Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the truth is though that the drug has the tendancy to increase pressure in the brain, along with damage other vital organs through the body. Its not like that pilll you digest is a jelly bean, it is more like a jelly bean stuffed with an overly significant amount of Vitamin A or whatever they use. It is scientific proof that it can cause psych problems...not everyone gets em, nor do they notice it right away. I never noticed it until later after my course. I do know that when I did over dose by accident that I did fall into a very deep depressive state and did ponder the notion of suicide. I know from first account, that it can cause a lot of harm. Some of you who are forunate who did not experience any adverse reaction to the drug are not aware of what it can do. So I understand why some of you disagree, and the others that totally flip out and take their time trying to make me feel so sad...well you are just pathetic. But anyway, accutane is dangerous and is proven to cause psych problems. Depression and psych issues can be caused by problematic points in life. yet this drug is proven to be a true cause of it. read about it.

ok, to start off, i'm not disagreeing with you that accutane may cause psych problems. but it hasen't been proven scientifically like you say it has.

well you can believe waht you want, but my family, friends, everyone who was around me when I was on accutane noticed the huge change in my character. I was a very dark and demented person when I went on it. It probobly was due to the fact that I possibly Overdosed on it, but it sitll did effect me mentally. I have no doubt that it did, and that it does. So again, we are all entitled to your opinions, and depression can be caused by other reasons. I am not seeking to blame people for the issues I have, I am saying that I am pretty sure it was the cause or insigated my psych problems. That is my true view on it.

i know, but that is your view (and i'm not saying you are wrong either), not scientific proof like you said in an earlier post.

I took Accutane for six months. At the time I weighed no more than 105lbs and my dose had been increased by 20mg every month...20mg, 40mg, 60mg, 80mg, 100mg....then in my final month 120mg.......my cumulative dosage was over 250mg/kg, and I was taking 2.5mg/kg/day during my last month.....

Yes this was prescribed by a dermatologist and I had my blood tested every month.....

During the last few months of my course I began to experience depression.....then in my final month I began experiencing psychosis......which almost landed my in a psych ward.....

Do I blame Accutane?

Not at all. I knew before taking Accutane that I had bipolar disorder and wasn't taking medication for it. I neglected to tell my derm, so I can't blame him or anyone else.......

I can't even say that it was Accutane caused it....I clearly had bipolar disorder before I took Accutane, which is a disorder that progressivly gets worse over time, more so without treatment......so it could have been the progression of the bipolar disorder and had nothing to do with the Accutane........

I experienced no side effects, not even the dry lips that plauge over 90% of Accutane patients......

I still expeirence depressive episodes, and occasionally still have suicidal ideation, although that was something that I delt with before I took Accutane.....I do not regret taking it at all. My skin is still totally clear. I can't say my life is perfect now, but at least I don't have acne to deal with......

Guest AcneProne_1977
Proof?

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index...Your_Experiance

How bout thousands among thousands of accounts of adverse reactions...lol...I can't understand why some you act so blind to it. Do you just not want to accept the fact that it is dangerous?

I think we all know and have accepted that it can be dangerous in certain instances, but some of have chosen that it is worth the risk to have clear/healthy skin and no scars later on in life.

Can YOU just accept the fact that everyone can make their own choice??

yes I CAN accept that...my intentions are only to warn people before then consider taking it. I will not stop feeling the way I do about that drug...we are all entitled to our opinion, but I believe my opinion is worth mentioning because a lot of people out there really dont consider the true dangers of the drug. I wish I had learned this earlier. I honestly would much rather have acne than the condition i am in.

and plenty of peoples lives are ruined by car crashes too, yet everyone still drives. it's a trade off, risk/reward.

the thing is if some of you really read some of the stories from people, your observations would change. And car crashes, death, disease is always a possibility, this is something that can be avoided. and should be at all costs. SOME OF YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU SCREW YOURSELVES EVEN MORE.

Why dont you just skim through the posts...I am done trying to convince u guys of this. THIS IS TRUE EVIDENCE. FUCKING READ IT AND GAIN SOME SENSE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

well if u did read them, then I have no idea why you would respond as you did. maybe you are in denial, or cannot accept it. All I am saying is that you are very fortunate that you have yet to notice any adverse effects...but if you did in fact read the posts...which there are many more than just that first page...you will learn more disconcerning truth about this miracle drug. My only intentions are warn others. If it scares them, well I see myself as doing a favor.

because, like i said before risk/reward. i could read stories of excruciation car crashes, and i would still drive there are a hand full of people on that website, and millions of people who have benefited from accutane.

GRRRRRR!!! Everybody knows thart Accutane can have adverse effects, BUT not everybody has problems with it. I truly sympathizen with the people who have had adverse effects from TANE, but many many more that haven't had problems. Eating fast food will destroy your health in the long run, but millions of people eat it reguarly. I have known people who have literally almost lost their lives during child birth, but people still have babies. Everything in this world has risk., its sad, its scary, but it is true.................... :wall:

Proactive is and effing joke! It might temporarly controlacne,but it does not cure it. People should educate themselves before taking tane, then we dn't have tolisten to all this. I know there is a small chance of horrible side effects, but all I can do is hope and pray that I am not one of those few to experience them.

seriously dude - you are trying to hard.

We appreciate the concern, really we do. But don't be so dam hostile towards us when you try and tell us "the facts of accutane"

Its a drug. We get it. It can mess you up. We understand. But so can acne. Have you ever stopped to think that every drug for every condition, has the possibility of very serious long term effects? Look I'm sorry if you had a bad experience on accutance, really I am. I would never want anyone to take a medication not knowing what could potentially happen to them. But do you have any idea how many people bent everything on this medication? How many people spent thousands of dollars on prescription and over the counter medications for a number of years just so that they could look in the mirror and not hate what they saw? Do you have any idea, how many times we have kept ourselves in check, choose not to socialize, and prod over ourselves in the mirror? To alot of people, accutane is the only hope they have left. Yes it can potentially impair your life with side effects; but dont you think that acne can impair your life too? Its good to try and help people, but dont put into motion the notion that this is a drug which can not help people and is hell bent on destroying lives.

Just think about it.

look at all the medical evidence in those rantings! oh wait.... there is none! Just a bunch of people blaming their (unrelated) life problems on tane.

thanks for another great troll post. :naughty:

Are you still on this forum???

Your post from Saturday "apologies" said you regret posting such negative and nasty posts about Accutane and that you were leaving this forum????? You really need to move on with your life and quit dwelling and blaming... Quit bashing Accutane OVER and OVER. We all heard you. You took Accutane three or four times didn't notice some of the harsher side effects (ie. flushing) which you could have mentioned to your Derm. and therefore he could have lowered your dosage/stopped treatment. Taking too high Accutane for your skintype and/or body weight can cause more side effects. Also, you took 2nd and 3rd courses too, which doesn't make sense?? Hmmm.... But that's hindsight and all you can do now is get on track and help yourself. You've asked for advice (you posted several "help me" posts in the Rosacea section) on what to do for post Tane flushing/redness and many of us have provided you numerous treatments that could benefit you. Your redness is mild and your skin is very clear - many would love to have your skin. It's not as bad as you story tells. Take it from a person who has Rosacea and who's on low dose Accutane for mild acne.

By the way, I Love Accutane! Clear skin and no acne since month 2. Less inflammation in my face and NO flushing or burning. By the way, there are many posts here with "successes" and also if you go to "Treatments - Prescription medications" you will see poll-results of those that have taken Accutane/Isotretinoin. Let folks read up and decide for themselves.

We know the risks. And speaking for myself, I have been so depressed for so long (suicidal thoughts at times) that I'm willing to take the risk of "ruining" my life, to get my life back! You're operating under the assumption that we would want to continue to live with the quality of life we have now. It sounds like your anger comes from your own past ignorance and mistakes and I suggest you deal with that yourslef and don't displace it on others.