Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

How often do you wash your foundation brush?

:think: I'm considering getting one but wonder how often I'll need to wash it. Silly, I guess, since I already use a sponge and only ever wash it or change it every 4 weeks or so. :shifty: But at least the sponge sits in my compact, or a baggie...but a brush just...sitting out on my vanity? Getting dust and germs on it all day long? I dunno...

Anyway-I'm just curious before I go out and buy one. Thanks!

I wash mine every Sunday. Sone weeks I have pimples some weeks I don't so I always wash it to make sure it isnt spreading bacteria

I have had mine for like 5 months and have only washed it once....seems gross now that I think about it! It was really easy to wash (I used water and shampoo), so I wouldn't let the washing deter you from getting one.

What kind of makeup do you use?

Haha! Well, I have Revlon One-Step that I just got a week ago-that's my current one. I also use revlon colorstay active light, and maybelline PureStay. And Everyday Minerals (but I have my kabukis for that).

So I would be using it for mostly cream and liquid foundation.

after each use!

it MUST be washed after each use.

ew to anyone who doesn't wash it after each use... that's just NASTY, especially, cos acne prone people should know better.

Only wash your brushes every day if you want to ruin them quickly.

I wash mine once a week. With baby shampoo.

Whatever you do, don't buy brush cleaner. Too harsh.

I wash mine once a wk. (friday) I use a kabuki brush and its always stored in my draw, right at the end. So it wont get all dusty, left out in the open.

i'm also an every use washer, which ends up being once a day and i soak for a couple hours or so once a week to get all the crud out.. i think i use the same brush as sephora, the WONDERFUL essence of beauty cheapie from CVS. i use johnson and johnson head to toe baby wash to clean it.. the joys of having an 18 month old, its always around, lol

Damn-I don't think we have essence of beuty in Canada :( But I'll look for a cheapie...I must hop on the foundation-brush bandwagon.

Damn-I don't think we have essence of beuty in Canada :( But I'll look for a cheapie...I must hop on the foundation-brush bandwagon.

i'll mail ya one, lol. i actually just bought an essence of beauty multi-pack that i am in LOVE with. it has 3 different brushes but they're all double ended, theres one thats a foundation/concealer, a blush/powder, and a blending/shadow..ugh, so in love :wub: i also bought a 4 pack of travel brushes, also all double ended.. those are in my car so i'm trying to remember what brushes are in that one, theres a flat and rounded liner, concealer, shadow/smudger, can't remember what else, but they f'ing rock my world.

Washing your brushes everyday? Goodness. I was like Katy till a year ago I didn't even know we were supposed to wash our brushes. I really don't keep a constant schedule but I try to wash mine every two weeks. What has been really good for me is just washing them everytime I clean up my bedroom. I change my sheets, vaccuum, wash my clothes etc etc and wash my make-up brushes. I sometimes forget but that helps most of the time.

I wash after every three uses or so, but I have several brushes I rotate, so I maybe wash two of them once a week.

I keep all my brushes in a separate zippered case(you can also buy caddys to stand them up in on your counter, or any kind of tall glass/jar would work). When they are wet I leave the case open & prop the brushes so they aren't sitting against anything & can dry out well.

I wash mine every day- it's a synthetic one that was really cheap at Costco (probably Borghese brand). I use some Raspbery V05 shampoo I didn't like with water: I used to try using Cetaphil, but nothing but shampoo seems to make it actually clean.

Everytime i use and after. i jus wet the brush and take a napkin and start wiping it clean and i do it everytime. I bought the dior foundation brush, this is the best i used compared to one from prescreptives and sephora brand

you girls inspired me to wash my brush last night, hope you're all happy now my brush is de-sgustified

:clap: Yay! I'm happy about that. :D

you girls inspired me to wash my brush last night, hope you're all happy now my brush is de-sgustified

:clap: Yay! I'm happy about that. :D

It was funny because I was taking a shower when I saw the bottle of baby shampoo and thought "Ok ok I'll wash my brush". I yelled out to my BF and asked him to get my brush out of my makeup box, he gave me a funny look when he handed it to me, "what the hell are you doing with this in the shower??"