Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LindsE

New here...need lots of help with blackheads

Hi all, i am new here but i have struggled with very oily skin my whole life (probably since i was about 9 or 10...i am not 24). While i only have acne breakouts only a couple times a month, i have a ton of blackheads all over my face and very large pores. The blackheads come out easily when i squeeze them but they come back right away.

Another problem that i have is very rough skin. While my skin may be oily, when i sweep my hand over my face it often times feels very rough, like i have a huge build up of dead skin on it. In addition to this, i also feel like my skin looks really dull and gross. It has been getting a bit better now that i have been using BHA but i was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is happening? Is it really just a build-up of dead skin? Even though i am religious about using an exfoliant such as BHA it always seems to come back within the day...why is this?

I have tried everything and while i have noticed some slight improvements i really wish that the blackheads would just dissapear.

The regmine i am doing right now is:

Morning:

-Wash face with a Vichy foaming face wash (although starting today i will be using RoC Purif-AC cleanser...will let you all know how it goes)

-Philosiphy Present primer (it is supposed to matify your face throughout the day plus it gives you more of an even velvety look when you put on makeup so that your makeup does not accentuate your pores...only been using for a week but seems to be working).

-Makeup time (I am using MAC right now, either the select tints for minimal coverage or their liquin mineral makeup for a bit more coverage, but still quite light).

Nightime:

- Wash face again w/ same facial cleanser

- Use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel

3 times a week i will use Paula's Choice Charcole Mask and i will also use a neostrata microderm at home kit 3 times a week. I was using a microderm kit by neostrata that had abrasive crystals in it but i was recently told to switch to the 10% glycolic peel for oily acne prone skin so i will see how it goes with that.

Is there anything that i am doing wrong or not doing that i should be? Any additional advice for me as to how to make my skin look a bit better?

Thanks everyone!

How long have you been doing your current regimen with the BHA?

Hi all, i am new here but i have struggled with very oily skin my whole life (probably since i was about 9 or 10...i am not 24). While i only have acne breakouts only a couple times a month, i have a ton of blackheads all over my face and very large pores. The blackheads come out easily when i squeeze them but they come back right away.

Another problem that i have is very rough skin. While my skin may be oily, when i sweep my hand over my face it often times feels very rough, like i have a huge build up of dead skin on it. In addition to this, i also feel like my skin looks really dull and gross. It has been getting a bit better now that i have been using BHA but i was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is happening? Is it really just a build-up of dead skin? Even though i am religious about using an exfoliant such as BHA it always seems to come back within the day...why is this?

I have tried everything and while i have noticed some slight improvements i really wish that the blackheads would just dissapear.

The regmine i am doing right now is:

Morning:

-Wash face with a Vichy foaming face wash (although starting today i will be using RoC Purif-AC cleanser...will let you all know how it goes)

-Philosiphy Present primer (it is supposed to matify your face throughout the day plus it gives you more of an even velvety look when you put on makeup so that your makeup does not accentuate your pores...only been using for a week but seems to be working).

-Makeup time (I am using MAC right now, either the select tints for minimal coverage or their liquin mineral makeup for a bit more coverage, but still quite light).

Nightime:

- Wash face again w/ same facial cleanser

- Use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel

3 times a week i will use Paula's Choice Charcole Mask and i will also use a neostrata microderm at home kit 3 times a week. I was using a microderm kit by neostrata that had abrasive crystals in it but i was recently told to switch to the 10% glycolic peel for oily acne prone skin so i will see how it goes with that.

Is there anything that i am doing wrong or not doing that i should be? Any additional advice for me as to how to make my skin look a bit better?

Thanks everyone!

stick with the BHA it will yeild the results you want. if you're not already move on to Paulas Choice 2% BHA gel or lotion(i personally recommend gel).

my skin was also markedly oily and coarse to the touch for a decade, i rectified this recently by using PC 2% gel and WOOD GLUE. if your blackheads are pushing to the surface then nothing unblocks pores like wood glue. everyone thinks its a fucking joke and won't even try it, they just cast it aside and move onwards... trust me on this one, its incredible - see the wood glue thread[i will only write it this once]

good luck.

stick with the BHA it will yeild the results you want. if you're not already move on to Paulas Choice 2% BHA gel or lotion(i personally recommend gel).

my skin was also markedly oily and coarse to the touch for a decade, i rectified this recently by using PC 2% gel and WOOD GLUE. if your blackheads are pushing to the surface then nothing unblocks pores like wood glue. everyone thinks its a fucking joke and won't even try it, they just cast it aside and move onwards... trust me on this one, its incredible - see the wood glue thread

good luck.

You know...i actually have some wood glue sitting in my cupboard right now...i am going to have to check this out!

I have been using the 2% BHA gel now for about 2 months...it have noticed a difference so maybe i am wanting it to work miracles when it really can't...

my skin was also markedly oily and coarse to the touch for a decade, i rectified this recently by using PC 2% gel and WOOD GLUE. if your blackheads are pushing to the surface then nothing unblocks pores like wood glue. everyone thinks its a fucking joke and won't even try it, they just cast it aside and move onwards... trust me on this one, its incredible - see the wood glue thread

good luck.

You know...i actually have some wood glue sitting in my cupboard right now...i am going to have to check this out!

I have been using the 2% BHA gel now for about 2 months...it have noticed a difference so maybe i am wanting it to work miracles when it really can't...

the PC BHA gel seemed to dry and harden my blackheads, then gradually pushed them to the surface. at this point my skin had never felt so coarse... but then how to get these clogs of sebum out of the pore? up steps the wood glue! 5 mornings straight i used it and it drew out hundreds of blockages.

don't be shy with the amount you use, and be sure that it drys to clear; then carefully peel it off.

hope that helps.