Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

Things I've noticed about acne

I've had acne since I was a young lad. Tried everything and then some. I'm now 20 and here are some things I've noticed about my acne.

- Cleansing your face is very important, if I skip washing my face, I’ve notice a change. I make sure I wash my face both in the morning and at night.

- You have to be gentle with your skin, and got to treat it right. Try not to scrub it like you are scrubbing a stain out of your carpet. The gentler you are with your skin, the better it would be.

- Stress causes acne. At least for me. Every time I’m stressed out, I break out. Rather it would be doing a last minute paper or studying overnight, I would break out. Same thing goes for presenting in front of a class or being part of the wedding. Could it be that I wasn't getting enough sleep that contributed to this as well?

- The more I exercise, the better I feel, the better I look and the better my skin would look. When I was active, was when my skin was at its best. I was looking at my old team pictures and notice how flawless my skin was. I couldn't believe that was me.

- Water, I don't really know how much effect this had but the more I drank the better I would feel.

At my very worst, I could've been a canidate for accutane and at my best, my skin was 99.9% clear.

What have you noticed?

- Stress causes acne. At least for me. Every time I’m stressed out, I break out. Rather it would be doing a last minute paper or studying overnight, I would break out. Same thing goes for presenting in front of a class or being part of the wedding. Could it be that I wasn't getting enough sleep that contributed to this as well?

Ok I agree, but the inflammed ones are usually geneteics, hormonal and out of your control I guess. What about eating frensh-fries and chocolate?

I totally agree with pretty much everything you said. I have only been exercising for like a week and a half/2 weeks after not doing any for 2 years and my face is looking great. I got injured a few years back and just stopped training/working out and also due to becoming generally lazy I guess. My complexion is pretty much even, my red marks have faded drastically and I generally feel happier :)

Ok I agree, but the inflammed ones are usually geneteics, hormonal and out of your control I guess. What about eating frensh-fries and chocolate?

I totally agree with pretty much everything you said. I have only been exercising for like a week and a half/2 weeks after not doing any for 2 years and my face is looking great. I got injured a few years back and just stopped training/working out and also due to becoming generally lazy I guess. My complexion is pretty much even, my red marks have faded drastically and I generally feel happier :)

:wavey: *hugs*

Not really, unless you take the french fries and smear it all over you face. LOL

just wash your hands after you eat.