Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatAznKid

Asian Skin...

These last couple of months, I have been breaking out like crazy! I break out mostly on my chin area, a few on the cheeks, on top of my lip area, and some on the forehead. I'm not sure why I am breaking out though, it's not like I put my hands on my face or anything. Let's see.. for the facial products, I'm using the japanese shisedo milk face wash, and the japanese biore men's exfoliator washer. see, i think these facial cleaners work, but somehow my body get's used to them and then they stop. As for a toner, i'm using this neutrogena pore refining toner with alpha and beta hydroxy formula. my god, i had to stop using that because not only does it make my face extremely red, but also, i dont think it really helps but irritate my skin. and then i usually apply tazorac on my skin, but the tazorac doesnt seem to help anymore either. im also using a cetaphil mostorizer. i also use the aspirin mask and most recently the egg mask as well.

so.. could anyone, possibly asian, recommend me new products to use? i think i may need a new cleanser and a new toner[A BRAND NEW REGIME], because these aren't working for me anymore. im getting pretty desperate and im really willing to try anything new.... what products have worked best for you?

picture of me three month ago

http://photos-962.ak.facebook.com/photos-a...343962_2684.jpg

http://photos-344.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v6...0185344_990.jpg

[notice how red my face looks. yes, it always looks like this, especially above my lips. and also, how big my pores are! ]

post-51752-1176961727_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1176961741_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1176961854_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1176961727_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1176961741_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1176961854_thumb.jpg

Topical:

ACV/Alow Vera gel on the spots (from what ive heard)

Almond Oil to moisterize (3 drops a.oil and 3 drops water to thin it out)

Cetaphil Gentle cleanser (from what ive heard)

Internally:

Have a cucumber, ginger, apple, smoothie (chunk of each) in the morning...hey i know it sounds disgusting but its a small price to pay.

3 Times a wk substitute a salad dish for lunch.

Completely lay off the dairy that includes a glass of milk and cereal....maybe the odd choc bar here and there.

Have a poo at least once a day, if u cant do it one day try hard to have it the next.

Hope tht helps.

i think your face is immuned to it like you said.. .what i did was give it a few weeks and go back to the product because u know it works. too bad shesheido is so expensive. I did that with murad for awhile but i'm sick of the cycling of products and the immunity.

Right now i use joseof products but i'm still testing them out. my chin is pretty bad but im healing. Murad is good but i purged like crazy and took a few months before i got healthy skin and then my skin got immuned to it. the reason i switched josoef because it was cheaper and they offer great customer service that refined my system so my skin won't get used to it. So it's up to you if you want to take a breather or look for new products. Both lines i use have a website.

I have asian skin but i have dermatitis too (eczema) so i'm different. I have combo as well.

Murad... ewww. I used that once and that stuff killed my face. =/

As for the cetaphil cleanser.. I have the cetaphil bar soap, but I dont think that stuff helps either. =/

I think I forgot to mention that my skin is super super sensative.

i'm asian and i find benzaclin to work pretty well. it's a prescription topical though, so ask your doctor/derm (i first got it prescribed from my doctor) for some samples. for cleanser - nothing works better than cetaphil! and toner - anything by clinque is nice. clinque is known for testing their products on 1,000 people and if ONE of them has a bad reaction they go back to the drawing board, lol. i found mary kay to have decent products too.

AND if you're really desperate - you can always try an oral form, like an antibotic. i'm on minocycline 100mg atm... day 3 for me. we'll see how it goes!

Oxy's Deep Pore Daily Facial - morning and night

Clean&Clear Persa-Gel 5 ( 5% Benzoyl peroxide ) - night

also make sure that you use sun screen when you go out.

Damn that girl is hot in the first pic. :P

Anyway, yeh green tea is supposed to be good for acne, although I haven't tried it.

Well, I my mom is half asian, so I guess I qualify :surprised: . Anyway for a toner, I like mixing lemon juice and water in a small container. I usually use a 50/50 dilution, but if this stings too much, I would add more water. This controlled some of my oil, and cleared up some of my face, it also lightened some of the dark spots.

DO NOT use cliniques!!!!!!! DO NOTTTTTTTT use cliniques!!!!!! x 100000

esp their 3-step to great skin= biggest BS evverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.!!!!!! messed up my face, did nothing to help to improve. cliniques worse than drugstore products. ew.

if ure asian, go to asian market/store, get Kanebo cleanser. they should have that in a pink and a green bottle.. i like both..pinks peach, greens leaves.. both of them are very gentle. does not have sa or bp in it.. honestly the best way to treat acne is to stop torturing ur skin with sa or bp stuffs.

Damn that girl is hot in the first pic. :P

Anyway, yeh green tea is supposed to be good for acne, although I haven't tried it.

I'll put in my 2 cents. I'll recommend to you what I do everyone else. Mandelic Acid. I had the same problem you did, inflammed pimples and a lot of redness. I tried eveything and its brother. I had a few products that worked, but mandelic did mircales for me. I have very sensitive skin too, to the point that some cleanser and moisturizera even bother it. But i bought Nucelle mandelic acid, which is meant for very sensitive skin and it doesnt bother me at all. The first 2 weeks i used it i vroke out a little more but now im very clear. And the best thing is, during the day when i use it, it gets rid of all my redness. It does dry you out a little bit, but a moisturizer takes care of that. I'll post a link and you can check it out. I highly suggest it though, even if it doesnt work, you can return it...so its worth it i think.

http://skincarerx.com/nucelle.html

p.s. the mandelic 10% serum is what you would want to use

I'm Asian! Check out my log, my skin's doing a lot better !! Plus it's a simple regimen, I know that we might not have the same type of acne, but maybe but it into consideration?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=148185

If it's making your face all red, than stop using it ?

I dislike how some people are so quick to suggest tane.

Jojoba oil under the Desert Essence brand can be found at Trader Joe's , not sure about the straight Aloe Vera, anyone?

Have you considered antibiotics? My first year of college I had the same exact problem as yours and my dermatologist put me on Cephalexin/Keflex. I have yet to have another big zit pop up again, but I may be just lucky. I still get an occasional small bump here and there but nothing like the big cysts that I had problems with before. I know it probably won't work for everyone, but the stuff is REALLY cheap and convenient so you really have nothing to lose. I think if it works for you it's a great alternative to accutane

Also, I would probably lay off the egg white and aspirin mask for now. I believe those are more for red marks than active acne, so it might irritate you further. If anything, use the aspirin mask maybe once or twice a week max

Hope that helps

accutane. try a microdose first and if that doesnt work 20-40 mg a day.

I'm scared to go on tane.

I'm in college now.. so tomorrow, I'll be going home. I might fix me up a new toner, and a new cleanser (grabbed samples from the derm last time). Anyone know where I can find jojoba oil or straight aloe vera stuff? I went to walmart and walgreens. they didn't have any...

Wow. there are so many suggestions, which shall I try out first? I actually used to use this cleanser by JOHNSON JOHNSON, and it worked really well. So I think I'm going to go to the store to buy that as my cleanser. Can anyone here recommend me any facial masks? I haven't used one in like three weeks, and I can already tell that my pores are CLOGGED. I need something that will help unclog the pores. As for the jojoba oil, the reason why I wanted it was to use it for the "green tea/acv toner" I read it somewhere on here and I can't seem to find jojoba. What about seasalt? Can I find that at my local Walmart?

well i guess day one of my regime.

TONIGHT I:

-steamed my face for 10 minutes. [opened up my pores]

- used this mud clay facial wash by this japanese brand

- used sea water as an exfoliant and left that on for 10 minutes

- proceeded to use a new toner [ACV with jojoba oil, tree oil, green tea]

- followed by 99% ALOE VERA GEL.

took some pictures after. my face feels more fresh! noticed that the steaming opened up a lot of my clogged pores.

I WANT THOSE DAMN PIMPLES ON MY FOREHEAD GONE! AND IN MY CHIN AREA TOO!

Hope tomorrow , my face would look better when i wake up.

post-51752-1177133940_thumb.jpg

post-51752-1177133940_thumb.jpg

Do you apply wax to your hair? If you do, you might want to not wax the fringe. I have short hair too and I stopped applying wax to my fringe and my forehead is nice now.

I do think that you should consider either antibiotics or a microcourse on Accutane. Some of your inflammations look like cysts and that usually responds quite slowly to topicals.

But if you really don't want to use oral medication then try Benzoyl Peroxide. If that doesn't works well then get Retin-A or Differin. Differin was good for me.

I'd skip the toner and exfoliant for now. You should focus on calming your skin down rather than exfoliate it. Keep the Aloe Vera Gel on, that's great for healing active inflammations. Get a good sunblock for your face. Avene is good. If you want something for Asian skin, you can try Garnier's LightMatte. I'm not sure if you have Garnier in where you live. Garnier is formulated by L'Oreal.

That's about it... You don't wear makeup, so that's one thing less to worry about. By the way, I'm Asian too. All the best.

Do you apply wax to your hair? If you do, you might want to not wax the fringe. I have short hair too and I stopped applying wax to my fringe and my forehead is nice now.

I do think that you should consider either antibiotics or a microcourse on Accutane. Some of your inflammations look like cysts and that usually responds quite slowly to topicals.

But if you really don't want to use oral medication then try Benzoyl Peroxide. If that doesn't works well then get Retin-A or Differin. Differin was good for me.

I'd skip the toner and exfoliant for now. You should focus on calming your skin down rather than exfoliate it. Keep the Aloe Vera Gel on, that's great for healing active inflammations. Get a good sunblock for your face. Avene is good. If you want something for Asian skin, you can try Garnier's LightMatte. I'm not sure if you have Garnier in where you live. Garnier is formulated by L'Oreal.

That's about it... You don't wear makeup, so that's one thing less to worry about. By the way, I'm Asian too. All the best.

Jojoba oil has broken out a lot of people here ThatAznKid. Please dont use it. I dont know if you can buy sea salt at walmart. I got mine at Trader Joes

ThatAZNKid, don't over irritate your skin.

You may want to try a lighter regimen. I saw one of the posts earlier suggested you cetaphil.

My skin there was a point where I broke out like crazy. I'm not gonna say that at first when I started out on smth it made my skin better.

But if u have a good diet, and cleanse n moisturize your face with smth gentle with no harsh ingredients, and use the aspirin mask 3-4 times a week. Your face will start getting smoother, and less breakouts.

Your skin really doesn't look that bad. I think you're just at that age where you're breaking out n stuff.. but I think you can really get it control. Don't let your skin get use to a product with harsh ingredients in it.

Oh, I only used aspirin mask till i got my skin controlled. You don't even have to use it if u don't want to. Just be gentle with your skin. It'll help it on the long run.

(if your skin is really severe and being gentle with it won't help anyways.. then u may want to try smth else, but it doesnt look bad to me)