Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im taking b complex with pantothenic acid/b5 but ive heard on here that taking biotin or b complex with biotin is bad for acne and kinda defeats the pupose of b5. but then i found something about biotin here and am now im confused :think:http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=n...ent&dbid=42

my b complex only contains 50micrograms/33% RDA, anybody know if that would break me out??

should i get b complex with no biotin or is it just excess amounts that is bad??

help please!!

You can megadose on biotin if you want. It's like any other B vitamin. Biotin is one of the best in terms of promoting overall health. If you are megadosing on B5, the small amount of biotin you are taking with that complex is not going to do anything.

Where are you guys reading that Biotin can cause acne? I have never heard of that. Biotin is used to alleviate eczema and dermatitis. I highly doubt you will be able to find a B Complex w/o Biotin. ALL B vitmains need each other in order to work properly. By the way, did you know that eggs have a high amount of Biotin in them as well as milk and peanut butter. If you are eating those foods, you are getting Biotin.

Where are you guys reading that Biotin can cause acne? I have never heard of that. Biotin is used to alleviate eczema and dermatitis. I highly doubt you will be able to find a B Complex w/o Biotin. ALL B vitmains need each other in order to work properly. By the way, did you know that eggs have a high amount of Biotin in them as well as milk and peanut butter. If you are eating those foods, you are getting Biotin.

Molly, can you see if you can find the thread you read about it? I really want to see what the argument for this is? I imagine someone took Biotin for 3 days, got a couple zits and blamed the Biotin. I see alot of that on here. Dont believe everything you read hun. Research it on the net and then make an informed decision. Biotin may have caused someone acne if they had an allergic reaction or some such thing but IMO it is totally safe for the the average acne sufferer to take. Lorrie

There are 2 trains of thought on Biotin, one is that it actually helps prevent sebum production along with B5 (but B5 is a much larger influence), however a few people (including myself), found that when introducing Biotin into a regimen that stopped oil production (in my case Accutane at the time, but now I use B5), it stopped the meds having as much effect and oil production returned. When I stopped the biotin the oil production stopped. However there was a study with B5 suggesting it should actually help prevent it. I'd say try it for a week or two with then without and then see.

Yea I read it on here too, that some people while taking B5 broke out while taking a B complex. And some other people concluded that it was the Biotin.

I'm a bit skeptical on this.

Yea I read it on here too, that some people while taking B5 broke out while taking a B complex. And some other people concluded that it was the Biotin.

I'm a bit skeptical on this.

I asked Vitacure about this and they said...

"We do not believe this to be true. To avoid biotin,

you would need to purchase all the other B vitamins

separately."