Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joylovepeace

Anyone tried spot treating pits with other types of acids??

joylovepeace,

Every acid has its unique properties and (IMO) you may find another one that works, but why chance it when TCA is proven?

Good Luck!

Anna

Guest Scorpioness

I tried it with salicylic acid (80%). I didn't notice any improvement in the scars.

Unless you have extra sensitive skin, aha's aren't going to penetrate the dermis. TCA DOES penetrate the dermis.

I've been doing peels for many years now and never had improvement with them UNLESS combining them with copper peptides. However, that isa slow process compared to tca cross.

It's pretty safe for people to do on their own as it's relatively simple. All you need is a toothpick. When I did my cross last time, it was no big deal. All I looked like was that I had some freckles. You really couldn't tell I had tiny scabs on my face.

It really is no big deal if you use a toothpick. The biggest hazard would come from you spilling it or something, not on the actual dipping the toothpick into the tca and putting it into your pit.

Heck, if you want, you can always start out with 25% and work your way up. Don't know what kind of improvement you will get, but if you're that squeamish, that's what you can do.

I had the idea of trying liquid tretinoin (Retin-A). It only comes in .05% strength, but because it is a liquid, it's very potent and irritating, so very few people can tolerate it on their skin. So, maybe you could get a prescription for it and try spot treating with a toothpick.

It wouldn't be anything as intense as TCA, but it just might work on a gradual basis...

:-k

You guys have definitely made me feel a LITTLE more brave. It's a terrible thing to go through the days hating your skin so much you want to rip it off but then feeling too afraid to do anything about it. What a roller coaster ride.

Imdue-

I guess when you said that TCA was used for a reason you would mean the reason being that it penitrates deepest?

Denise-

I am wanting to treat hundreds of tiny pits (cover most of my forhead temples and chin) that are close together I am afraid that even if I treat them individually (ie wait until one pit heals before I do another pit close by) that they might end up falling into each other because of the weakened skin structure. Does this make sense? I mean doesnt such a high percentage of tca weaken and thin the skin no matter how small the area?

And can you tell me what your typical peels and copper regimine would be (one day topical acid then one day copper peptides?) or are you talking about strong occasional peels followed by copper peptides?

Anna-

Do you know where I could find info on the different acid and their unique properties? All I know is that the beta acids penetrate oil and thus deeper in the skin.

Thanks all!

joylovepeace: I have the same problem that you do in that I had LOTS of enlarged/scarred pores on my forehead and on my cheeks as well.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about weakening your skin structure. That's not really a valid concern as we all know that even if you go outside the border of the scar, within a few months, it will look better. But, you really should apply Skin Biology copper peptides in order to help it heal better, and for the collagen to fill in. (Please do a search at the top of the board and look for copper peptide thread if you don't know what they are or what they do).

You could also get the PureDeming Gel with ALA/DMAE combination, which helps improve pores immeasurably. The PureDeming Gel could be combined with the TCA complex. Both of these helps shrink pores incredibly!!! I have done lots of stuff to my face, and imho, these two are fantastic. If you get the TCA complex, I would recommend the crystals also. I have had microderm done in a plastic surgeon's office, and imho, one treatment of these products is better than one microderm, which used to cost me 75 bucks a pop. These treatments should last one year at least.

If you are that nervous but you want to change the appearance of your pores, you can always use these two products. It really is up to you. No one can choose for you. You should read the threads about both of these products and educate yourself. It's best to go the least invasive and work your way up. You can always start with these two products, give them 90 days of CONSISTANT use, then if you want to, you can then switch over to the tca spot treatment.

Just thought i'd bump up this old thread as a few people have been asking about scarred pores recently. Does anyone still use PureDeming gell, what does it contain?

Denise, did it just take one go with TCA cross for each pore to make it disappear?

I do, I love the way it makes my skin look and feel the following day. I have been using it on and off for a long time and while it will not change a scar, it does make my skin look plumper and more even toned. Below is the version I use. You can check out their webpage Here.

Ingredients in the Intense Gel R-ALA

Is packed with Natural Vitamin E Oil, Certified Organic Jojoba, Deionized Water, Natural Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA), DMAE, Vitamin C, Pomegranate Extract, Green Tea Extract, Cranberry Extract, Helichrysum, Farnesol, Pure Essential & Fragrance Oils, Optiphen Plus [a paraben-free preservative].