Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yohams4life

People who used accutane

My derm said he is going to put me on accutane even though I only have mild acne. But i told him nothing else has worked. So if I start in the middle of may which is the plan when should my breakouts stop? I've heard some people say 50% better in two months. Im going away toward the end of july and was wondering how much better it could be by then. Thanks for the help

When i went on it, i stopped getting active pimples within a month, if i where you, id go get the non-scented normal gentle dove soap and use that, when i used that and accutane, my skin cleared up really quik... Just a thought.. i definately wouldnt use other topicals but im sure you knew that

We can't predict how you will respond. Some people, like myself, begin clearing up immediately. While others continue to have breakouts well into month 4 and 5.

it will probably take at least 3 months to see improvement, and you most likely won't get the full effect until after your course, that's how it is for most people.