Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that accutane increases skin sensitivity - it can even thin skin (which is why waxing on tane is a big no - no - the skin can tear!) - and that includes sun exposure. Being in the sun can damage your skin anyhow, but with accutane making your skin more sensitive, it can really give you a big sunburn. I also know that tane, being such a harsh drug, puts a strain on your liver (which is one of the organs used to filter out toxins from your body). Alcohol is also hard on the liver - drinking on tane is like a double whammy on your liver - not good at all.

Ok cause I took accutane from december to may and the sun started to show up in march-april. But I wasn't in the sun so much. I had like one drink. But otherwise it doesn't matter right?

well, if you didn't get a sunburn and your blood tests are fine, you are ok.

No sun because Accutane increases photosensitivity AKA easier sunburns.

Drinking is a no no, because possible drug interactions.

Personally if you're not chugging bottles of Vodka...you're fine....take it a couple hours before you down a few beers or those chick drinks with 5% alcohol in them.

Personally if you're not chugging bottles of Vodka...you're fine....take it a couple hours before you down a few beers or those chick drinks with 5% alcohol in them.

Ok didn't get it I'm an airhead...Photosensivity?

Photosensivity is YOU being a lot easier to be sun burned.....some drugs and topicals make you a lot easier to be burned and cause skin irritation if you're out in the sun....

Cause otherwise it doesn't matter since the sooner you take pills the better. They always had me wait like one year more so it would be winter again so annoying.

Cause otherwise it doesn't matter since the sooner you take pills the better. They always had me wait like one year more so it would be winter again so annoying.