Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Table

The rate at which red marks fade

I mostly have acne on my face but sometimes break out on my back/chest I have noticed that red marks on my back/chest will fade away considerably quicker than my face. Why is that?

For example, I get really bad allergic reactions to any bug bites to the point that I break out in really bad hives no matter what. A week ago I broke out from a mosquito bite and it covered my entire collarbone with hives that lasted in the oozy, itchy state for three days. The hives finally stopped weeping a day ago and my skin went from bright red to a faded red overnight. This morning it is looking less red and now more dark brown. So what is it about the skin on my body that heals faster than the skin on my face? By the way, these hives were not just one small spot it really did cover the width/span of my entire collarbone (I had to wear turtlenecks all week).

i would like to know as well

considering how irritated/dirty/oily the rest of your body is throughout the day (moving around in clothes, sitting/standing, moving around in bed) you would think that body acne would be more persistent and easy to spread and longer to heal

I would also like to know the answer to this. The only thing I can think of is that I pretty much leave my back and body alone. I only had very minimal back acne before accutane cleared it but I did get a few painful ones and one on my chest that was huge and left very bad red marks but after few months they were gone with absolutley no trace. I alwats tend to tamper with my face, trying a new cream or touching my skin whereas my body is just left to heal by itself. Don't know really :shrug:

I thought, maybe it was a dream!, that I read something a long time ago about how the skin on our face is different than our body in that it takes longer to heal but I just can't remember the reason. It just really baffles me.. I have acne marks like you, Kingpin, that are still on my face it just took a year or so to fade from bright red to light red. I hate that they are still there but I just remember the acne that was there, and just be happy my face isn't as bad as it once was.. plus I can cover up with make-up. I am not sure you do that.

But still, why must my body skin heal faster! Bah, I can't cover my face with a t-shirt.

im gonna try this glycolic acid peel stuff and maybe ACV for a few months then im going to pay £1500 for micro dermabrasion at a private hospital! ill have to quit my job for a few weeks though because of the mess it makes of your face soon afterwards!

I don't know the difference between all those high tech treatments but micro dermabrasion is where it takes your skin off and takes a few weeks to heal, right? People look better afterwards but what about laster smoothbeam or whatever treatments. Whenever they have those extreme makeover shows they always show people getting lasered for their red spots and they appear to fade without wrecking your entire face. Maybe that would be the better way to go so you don't have to quit your job?

I don't know though I really am no expert.

Im sure that there are professional peels and lasers out there that will take away the red marks but the problem is the doctor who will provide these services, you have to talk to them and have them by the balls, otherwise they'll treat you like a small fry when they will spend the most time on their "big" celeb patients. Sorry sounds really bad but as far as I know many private clinics are like this, they just want you to make a down payment for some treatment plan, the rest is highly mechanical, you may not get the customized treatment and attention that you need.