Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hockey101

Don't know where I fit in anymore

I honestly don't know who my friends are anymore. I've always been well liked, but right now I don't have a best friend or anyone close to it. I talk to one girl on a regular basis. Even then conversation is short. Anyone ever felt like this?

I know it's my fault. I'm probably the most awkward person to hang out with these days.

I honestly don't know who my friends are anymore. I've always been well liked, but right now I don't have a best friend or anyone close to it. I talk to one girl on a regular basis. Even then conversation is short. Anyone ever felt like this?

I know it's my fault. I'm probably the most awkward person to hang out with these days.

Yea I do but I realized I don't need to 'fit' anywhere. I just go on with my life.

I have put myself in these situatuons in the past mainly due to my acne. I stopped hanging around with my friends as much because I was getting embarassed with my skin and just spoke with a few friends from time to time. Thankfully, my friends are pretty decent and didn't care all that much and we do stuff regularly. Don't feel bad, when it comes to friends I always say quality is better than quantity, I used to go about with loads of people as a teenager but I have to really close mates now and would rather have 2 friends that I can share everything with than loads that I barely get to know.

I can totally relate. I think I lost most of my friends out of embarrassment of my skin too. When i'm in big groups of people i just want to blend in. Its not much of a life at all and i always say i'll try harder to be sociable next time but when i'm in the situation again i just feel the need to get out/away again. I'm hoping once my skin is better i'll be happier and want to be noticed again. I'm at uni at the moment and whats supposed to be the best years of my life, i feel i am wasting them. I don't wanna go out and party, i feel so boring.

i dont fit in any where and i dont have any freinds i just have a lot of people i can talk to and joke around with

It was different for me in high school, but now that I'm in college a lot of my 'friends' have drifted away. I can literally count on one hand the people I consider good, true friends. Sometimes it would be nice to have a big group to hang out with, but for the most part I prefer quality over quantity.