Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cymbeline

X-ited abt Accutane

Hey everyone! I am 24/f/usa. I will soon be starting with accutane 40mg/day. As far as my current acne is concerned, i have mild acne with just one cyst per month and clogged pores. I don't have body acne but my acne though mild is persistent enough for my dermatologist to prescribe me accutane. I am still waiting for my tests to be done and will be starting any time soon. :dance: I am currently on diane 35 which seems to be helping but not as i would like it to. I am excited but nervous about IB but hopefully i can handle it. I hope i will get support from all you guys during my accutane journey. :D

Good luck to you! :D

Have you already signed up for iPledge? In the US you have to wait 30 days (2 negative pregnancy tests withing 30 days apart) before you can get your perscription...SUCKS!

Good luck to you! :D

Have you already signed up for iPledge? In the US you have to wait 30 days (2 negative pregnancy tests withing 30 days apart) before you can get your perscription...SUCKS!

Hey cymbeline

Goodluck with your Tane journel.

The best suggestion i have is take down all the mirrors around your home, it might speed up the process. weird but it does help not looking at your skin every minute of the day.

Just get all the thing u need, like lip balm, lotion/moisturiser, eye drop... well that the main...

All the best!

hey Freedom!!! thanks for the advice...its so true...but i m so addicted to the mirror...its my favourite hobby, u know.... ;) but ya i will try to do what u suggested..so that i m not freaked out...anyways i was just going through ur log and was wondering if u have done accutane before??

Heya

No worries...

Yes i have been throught Accutane, i done 4 times already and now its my 5th time... im currently on my week 5ish.

Eventhough i been throught alot of Accutane course but still feel like a newbie, i learn alot everyday about this drug... i mean every course i had so far is different from eachother so i cant really have a strong knowledge about it, just the the basics...

If u got any questions, i would try i best to answer it based on what i know.

Day 1

Oh finally i m started on my accutane journey.....feels awesome!! Just took my first pill with a side of salmon and cheese sandwich and chocolate.....fatty food obviously dont feel anything....in the evening will be going to get my creams and other stuff for dryness from walmart....right now one active pimple on my chin..some old acne marks...blocked pores....redness due to BP....and lot of oiliness!!

wanted to what do u guys eat with ur pills....i cant really think of many things i eat that are fatty??? also should i start moisturizing my face at night too??? is Aquaphor ointment fine?

Hey congrats on starting and good luck to you!

I honestly doubt that eating it with fatty foods is going to help do anything other than make you gain weight.

As long as you take it WITH food than you will be fine. IF you can't take it with food (don't have time or whatever) then try a glass of milk.

Don't obsess about it much, I'm sure if you ask you're derm then he will tell you the same thing.

Hey Gin*N*Juice...thanks for ur advice....

Day 2

Its been almost 8 hrs since i took my 2nd 20mg pill.....no side effects till now :doh: just feeling really really thirsty and a bit too sleepy....with little watery eyes (hmm..everyone gets dry eyes???) thats it!!

i have been reading a few logs lately which says about their severe IBs and also recurrence of acne after treatment :redface: which makes me really scared!!! well i guess i will just have to wait and see what accutane has in store for me.....good luck everyone who is on their accutane journey!!!

Day 3

Face seems to be getting dry and feels better....

pimples seem to have flattened themselves and the overall texture is better...may be its also because i m not applying any topicals....

feeling a little feverish and eyes are burning :confused: lips are not yet affected.....thanks to aquaphor :angel:

feeling very drowsy today...and not as thirsty as yesterday!!!

well thats all for today!!!!

Day 4 and Day 5

Yesterday morning face looked much better and dry...

there were no new breakouts or anything...just the old ones which seemed to be drying...pores looked smaller and a little refined...

and then because i m such a procrastinator :snooty:, i had to complete my whole research paper in just a day and was so was all stressed out and didn't sleep the whole of last night completing my paper...and guess what...

today morning i had two red bulky cysts under my skin, one on my chin and one on my right cheek, and 3 white heads around my mouth :wacko: and a lot of new red spots...

face also seems to be oily again....don't know whats happening???

From tomorrow I will start with 40 mg/day....

Week of submissions...so all stressed out...doesnt help my skin :wall: ...anyways....still patient and very hopeful of awesome results in the future!!

Also since the last two days, i have very bad backache and my lips are getting all dry and flaky.... :eh:

Day 6 , Day 7 , Day 8

Was very busy the last two days, and so couldn't update my log...oh thank god...just one more week till my summer holidays...

have started taking 40mg/day since the last two days...and so far the side effects are minimal.

last two days had been just fine with no changes whatsoever!

face was actually more oily than before..

and both my ears have been itching like hell...it gets very red when i start scratching them and small red dots start erupting on my ears and behind my ears...and the ears are actually the only part which have become very dry and scaly...

today is Day 8...Wow one week already...time flew and i dont have my IB yet!

today ofcourse skin is dry, especially after i have washed it and the pores are all very visible and rough....m not applying anything on my face when i am home....

my palms are burning when i wash them with warm water...seems like my skin there has become very thin....oooooooooh god!

well rest is ok....getting anxious to see some change!!

oh ya face seems a little red today!

Day 9

ok so its day 9 and today my skin looks so much better....

all the pores are visible....there is some black thing filling all my pores it seems...do not look like black head...but ofcourse something like sand...

but no active pimples :dance:

also i still have all the small...really really small skin colored bumps on my face....i dont even know what type of acne is that....they are not pus filled or anything of the sort...do not hurt...but are like perpetually making my skin look bumpy....does anyone know what type of acne is that...do any of u guys have it?

side effects are almost nothing except dry lips.....which i keep moisturized 24x7....

nothing else...hope all u guys are doing great on accutane!!!

Its been a long time since i posted....was very busy with my finals and then was sick for sometime....just down with flu...and ofcourse my moods have been very bad lately...i dont know whats up with me...

i feel like just sitting alone and doing nothing...i m not liking it...but neither m i able to understand it....it really sucks...

its DAY 26

my skin is bad right now...it hasnt been this bad for almost two years....i m not feeling good abt it either...it doesnt seem to be improving...i had a big...really big cyst on my back last week...it hurt soooooo bad...i usually dont get any on my back. Of course, now its gone and just a mark is left...

but my face is looking horrible...i have a huge cyst on my forehead...on the right side...it almost covers my right side...its really red and swollen and hurts bad and is not covered by make up. it showed up after i tried to pick up a clogged pore...the next morning i see this huge monster sitting in its place... :redface:

and also all my pores are blocked and there are almost 50 small closed comedones on my face right now..it spreads all the way to my neck..i really hate it so much. :cry:

i have my derm appointment in 3 days and i dont think my dosage would change...i dont know how far is Accutane working for me...

As far as the side effects are concerned...i have chapped lips...headaches...and real bad mood swings...but i dont know if my mood is accutane related... :eh:

As far as one good thing for today is....i got my sample kit of Everyday minerals in the mail today and also their Kabuki brush...so i m going to try it now... :D and guess what it 1 am of the night...but i m just excited about trying it...so see you all tomorrow....take care guys...and stay with me...i m really trying my best to stay positive...and all ur logs help a lot!!!

hey hun...sorry to hear your face isnt doing so well...but just think it probably all the crap thats been hiding under your skin for a loooooooong time and its finally ready to show itself to the world before making a final exit....goodluck!

chill, cymbeline!

i remember there was a point (3rd week?) that I had so many lil white junkies on each pore of mine. it was crazy. but it went away in a week or so. maybe you shouldnt be worrying abt it too much.

if i am rite, ur mineral stuff is a make up not moisturizer? FYI, i use cetaphil SPF-15.

good luck!

Its been a long time since i posted....was very busy with my finals and then was sick for sometime....just down with flu...and ofcourse my moods have been very bad lately...i dont know whats up with me...

i feel like just sitting alone and doing nothing...i m not liking it...but neither m i able to understand it....it really sucks...

its DAY 26

my skin is bad right now...it hasnt been this bad for almost two years....i m not feeling good abt it either...it doesnt seem to be improving...i had a big...really big cyst on my back last week...it hurt soooooo bad...i usually dont get any on my back. Of course, now its gone and just a mark is left...

but my face is looking horrible...i have a huge cyst on my forehead...on the right side...it almost covers my right side...its really red and swollen and hurts bad and is not covered by make up. it showed up after i tried to pick up a clogged pore...the next morning i see this huge monster sitting in its place... :redface:

and also all my pores are blocked and there are almost 50 small closed comedones on my face right now..it spreads all the way to my neck..i really hate it so much. :cry:

i have my derm appointment in 3 days and i dont think my dosage would change...i dont know how far is Accutane working for me...

As far as the side effects are concerned...i have chapped lips...headaches...and real bad mood swings...but i dont know if my mood is accutane related... :eh:

As far as one good thing for today is....i got my sample kit of Everyday minerals in the mail today and also their Kabuki brush...so i m going to try it now... :D and guess what it 1 am of the night...but i m just excited about trying it...so see you all tomorrow....take care guys...and stay with me...i m really trying my best to stay positive...and all ur logs help a lot!!!