Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pat3

Skipping Morning Dose

Has anyone tried only putting the regimen on at just night and not in the morning? If so, what were your results? I'm going to try it today, I hope I don't break out like crazy...

I skip the morning dose. I was on a modified regimen for about 6 months and it worked wonderfully - but then I made a big lifestyle change that involved a lot more daily stress and started breaking out.

So I started doing Dan's regimen about 3 weeks ago and it has taken care of the breakouts. However, it started making my skin really red. So now I only do it at night. Still working wonders on the acne. However, the redness is still there; I am hoping it will go away in the next few weeks.

Hi there,

I had the same problem.

I was using BP day and night for about 6 months. My skin was wonderful, no more blemishes! But it got red. People at work would ask me "did you go to the beach this weekend?" and I would lie saying that I did, but actually it was the BP.

I decreased the amount of BP by skipping either day or night applications hoping the redness would go away. But instead my acne came back like a rash! It was horrible. That was beg. of March. For a month I didn't know what to do until starting April I decided to start again applying BP both day and night.

So far the blemishes are going away, and my face is red again :P ahhaha But at least it keeps the acne under control.

I would be careful on decreasing drastically the amount of BP, but of course, all faces are different.

Hope this helps.

Doing the regimen just at night never kept me 100% clear. I would still get a cyst now and then - so annoying! So i upped it to twice a day about 6 months ago and that seems to have sorted it (i use a LOT of bp both day and night). Now just trying to sort out some minor dryness issues.

I would say give it a go especially if the regimen is already working quite well for you. If you start breaking out you can always go back to twice a day.

2 weeks ago I thought about doing the regimen only at night i decided to be brave and stop doing the regimen completely and see what happens. all i do now is cleanse with the purpose cleansing bar and use a small amount of lac-hydrin 5 in the morning and at night. so far no new breakouts.

i decided that i didnt want to be using bp for the rest of my life. i have very mild acne just around my jaw and on my cheeks. the benzoyl peroxide wasn't able to completely eliminate my acne, i would get a few new zits every week or so. and that seems to still be the case even though i have dropped benzoyl peroxide completely. it's definately a relief to not have to spend 20-30 minutes on my face every morning and night. now i just cleanse for 10 seconds wait 2 minutes and then gently apply lac-hydrin 5 morning and night.

i went from a huge finger full of benzoyl peroxide morning and night to no benzoyl peroxide at all. cold turkey. no adverse affects at all, yet.

basically my acne is so mild and i'm to the point where i just dont care what any one else thinks anymore. as long as just cleansing and moisturizing keeps me somewhat clear im fine with it.

hi...

yeah ive been doing the DKR only at night since feb of this year... it works great no breakouts or issues whatsoever im happy to say.

when i wake up i just cleanse and moisturise with clean and clear oil free moisturiser.

i did try going once a day late last year about october time and it did not work out... i broke out a tad bit. i had only been on the reg for about 4 months by then anyway, so i figure my acne was still way too active or something.

anyway now its all good... i think you just need to stick to the twice a day routine for the first few months then as your skin calms down a bit from activity then you can slowly ease off to only once a day with the bp.

hope my story helps...

good luck.

ps - i recently started skipping bp altogether every 3 days... works great. i apply normal reg every night for 3 days then take 1 day break (just cleanse and moisturise).

Thanks for all the replies. This morning I skipped and nothing new yet, i'll keep you posted.

Okay, I woke up with no new pimples or anything which hasn't happened in a long time. I drank alot of water before bed though.

Guest WhiteWater

I think it depends on how much stress and environmental conditions. With less stress I can get away with just night. My skin seems to fare better in humid summer rather than dry winters.

I'm also drinking green tea and applying it to my face in the morning, not sure if it's helping yet, but it's not making it worse.

I think I am going to start trying this...the more I read the less BP I think I should be using...It seems like it could cause some problems in the near future

I've experimented doing the DKR only once a day, both at night and in the morning, and for my skin, it only works when I do it BOTH times a day. Morning and night. Elsewise it's breakout time for me.

I'm thinking of just stopping it completly. My face is red, irrated and peeling. If I saw improvement, i'd continue, but it doesn't seem to be and i'm on week 2.

BP can definatly cause irratation - try cutting down on the amount of BP you are using (either by putting on less or only putting on trouble areas). It should only take 4 or 5 days of that to see if it's the BP that's causing the trouble (either the irratation will lessen or else not lessen at all) or if the DKR is not going to work at all for your skin.

It's always best to give ANY regimen that's not causing undue irratation at least three months to see if it will really work.

No problem. Alot of people have reported some heavy irratation with the BP - it can take skin weeks to really adjust to it. While I'd been using BP for about a year before I started the DKR, when I very first started to use BP, it took almost three weeks for my skin to really adjust to it. I had to cut down on how much I applied and only apply it once a day. Then when my skin got used to it, it was no problem.

Some people do have bad reactions to BP, though - anything that is really red, or cracks the skin - should be discountinued. If it's that level, definatly stop and find another source of topical acne medication.

I've been on the DKR for over a year now and it's the only thing that keeps my skin to any sort of tolerable level. I've also found that over the last 6 months, my skin tone has been evening with the DKR. Most regimens that work will actually get better over time - meaning the longer you use it, the more beneficial it will be to your skin. The trick is finding what works. :)

Okay, irratation and flaking have gone away, face is looking horrid pimple wise though. I've went back up to applying twice a day.

Well as soon as you get some money again i would highly recommend a good moistuiser mate. It will really make a big difference (and jojoba oil as well).