Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you been affected by the dry eyes?? I've been on accutane for about 3 weeks and my eyes have been progressively dry for the past week or so. I tried wearing my contacts this week and I had to take them out right away. I tried some lubricating eye drops but it didn't help...I felt as though I have gravel in my eyes!!! so uncomfortable :confused:

So any of you have similar problems? If so, is there anything that helps??

I wear contacts, Im on week 5. I do notice them getting much drier. It hasnt been that bad though. I just put them in before I leave the house and now I take them out right when I get home to let my eyes rest. Usually I would take them out right before bed but, not now. I wear them the mininum amount of time. I havent had much problems like that. I keep some eye drops on me and put them in when they get bad. If it is realllly rellllly bothering you you just might want to consider wearing your glasses until your done with accutane

I would talk to your doctor about it. I had this problem and my doctor prescribed extra lubricating drops for me though I'm sorry i just can't remember what they were called. i also used Refresh liquigel which also helped a fair bit.

Have any of you been affected by the dry eyes?? I've been on accutane for about 3 weeks and my eyes have been progressively dry for the past week or so. I tried wearing my contacts this week and I had to take them out right away. I tried some lubricating eye drops but it didn't help...I felt as though I have gravel in my eyes!!! so uncomfortable :confused:

So any of you have similar problems? If so, is there anything that helps??

Yup.. i can't wear contacts anymore due to the over dryness of my eyes! i use refresh eye drops and they're okay but it doesnt do that much that i wud be able to wear my contacts..

My eyes got noticably drier, so I start I regime. For starters, sleeping in them now is a big no, no! In the mornings and before I go to bed I place a couple of drops of Genteal in each eye. Throughout the day I use Refresh eye drops even if they aren't feeling dry at the moment. By following this daily regime, I have been able to keep wearing my contacts daily with minimal discomfort.

My eyes got noticably drier, so I start I regime. For starters, sleeping in them now is a big no, no! In the mornings and before I go to bed I place a couple of drops of Genteal in each eye. Throughout the day I use Refresh eye drops even if they aren't feeling dry at the moment. By following this daily regime, I have been able to keep wearing my contacts daily with minimal discomfort.