Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

How often do you wash your foundation brush?

you girls inspired me to wash my brush last night, hope you're all happy now my brush is de-sgustified

:clap: Yay! I'm happy about that. :D

It was funny because I was taking a shower when I saw the bottle of baby shampoo and thought "Ok ok I'll wash my brush". I yelled out to my BF and asked him to get my brush out of my makeup box, he gave me a funny look when he handed it to me, "what the hell are you doing with this in the shower??"

LOL..that's hilarious. they jus dont understand the troubles and work we do tp stay beautiful for them

Make-up brushes and sponges really should be washed after every use.

If not you spread bacteria, dead skin cells, and oil & contaminate your face and make-up. :naughty:

If you wash brushes gently with a SLS-free detergent, make sure not to wet the ferrel, and hang upside down to dry, they will last a long time.

Make-up brushes and sponges really should be washed after every use.

If not you spread bacteria, dead skin cells, and oil & contaminate your face and make-up. :naughty:

If you wash brushes gently with a SLS-free detergent, make sure not to wet the ferrel, and hang upside down to dry, they will last a long time.

I use a kabuki with my MMU. I wash it once a week. Is this OK?

There is no need to wash your brushes every day. Cleansers are extremely drying and can destroy your brushes if you wash them too much. Especially natural fibers. I wash mine once a week. And I wipe them clean with a damp towel after each use.

Sponges should never be washed and re-used. Sponges break down very easily and bacteria remains trapped inside, even after you wash it.

^I use colorstay and the one time I didn't wash my brush with soap, well, it had kinda dried like glue by the next day EVEN with rinsing the excess makeup out of it with just water.

^I use colorstay and the one time I didn't wash my brush with soap, well, it had kinda dried like glue by the next day EVEN with rinsing the excess makeup out of it with just water.

Seriously? Glue? That is so weird. I've never seen that happen. I don't use drug store brands and I've never used Revlon. Whenever my foundation dries on my foundation brush, it just looks and feels like my powder brush. You can barely see or feel anything on it.

I guess if my brush got like that every time I used it, I'd wash it every day too.

rush25, foundation brushes MUST be washed after every use... in case you haven't noticed, this topic was created about FOUNDATON brushes... not powder brushes, or whatever else. KEY WORD: FOUNDATION BRUSH. look it up on google. but anyawys, i don't know what you're talking about ruining them, it doesn't ruin them, i've had my foundation brush for over 2 years, i wash it everyday and it's still perfect.

I wash them once a week. & keep them in a beaker.

Anytime I use liquid... then I wash them straight after I've used it.

rush25, foundation brushes MUST be washed after every use... in case you haven't noticed, this topic was created about FOUNDATON brushes... not powder brushes, or whatever else. KEY WORD: FOUNDATION BRUSH. look it up on google. but anyawys, i don't know what you're talking about ruining them, it doesn't ruin them, i've had my foundation brush for over 2 years, i wash it everyday and it's still perfect.

Yikes. Foundation brushes DO NOT need to be washed after every use. Unless you use a product like dries in a thick or sticky consistency, like sephora was talking about. Then I would definitely wash them after every use. Yes...foundation brushes. I know what a foundation brush is. Most makeup artists do. I've been talking about foundation brushes the entire time. KEY WORD: FOUNDATION BRUSH. What are you talking about? Did I ever mention otherwise? Nope. The only thing I said was that when my foundation dries on my foundation brush, it looks like a fine powder (LIKE MY POWDER BRUSH), which I said in reference to sephora's post about his foundation drying like glue. Which is why all I do is wipe my foundation brushes with a diluted water and Cleanse Off Oil solution after each use. Washing your brushes after every use can cause the fibers to break down, especially if you have an alcohol-based cleanser. I'm glad that your brushes are still look perfect after washing them everyday, but don't assume that that's the case for everyone. Because it is not. And brush breakdown isn't visible until it's too late. I have brushes that I use for work that I have to wash everyday, and they don't last nearly as long as my personal brushes. I've had my personal brushes for four years and they are still going strong. The brushes I use at work (which are the same as my personal brushes but get washed after every use) are in worse shape. Most people do not wash their brushes everyday, and I'm not referring to just the people on this board. And there is a reason we don't wash our brushes everyday.

But to each his own. Not sure why you want to argue this....since it doesn't matter.

But whatever. :shrug:

Well, I'm glad to hear brushes don't need to be washed every time! (unless you're using colorstay). I may have to invest in a few. Quo is a Canadian brand that makes really good brushes for a decent price and I recently noticed that they've added a dual-fibre brush that looks like MAC 187 to their line. It looks great and is only $20. :dance:

I have never heard of foundation brushes, I thought they were just for powder :eh:

I don't even like using the sponges, they feel weird on my skin and crumble too much, I just use my finger... :shifty:

Wow... I like washed my brushes once every three months haha. I only use powder though, so I don't see why they need to be washed once a week? I mean, liquid I can understand, but powder? What type of germs could possibly be on your brush if your using powder? Aside from facial oils.... hmm.

i try to wash mine once a week, but it's usually more like once every two weeks, when my foundation brush starts to build up and not be as pliable anymore.... (yuck.) and i always wash mine with baby shampoo.

:think: I'm considering getting one but wonder how often I'll need to wash it. Silly, I guess, since I already use a sponge and only ever wash it or change it every 4 weeks or so. :shifty: But at least the sponge sits in my compact, or a baggie...but a brush just...sitting out on my vanity? Getting dust and germs on it all day long? I dunno...

Anyway-I'm just curious before I go out and buy one. Thanks!

Well I wash mine after every use(everyday) Its easy a bit of soap and some hot water and then i wrap it in a tissue and its clean for the next use! Oh and their way better then a sponge!!!