Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stocko

Acne has Destroyed my Life

I believe this is the only place were people understand how hell might feel. I have it worse, but you might just know a little bit how it feels.

I was the popular guy in Year 7, (11yo). I made many new friends in my new school, quickly became the "top" person and got a girlfriend. I was very happy with my life and I made people laugh with my humour. I had a wonderful time and always accepted invites for fun.

Then came year 8 (12yo), and my first signs of acne. At first I didnt think much of it at all, never bothered me, untill one person said "Your pretty spotty arnt you!. That day I looked in the mirror and I thought "Yer, I am". Ever since that day, I hid my face from people. I was still rather popular, but my feelings were in a right state.

Then Year 8 passed, then year 9, with acne having an extremely terrible teenager time. Even my humour no longer got me a girlfriend.

I my parents found out about BP, and they gave me some from the doctors. It cleared me up in a few months, and you wouldnt believe how many popularity shot back up the following week. I was having the best time of my life (I was 14 or 15). I loved it. I was clear, I stopped using BP 10% and about 6 months later, they came back.

This time I was really paranoid, no way did I want to go through all that pain again. So I found upon this site, and littery LATHERED my face with BP 10% for months and months and months.

As each day went by, I had to stop using products trying to find a calmer one because of the sheer dryness. I got very oily and flakey skin along the way also.

Come to this day, at 17. About 8 months ago I stopped using BP for good. Now my face cant even stand the weather with out getting dry and oily etc. This has been going on for 2 years now, were I am red, oily and dry, very unnatractive.

No'one offered to help me, so now I am helping myself.

Pic - http://www.imagecabin.com/?view=17681419247b0abc88bf28c30

I've tried everything, now I really need expert help. I am lost on what to do. I cant live like this any longer, I'm sorry.

post-24522-1176814426_thumb.jpg

post-24522-1176814426_thumb.jpg

Dude, don't self harm, it wont help at all.. I used to cut myself because of shitty acne, it became part of my routine, I felt like I had to do it every night for some reason. You don't want to start doing that.

Also I noticed in that pic, your skin isn't even that bad..

Seriously, don't do anything stupid. You can get clear skin, there is other stuff out there than BP and acne isn't forever anyway, you will probably grow out of it soon.

Guest WhiteWater
I believe this is the only place were people understand how hell might feel. I have it worse, but you might just know a little bit how it feels.

I was the popular guy in Year 7, (11yo). I made many new friends in my new school, quickly became the "top" person and got a girlfriend. I was very happy with my life and I made people laugh with my humour. I had a wonderful time and always accepted invites for fun.

Then came year 8 (12yo), and my first signs of acne. At first I didnt think much of it at all, never bothered me, untill one person said "Your pretty spotty arnt you!. That day I looked in the mirror and I thought "Yer, I am". Ever since that day, I hid my face from people. I was still rather popular, but my feelings were in a right state.

Then Year 8 passed, then year 9, with acne having an extremely terrible teenager time. Even my humour no longer got me a girlfriend.

I my parents found out about BP, and they gave me some from the doctors. It cleared me up in a few months, and you wouldnt believe how many popularity shot back up the following week. I was having the best time of my life (I was 14 or 15). I loved it. I was clear, I stopped using BP 10% and about 6 months later, they came back.

This time I was really paranoid, no way did I want to go through all that pain again. So I found upon this site, and littery LATHERED my face with BP 10% for months and months and months.

As each day went by, I had to stop using products trying to find a calmer one because of the sheer dryness. I got very oily and flakey skin along the way also.

Come to this day, about 8 months ago I stopped using BP for good. Now my face cant even stand the weather with out getting dry and oily etc. This has been going on for 2 years now, were I am red, oily and dry, very unnatractive.

I've tried everything, now I really need expert help. I am lost on what to do. I cant live like this any longer, I'm sorry.

Guest WhiteWater
A phychiatrist doesnt get rid of my skin problems.

Hi Stocko hon,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it. We've all been negatively affected by acne at some point in our lives, that's why we are all here. But please do not harm yourself.

I know you've been a member here for some time, and I myself have tried to help you.

If BP has worked for you in the past, then maybe give Dan's regimen another try.

I know you mentioned in your post that you slathered 10%bp all over your face and then got sensitive and dry. Yep, 10% will do that to you. It's just too strong.

We're all here for you and will do our best to support and help you, Stocko, if you want our help.

I would suggest you talk to your parents about seeing a dermatologist though, as I know you have really struggled with your skin for several years now. And please let your parents know how this is negatively affecting your social life and self worth, there is help out there but sometimes you have to let your loved one's know how much you need it.

Hang in there.

((hugs))

I did, they gave me this wax to sooth on my face. It's terrible. Doctors have no idea. I've tried everything.

Since last month I drink the products that I wasted money on. I've drank a tub of dans BP hoping it would do something but it never. I still have 3 left.

I also ate my doctors Wax cream. To you it might seem horrible, but you have no idea what I'm feeling like.

It's ruined my life too. I'm 20 years old and have been dealing with it for seven years now. It really sucks, but I noticed in that pic you posted that your skin doesn't look bad at all. School sucks though, I hated every day of it.

I have no idea what people see in life. All I see is how painful it is to live, is this it?

I did, they gave me this wax to sooth on my face. It's terrible. Doctors have no idea. I've tried everything.

Since last month I drink the products that I wasted money on. I've drank a tub of dans BP hoping it would do something but it never. I still have 3 left.

I also ate my doctors Wax cream. To you it might seem horrible, but you have no idea what I'm feeling like.

Oh Stocko, Please don't eat your medications.

Click this thread and please take the first step to getting some help.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=16184

I do not know how much research you have done on diet but if diet does affect your acne then I can 99% guarantee that going on an all raw food diet will clear your skin. For me, it was the only thing that worked. It will also help your overall health as well. Please give it a try for a week and see if it makes a difference!!! I really think it will help you.

Come to this day, at 17. About 8 months ago I stopped using BP for good. Now my face cant even stand the weather with out getting dry and oily etc. This has been going on for 2 years now, were I am red, oily and dry, very unnatractive.

I know acne affects self-esteem so much.

But I can't say that I was perfect before I broke out the worst either.

I went to a school with annoying people and I felt left out cause everyone suddenly got ''cool'', so I changed school and in that school I started to break out and it wasn't so severe to begin with. I had a friend who would always count my pimpels and it wasn't even so severe to begin with. I was even prettier then her so it was so annoying to see her feel better. But I was sort of popular and everyone thought I had a nice ethnic look with good facial feautres sort of like Jessica Simpsson. My classmate told me that I could get medication, to me it sounded so weird cause it wasn't even so severe and when I tried to get diane they were like go to a derm and when I went there they said that my acne wasn't so severe and that a little bit of soap would do.

So I kind of lost my hope and believed the myth that it will go away with age and that I was dirty and developed intio a perfectionist. Got a little sick too, started to compare myself with people even got jelaous at uglier and fatter people. Got jelaous at my mum too even though everyone sais I'm prettier then her. Now I know they did all they could and that people are very prejudiced towards acne and that I won't do the same mistake with my kids. If I hadn't seeked for help it would have been worse so I have at least tried and I know that I will never be the same girl again.

It's tragic but sometimes you just have to accept the changes stop looking back even though it's tempting and do the best out of the situation. What's happened has happened. If people think I'm weird then they probably didn't love me enough in the first place to accept me for who I am. They were probably only shallow and then I don't even want their love. The love of my family and the closest is enough.

I know that there isn't much that anyone can say that will change the way you are feeling. I also realize that nothing I say will give u clear skin. I am 27 and am still working on clearing my acne. I have a 9yr old son, and he has already developed a cyst on his ear. He is not even a teen yet and I already see black heads on his nose. I hate that he has taken the worst part of me (my cystic acne), and I am prepared to do whatever it takes to prevent him from going through what I went through. However, parents do not always understand. If your parents suffered with acne in their teens, chances are they have forgotten the affects it had on their lives. Make them listen. Show them what you have been doing to help ease the pain. If they wont listen find anyone that will. We all understand you on this board. We have all been there and know how it feels to hate ourselves and our skin. Please take advantage of all the resources you have available. If ever you need to talk please feel free to send me a message. I hope this has helped...even a little.

Popularity stops after you're done school, after that...no one gives a shit. Keep your head high, you've got no reason to impress strangers.

sounds like you've got some issues. i dont think ur acne is bad as it looks, and wow a gf at age 11? lol

1 more thing, dermatologists are worth less than a pile of shit(in my area anyway), except prescribing accutane, which is 50/50 i hear from people. Also use a gentle cleanser and try gently exfoliating the right way, i think u prolly have clogged pores

hey man i know how your feeling right now, if it was for me i would stay home for the 6 months i have left to finish accutane, and right now i feel sooooooooooo depressed, but i know for sure its not tane related, its because i have so many pimples but i have to be patient and wait, but some times i think is this the end? i hope not...

You know...I've gotten to that point in my life where I really want to just give up. I have contemplated many ways where I could hurt myself, but when it comes to actually doing it, there's no way. I just think to myself "What the hell am I doing? I'm young, I have a whole life a head of me, I have the most awesomest family and friends, I have potential...I want to live."It's easier said than done to adopt this attitude, but don't just think of yourself. Think of those around you. How much will it damage their lives?? Seriously, where there is a will, there is a way. Don't let acne defeat you, you can pull through. Never give up, because if you do, you know that evil has truimphed over good. And that's the last thing you ever want to see happening. Take care.