Notifications
Clear all

Can we use press powder or loose powder before go to bed?

MemberMember
(@meuy222640)

Posted : 04/16/2007 9:30 am

Hi, I just have this thought yesterday, I wonder if we can use like mineral press powder or at least just loose powder before go to bed because my skin whenever It does not cover at all It looks oily,terrible I am afarid that if I put any loose/press powder in the night will it ruins my skin? Maybe mineral powder is ok? what do you guys think? Any suggestions,brands???

Thanks

MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 04/16/2007 9:36 am

eehhh, no! NO NO NO NO! DO NOT SLEEP IN ANY MAKEUP, MINERAL OR NOT!!! All it does it get crammed into your skin and break you out.

MemberMember
(@meuy222640)

Posted : 04/16/2007 9:42 am

Hi sephora! i find a powder by Ettusais brand It said that we can put Night Amulet powder to block the moisturizer that we apply before go to bed, I don't know how it works.. Maybe I will try..... Thanks for your advices... I just hope that maybe we can find a powder that we can put on face, Anyway, what about pressed powder baby medicated by shishedo ?? I got from Japan last year but I'have never tried to use at night LOL.. still scared!

MemberMember
(@jewel_001)

Posted : 04/16/2007 10:51 am

with my ex i slept in both normal make up and mineral make up and themineral make up didn't break me out like the normal did...i still broke out a little but think i would have anyway i had mild active acne at the time. None is better but if you have to just a bit of loose mineral powder would be safest. Or keep some oil absorbing sheets handy in your bedside drawer?

x

MemberMember
(@bittermp)

Posted : 04/16/2007 11:00 am

maybe you can try a tinted moisturizer instead.

MemberMember
(@lainey321)

Posted : 04/16/2007 11:11 am

Turn the lights down and go without make-up. He loves you he is not going to be repulsed by your skin 😉

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/16/2007 11:24 am

I wouldn't sleep with makeup or powder on.

If you have some particularly noticeable pimples or blemishes, maybe consider a tinted spot treatment or something. But otherwise, it's dark at night and I personally just don't worry about it. My skin is challenging enough without making it worse by wearing makeup or powder 24/7.

MemberMember
(@femme25)

Posted : 04/16/2007 11:32 am

wearing makeup to bed ages your skin faster...

if he loves you he wont be repulsed by your skin, just think of it in reverse: would you stop loving him if you discovered he had worse acne than originally thought? no...of course not.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 04/16/2007 1:54 pm

When I've stayed over night at a friend's house & didn't want to be seen without makeup on, I used a little MMU just over the active acne I had at the time.

What you could do is start with a little cover up of some kind & then slowly use less & less over time until you use none at all. That way you ease yourself into being seen without makeup & it won't be a sudden shock for him either.

But yes, ultimately it is much better to not sleep with any makeup on.

MemberMember
(@kaylibabihotmail-co-uk)

Posted : 04/17/2007 11:40 am

Babe, if he loves you he will see through the acne.

I slept in make up once, and have regreted it for years! I will never do it again. It made me breakout everywhere! Not wise!

MemberMember
(@saz)

Posted : 04/17/2007 8:53 pm

I received a free sample of Rare Minerals. It is made for night-time use, and it does provide some coverage. You might want to see if you can find a sample (like from Sephora, maybe.)

MemberMember
(@carlo23)

Posted : 05/22/2019 7:29 am

Can i use talc-free baby powder before I go to sleep?