Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
understanding

Oily/Acne Prone's, Need foundation rec!

My daughter is very acne prone and has oily skin.

I'm wondering what people with a similar problem are using for foundation?

She prefers liquid.

Thanks so much!

i've been talking to someone on here and she recommended that when skin is oily, but tends to get a flaky surface to try something that has a higher glycerin content. i'm getting ready to use covergirl trublend. i like the way it feels but i don't need a lot of coverage. i tried the colorstay and it was too thick feeling for my taste.

Almay do a foundation called "Skin Stays Clean" and it has been a real godsend for me. It's non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores and cause acne), oil free, great coverage and stays on really well on oily skin. If she would use a powder based foundation, the other foundation i use is the clarins exress compact - it's also non-comedeogenic and also gives great coverage. I switch between the 2 depending on what kind of skin day i am having, but I haven't changed from those two for about a year now. I've tried almost every foundation out there and still have most of them in my make up drawer! But these 2 are really good.

I used Cover Girl Clean Makeup for a long time because it was cheap, but I'm pale and the ivory one I bought just made the red spots look pink and didn't really cover up enough. One day I found my mom's foundation and tried it on for the hell of it, it's Almay Time Off, I found it covered up way better and gave me a more natural colour instead of pink, it also absorbs/dries nicer and then I put on some loose powder for staying power and it sort of fills in some imperfections. It's almost run out so maybe I'll also try some suggestions here but this one seems pretty good. edit..it also has SPF 12.