Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeD

Help this man choose makeup.

I am 26 and suffer with blackheads and sun damage on my face. The last time I was at Nordstom, the clerk treated me like I was weird and out of place. I just acted like I was late for something and walked away. "Yes, I'm a guy.. Yes, I care about my skin looking better!" At least I felt like saying that. I work out like 14 hours a week. Why shouldn't I try to improve my skin?! People are so stupid.

Anyway, I have trouble with blackheads on my nose, fairly large pores and my cheeks and wrinkles under my eyes. Here's what I've tried so far.

-Green cover up under the eyes to reduce redness.

*Complaint:That doesn't take away the wrinkles.

-Mac cover up on my nose and cheeks to fill pores.

*Complaint: The cover up gets all crackled looking on my nose after a few hours and turns white on my blackheads. I look better without it. Also, it's hard to get he color to match.

What should I do? It's very hard for me to go to Nordstom to talk about improving my skin when there's some beautiful 21 yr old girl who clearly doesn't need makeup and HAS NO IDEA what it's like. It's like they have the attitude that I look this way on purpose.. They never understand and sometimes use hurtful words. Plus I really don't think they know what they're talking about. Probably just a summer job for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would try MAC again-they have a lot of male makeup artists who might be more understanding?

I would try MAC again-they have a lot of male makeup artists who might be more understanding?

^yes, we male makeup artists know what looks good on men. A LIGHT layer of high coverage foundation (LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT layer) and concealer on the big spots only to keep a natural look. A dusting of powder and some lip balm and voila! a handsome face!

^yes, we male makeup artists know what looks good on men. A LIGHT layer of high coverage foundation (LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT layer) and concealer on the big spots only to keep a natural look. A dusting of powder and some lip balm and voila! a handsome face!

come on.. help a boy out and give him more help than that ;) tell him what to use... i know you can do it.. hell you could probably tell me how to do my make up better than i do, lol

About MAC...

Go to free-standing MAC stores, not department store counters. Lots of counter now use sales associates instead of makeup artists. And that's with all counters, not just MAC. All MAC employees at free-standing stores are makeup artists and trained by MAC.

There are LOTS of male MAC makeup artists. Probably the most of all mainstream customer based companies.

And remember, makeup is a supplement, not a miracle worker. Don't expect everything on your face to disappear because you have makeup on.

And make sure to use moisturizer before you apply makeup. And use a concealer brush.

About MAC...

Go to free-standing MAC stores, not department store counters. Lots of counter now use sales associates instead of makeup artists. And that's with all counters, not just MAC. All MAC employees at free-standing stores are makeup artists and trained by MAC.

There are LOTS of male MAC makeup artists. Probably the most of all mainstream customer based companies.

And remember, makeup is a supplement, not a miracle worker. Don't expect everything on your face to disappear because you have makeup on.

And make sure to use moisturizer before you apply makeup. And use a concealer brush.

I am female, have oily skin, acne scars, & a few wrinkles, & have always felt I needed the coverage of a heavy foundation. The most natural looking I've found is mineral powder foundation, provided you avoid those with a shiny finish like Bare Escentuals; I think the "shiny" ingredient is bismuth (?) You should know that no makeup will cover all flaws completely, unless you wanna look totally fake; the best you can expect is that your skin will look better but still natural. And yeah, cosmetics salesgirls often have UNUSUALLY great skin - that's NOT the norm for the average person! There's lots of varieties of mineral foundations, including some drugstore brands like Physician's Choice & Cover Girl. Although it may be a bit pink for some skin tones, I like to use EveryDay Minerals Multitask Concealer all over my face as a foundation - I apply it quite heavily with a cotton ball, then buff it with the cotton until it's blended & not cakey. I only wish mineral powders had been available when I was a teen with even worse skin!