Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abner12

Starting Log Day 55 Male

Day 74:

Woke up at like 9 am with a bloody nose, but I had just started taking new allergy pills last night, which by the way didn't help my allergies when golfing today. 2 more clogged pores became inflamed on my forehead overnight. I'm happy to see this though because even with them inflamed, my forehead looks slightly better and will continue to improve once this breakout calms down. Hmm. Decent day overall I would say. I just feel happier all around accutane, knowing this could very well clear me up.

Day 75 & 76:

Tiny spot on my left cheek... small and not a big deal to me. I knew it was coming for a while anyway. The spots on my forehead have all died down and the marks are fading.

Day 79 & 80:

Had a spot come up on my right cheek. It appears to be going away quickly and wasn't too big to start off with. I think this was the first inflamed spot i've gotten that didn't start with a clogged pore. Forehead is looking much much better now after that breakout. Still have a few clogged pores up there, but it definately doesnt seem as bad as before. I've been noticing a trend with my clogged pores. They are slowly coming out one by one. Most go fairly peacefully after getting slightly red, and few get inflamed which is pretty nice.

My left sideburn area only has 2 clogged pores left, and started with about 10-15. It's strange, i've gotten a few(4) clogged pores on my nose since being on accutane. I didn't think it was possible to get them on my nose, but I guess so. They also seem to be slowly rising to the surface.

Accutane is a lot more gradual than I expected, but with the side effects i've experienced, hell yes i'd do it all over again. I've missed out on too much life because of acne. Blowing off my friends has always sucked.

-- Reminder to me, May 14th is day 81... i've been posting these so late at night it's confusing me on my days.

Days 81 & 82:

No new inflamed spots... it appears there are a few more clogged pores that are on the edge of coming out and don't seem like the kinds that will get inflamed during the process. I'll add a side effect today though, i've noticed if I bend over it feels as if my back is real stiff and hurts some to straighten out. Not a big deal for me.

Day 83:

Decided to post my update earlier in the day today so the date on the forums matches my actual days.

One word basically describes my forehead today: Blah. These clogged pores are so lame. Most had disappeared and then I wake up this morning and a ton more are there. My cheeks seem to be looking better and better each day and the few clogged pores on my cheeks are going 1 by 1. My left and right sideburns are 99% better than when I started accutane.

But wow, my forehead is getting me down a ton. It's just not improving yet. I just want to get a haircut, but I can't because i'll be too embarrassed about my forehead. Maybe it's this aveeno ultra calming moisturizer that's clogging the pores on my forehead? If so, then why arent the pores on my cheeks getting clogged? I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to this next wednesday when my next dermatologist appointment is. I want to see what he says about my forehead. I'm probably just over-exaggerating right now and am really hoping to see some great improvements soon, now that I'm almost 3 full months into my treatment.

Day 84:

Two tiny spots came up around my right sideburns, i'm sure they'll be gone when i wake up tomorrow. My forehead is looking a tad better today and not so worrysome, although it still has a ways to go. One spot came up on my left jaw line... maybe just be from dryness and irritation from shaving and thankfully isnt a painful, nor huge spot. 3 clogged pores came out today on my cheeks, 3 on my forehead. Sounds like a lot came out, but it's not after counting the clogged pores on my face. It's hard to tell if I get new clogged pores... i might get some now and then still.

Day 91:

I almost don't like posting logs... it makes me look and examine my face more often. Anyway, I went to the derm yesterday and he said my labs were perfect, although when looking at them myself I noticed my triglycerides were 150/152 which kind of scared me, but at the same time I forgot about the no food after midnight rule and ate at like 5 am and got my blood taken at about 10:30 am.

Anyways onto my face. My derm said my acne is looking much better, but I might have to have manual extractions for the clogged pores after accutane which was kind of a downer for me. I was expecting "Don't worry, accutane will clear it up soon."

Anyways, I know my face slightly better than he does and know what's been going on every day so I will give my opinions. My clogged pores have been coming out lately, but they have been getting inflamed. If I pick at it, the clogged part usually comes right out and the blemish doesn't look inflamed within the next 2 hours, which is nice. It does leave a slight red mark but they go away within a week or so. Well during the daytime after I had seen my derm, about 6 or 7 got inflamed on my left cheek fairly close to eachother. Out they came easily, although since they were so close to eachother they left a larger mark than the other ones. I feel as if I don't scar from my picking as I'm fairly gentle and my skin seems good at recovering. My forehead also is looking better each day thankfully.

I was down about the mark the 6 or 7 inflamed clogged pores left, but at the same time i'm happier they are gone. I'll probably still have 3 or 4 on each cheek now, and am quite happy about that. The clogged pores between my eyebrows seem stubborn, although I notice they have been getting slightly larger as if they'll be going soon.

Conclusion: things are looking a little brighter for me and I might even get a haircut next week! Although my mom does like my longer hair...

Day 101(not counting June 4th yet)

Hm, nothing really new. Less clogged pores on forehead and it appears there are less on my cheeks. I picked up some jojoba oil and have been mixing that in with my moisturizer. It seems to be working well, although I've only had it for like 5 days. There have been like 4 or 5 weird looking white "inflamed" spots coming up on my left cheek. They don't look like clogged pores and don't hurt, but they are like skin colored inflamed spots. Either way these spots aren't that big or noticeable.

I'm tempted to use melanotan since I'm becoming so white, but I guess i'll ask my dermotologist before I do. It's not like i'd be in the sun much more, and it prevents burning... I just want to make sure there wouldn't be a reaction. I haven't burned yet on accutane and have been outside for 3 hours at a time during 85 degree and sunny days.

I think i'm still get some clogged pores here and there, but it's hard to tell. They might have been deep in the skin and brought out.

Day 104:

You know... i think I MIGHT be seeing improvements. Knock on wood. I still have like 7 or 8 clogged pores on my forehead(including between the eyebrows), but I would say at one time I might have had 30-40. I've got a few clogged pores on my left cheek and maybe one on my right. No clogged pores near my left or right side burns. Maybe 6 or so on my chin, although 3 have come out within the last week. Nothing is inflamed anywhere... although the only reason I ever got inflamed spots was from clogged pores.

I golfed today for a couple of hours and was red for an hour or two after I get home, but that went away. I'm calling the dermatologist tomorrow to see if I can take "melanotan." Here's hoping to that.

Day 110 (June 14th is day 111):

So... not much to report. My right side is looking pretty darn spectacular, although that side has always been the best. Maybe 1 clogged pored on my right cheek... if that.

My nose has like 5 or 6 clogged pores.. i'm guessing they'll have to be manually extracted.

My left cheek has about 5 clogged pores, no inflamed stuff and the red marks are sloooowly fading.

The forehead... hmmph. Well, i have maximum of 5 clogged pores across the entire forehead, but lots of marks. Got an inflamed spot up there about 3 days ago, thats going away. Also got a hive like thing today on the left side of my forehead... it should heal quickly and not leave much of a red mark.

My friend said he's never seen my hair so long and shaggy... I hope to get it cut this week, although the red marks scare me. I'll probably put up some pictures tomorrow when I don't have moisturizer on. I dont know why, but moisturizer always makes my face look worse, either redder, oilier, or brings out the marks.

Well, sounds like you're slowly getting there... clear skin is on it's way!!...

I feel the same way about moisturizer. It usually makes things look worse when I apply it. But near the end of the day, it looks better. If I don't moisturize, at the end of the day, my skin is all flakey and gross though.

Anyway, all the best!

Day 115 (June 19th = Day 116)

Nothing really new has happened... still hoping those clogged pores go soon. Anyways, i'm going to keep this short and just post some pictures. I don't really have anything inflamed... just waiting for the clogged pores to go. Before accutane about once every week i'd get a large pimple from my clogged pores... but that doesn't happen anymore. My forehead might have gotten a little scarred from acne... but i had some minor scars from the Chicken pox as a kid.

Forehead:

Forehead

Left Cheek:

Left Cheek

Left Cheek Closer(there are some white fuzzy things in the picture... my camera lense is dirty):

Left Cheek Closer

Right side of chin(left side looks like a replica of right side):

Right Side of Chin

Edit: Tomorrow I'll try to get some pictures up of where I was at like 2 months before accutane.

I have like 6 more days of accutane. Recently i've been getting more dryness than i've had my entire course, which wasn't much.

Accutane failed with my clogged pores.

Accutane succeeded with the inflamed stuff.

Not really a whole lot else to say. Maybe i'll get lucky and they'll clear in the 2 months or so that accutane is still in my body. Right now i'm looking into what I can do about these clogged pores. I might get them extracted for try Green cream. I'd prefer not to use tazorac as that is really what got my face into trouble in the first place and is when I first began to notice clogged pores.

I have probably 7 or 8 closed comedones on my nose along with 2 open comedones. 6 or 7 of them on my chin like normal, and it looks like there are some new ones forming between my eyebrows... which has been a common theme for the past few months. Also got a couple on each cheek.

My face does look much better than when I started accutane, but it's a bummer when on these forums people are saying "Accutane" WILL work for clogged pores. I guess it's true though as some pointed out in articles, it doesn't clear pores quite as easily for everyone.

I don't know if I'll post in my log anymore. Maybe if I find a fix for my clogged pores, otherwise probably not.