Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Accutane gave me my entire life back and all i had to do was put chapstick on more then usual. Obviously you had a bad experience with it, but your not everyone, your comment is one of the most selfish i have ever seen, you talk down accutane because you say its toxic and we arent meant to take it. What about benzoyl peroxide? Do you think we are meant to put a staining solution onto our bare face? It also enters the bloodstream. So before you talk accutane down do some searching on how it helped people other then act on your bad experience.

Touché.

I understand completely how you feel, but i don't go round makeing posts like this for the simple reason there is always people who will respond badly to a drug, we were unfortunate enough to be those people...I do think that more research should be done into some of the side effects accutane can cause, i think it can effect the body in any way imaginable and for that reason i think it should be reserved for life crippling acne that is causing serious scarring and doesn't respond to other treatments e.g. what it was originally designed for...

If you're not desperate enough to accept the risk, then you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. It's as simple as that. Just because you weren't ready to accept the risks, doesn't mean people with worse acne than you aren't.

I hate how you blame everything on accutane. nothing is this life is certain, besides acutane, there are so many things that can happen to you, you might get killed by a car tomorrow (cliche, but true) stop blaming accutane so much, apparently you just have a lot of bad luck with your health. sorry that I'm so harsh but you piss me off.

I hate how you blame everything on accutane. nothing is this life is certain, besides acutane, there are so many things that can happen to you, you might get killed by a car tomorrow (cliche, but true) stop blaming accutane so much, apparently you just have a lot of bad luck with your health. sorry that I'm so harsh but you piss me off.

For real. And to the op seek out some therapy.

btw, it's been proved repeatedly that there is no direct link between accutane and depression/ suicidal ideation. those who experience severe acne + go on accutane have much higher odds of being depressed already, especially because they now have to "resort" to a drug as strong as accutane.

my own thoughts are also that there has to be a significant placebo effect because everyone for some reason thinks accutane causes depression. so if you feel a little down, you automatically assume it's due to the drug, then send yourself into a self-fulfilling prophecy of depression and anxiety.

i'm not going to say in the least that i represent any group of ppl, but i'm actually prone to boughts of minor depression, and since i've been on accutane (5 months now), i've only felt better and better b/c i've cleared. you would think i'd go into a nosedive of depression if i'm naturally prone to it. but everyone is different, that goes without saying.

I'm on my 5th day of accutane now, and quite frankly i've researched and considered all of the possible side effects. I'm an 18 year old at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, used to have so much fun, i was outgoing, loved being outside, mountain biking, whatever, and since my severe acne crept in a few months ago my whole lifestyle and personality has changed (not to mention the physical pain of it all). I truly believe this drug will turn my life around, at what i think is the most important social stage of anybody's life (college). I'm ready to face the risks.

You have the right to your opinion.

But don't be so rude. What you call toxic shit, others may consider a miracle drug. Be courteous of others.

The person is just stating his opinion geez. There have been reports that women who have had children long after their course of Accutane have had babies with birth defects so...should we still call it a miracle drug...I don't think so. There are better ways out there to cure acne than to take Accutane. I took the drug...still affecting my life today...but it didn't help my acne one little bit but going to an esthitician and using ProActiv did.

btw, it's been proved repeatedly that there is no direct link between accutane and depression/ suicidal ideation. those who experience severe acne + go on accutane have much higher odds of being depressed already, especially because they now have to "resort" to a drug as strong as accutane.

You are wrong man, it has been proven otherwise...Plus i have experienced it first hand and i was a perfectly stable person before accutane and my acne was worse...people are to narrow minded unless it happens to them...

Oh no it seems you've forgotten the other completely legal drug which is consumed by most all adults and teenagers in any social setting. The drug which is directly linked and the complete reason why nearly half a million people are injured annually in the United States alone and upwards of 17,000 die prematurely from either their usage or the usage by others.

Oh yeah alcohol sounds like a pretty harmless drug.

lol...okay, i forgot i posted this...well mentally im getting better through my own self relaxing mind, but I still stick to my feelings. Accutane is a terrible company, and even if you people who aren't dealing with these effects cant realize that, then u are dense. This world runs of complete greed, no care in the world. If these people really cared about us, and realized all the POTENTIAL damage that this drug can cause, then I think they would take it off. But no, why is ti still produced...well because it is the highest paid drug pharm. company...why doesn't the FDA ban it cause it DOES link to mental health problems, and other very dangerous and depressing problems...well the answer is money. For you saying you hate me and are sick of me, well I understand where ur coming from.. I prolly wouldn't wanna hear some kid bitching his heart out at a "medicine" that supposedly helps you in the short term. The truth is if you experienced this, you would be voicing your opinion as well. A few years ago my story adn feelings would be very different. Truth is I have no felt the destruction of this drug and feel like voicing my opinion caused i truley WANT to let people NOT to take this drug. BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORTH IT. the risk isn't, your body doesn't deserve it. And for all you people trying to say, why didn't I research and know about the side effects. PLEASE shut up...we all knew, its not like we all sat that and thought for many days and nights of the possibilities, we all chose the drug without real deep concentration, in order to achieve clear skin. We wanted what any acne sufferer desires. So dont try to wing it and blame me, and others at that, even if they may not bitch as much as me, for making such a decision and ending up like this. Again, your views would be entirely different if u were on the other side of the grass. so for all you trash talking hussies, shove it. I am done bitching. I will move along with it. But at days I feel liek venting, especially when depression does play with your head...

lol...okay, i forgot i posted this...well mentally im getting better through my own self relaxing mind, but I still stick to my feelings. Accutane is a terrible company, and even if you people who aren't dealing with these effects cant realize that, then u are dense. This world runs of complete greed, no care in the world. If these people really cared about us, and realized all the POTENTIAL damage that this drug can cause, then I think they would take it off. But no, why is ti still produced...well because it is the highest paid drug pharm. company...why doesn't the FDA ban it cause it DOES link to mental health problems, and other very dangerous and depressing problems...well the answer is money. For you saying you hate me and are sick of me, well I understand where ur coming from.. I prolly wouldn't wanna hear some kid bitching his heart out at a "medicine" that supposedly helps you in the short term. The truth is if you experienced this, you would be voicing your opinion as well. A few years ago my story adn feelings would be very different. Truth is I have no felt the destruction of this drug and feel like voicing my opinion caused i truley WANT to let people NOT to take this drug. BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORTH IT. the risk isn't, your body doesn't deserve it. And for all you people trying to say, why didn't I research and know about the side effects. PLEASE shut up...we all knew, its not like we all sat that and thought for many days and nights of the possibilities, we all chose the drug without real deep concentration, in order to achieve clear skin. We wanted what any acne sufferer desires. So dont try to wing it and blame me, and others at that, even if they may not bitch as much as me, for making such a decision and ending up like this. Again, your views would be entirely different if u were on the other side of the grass. so for all you trash talking hussies, shove it. I am done bitching. I will move along with it. But at days I feel liek venting, especially when depression does play with your head...

Okay, let me first off start by stating I am not trying to start any sort of drama here. Just voicing my opinion.

If I remember correctly, did I not read in one of your posts that you stated you had taken Accutane 3 or 4 times?? Then the pharmacy had given you the wrong dosage which had worsened your condition and had given you bad side effects. I'm no dr. but if anyone overdosed on a medication couldn't there be possible damaging side effects, weather it be an antibiotic, vitamins, etc.?

I understand that you are against it, but it seems like you had abused the drug. Or was not properly monitored while on it. And the pharmacy definitely made a HUGE mistake by giving you the wrong dosage. Which I would be more concerned about blaming the pharmacy or derm. for this. Obviously the drug was not taken correctly. Not only this, but if the drug didn't work the first 2 times, why wouldn't you stop and realize maybe this drug was not for you and that your body wasn't reacting like it should to it?! :think:

well. you obiouvsly had a bad experience. but it does state that mental problems can be a side effect (though rare) so Roche should not go to jail for that...they put it on the label....

I personally love it. I'm almost done with my full course! the months just flew by. third month my skin became perfectly clear!!! MY skin is soft and smooth and beautiful and I have had only minor side effects. I haven't had any mental side effects..

it just depends from one person to another, but accutane has helped so many people so it really shouldn't be banned.

He doesn't deserve an opinion because his opinions are wrong. He is stating facts that do not exist. There is no conclusive evidence to support that accutane causes depression. He is also generalizing that the side effects of accutane are the same for everyone. Lots of people have been helped by this drug and I think you are just trolling. You were warned about the risks before taking it, and you were supposed to have close contact with your dermatologist to prevent any harsh side-effects or stop the drug before they did permanent damage.

This forum is for factual information and anecdotal accounts, he is obviously trolling to annoy people.

Also, "jail roche": what are you, 12?

yea thats exactly what I am doing, "TROLLING TO ANNOY PEOPLE"...ah im done with this...i was just venting. yea it may be annoying, now reading my shit, I realize that I do sound very annoying. I am sorry. But I still know that I AM NOT posting lies, and i am justposting this to warn people.

I just want to appologize for angering people with my hateful posts about accutane. I never intended to make enemies, but it seems that I did. I dont have the energy nor patience to battle with some of you, cause I am not looking for a pointless forum fight. I just really wanted to voice my opinion, because I do truely still belive that accutane is a terrible drug. it can benefit, but it can cause a lot more harm than a lot of people may realize. I think yes that extended use was my fault. Taking it 3 times yea probobly was too much, but how was I to know. I didn't. I still dont know anyting about the drug, and neither do any of us. So I am done replying, posting, doing whatever. I guess I am done with this whole entire forum since I can't stand some people here. So good bye all of u and i wish u all the best with ur journey through life. Stay natural.

I just want to appologize for angering people with my hateful posts about accutane. I never intended to make enemies, but it seems that I did. I dont have the energy nor patience to battle with some of you, cause I am not looking for a pointless forum fight. I just really wanted to voice my opinion, because I do truely still belive that accutane is a terrible drug. it can benefit, but it can cause a lot more harm than a lot of people may realize. I think yes that extended use was my fault. Taking it 3 times yea probobly was too much, but how was I to know. I didn't. I still dont know anyting about the drug, and neither do any of us. So I am done replying, posting, doing whatever. I guess I am done with this whole entire forum since I can't stand some people here. So good bye all of u and i wish u all the best with ur journey through life. Stay natural.

I hate it too. The "enemies" doesn't know what is about when you are prescribe a drug and it ruins your life. Fuck it.

I've read U.S sue stories saying my familly could file a $70 million dollar lawsuit when I take my life because of the terrible side effects Accutane caused my skin and brain. I would state it all in a letter.

I hate it too. The "enemies" doesn't know what is about when you are prescribe a drug and it ruins your life. Fuck it.

I've read U.S sue stories saying my familly could file a $70 million dollar lawsuit when I take my life because of the terrible side effects Accutane caused my skin and brain. I would state it all in a letter.

Bro you gotta stay strong, i feel the same as you but think about the people closest to you that you would make so sad. I know your probably just messing about but i just wanna make sure!! i feel miserable as fuck but i just hope modern science will one day have the answers to our problems and that this toxic drug will be a thing of the past soon enough!!

oh guys, i dont mean im gonna go kill myself...heck no. I am just gonna stop coming here, since it is useless. My time spent here does no good, and just upsets others when I post my own views. I understand though. I realized that I do sound very annoying, and hateful. Never intended to upset others, just wanted to warn others and vent.

I tried everything possible to stop my acne for many years before I was placed on Accutane. I had been depressed as hell because of my appearance, and attempted suicide because I couldn't handle it anymore. Then my parents took me to a dermatologist who put me on Accutane for the first time. 9 months later my skin was clear, and I was no longer depressed. After all of the warnings I had heard about the drug it turned out for me that the biggest side effect was happiness, not depression.

This argument is so nonsensical I'm astounded it continues. People who have terrible acne are depressed because they have terrible acne. Period. But ya know what? If 1000 hopelessly depressed people were given a jelly bean once a day for 5 months and one person commits suicide, I assume there would still be these kinds of morons out there yelling about how jelly beans cause depression. People really need to stop putting the cart before the horse. Obviously some people really love to shift blame.

Guest AcneProne_1977
oh guys, i dont mean im gonna go kill myself...heck no. I am just gonna stop coming here, since it is useless. My time spent here does no good, and just upsets others when I post my own views. I understand though. I realized that I do sound very annoying, and hateful. Never intended to upset others, just wanted to warn others and vent.

It's ok to "vent", everyone needs to. But you've been doing it in a very hurtful and cruel way to others. This forum is meant for people to share their stories and give each other support. You've had a bad run with Accutane and I feel badly for you, but there are others who have hugely benefited from this med and therefore people should be able to make their own choice as to whether or not they want to take Accutane. I think you have every right to come on here and tell people your story (that's exactly what Acne.org is for...), but there's a way to do it and, unfortunately, you didn't do it that way.

Best of luck to you!! :)

Guest AcneProne_1977
I tried everything possible to stop my acne for many years before I was placed on Accutane. I had been depressed as hell because of my appearance, and attempted suicide because I couldn't handle it anymore. Then my parents took me to a dermatologist who put me on Accutane for the first time. 9 months later my skin was clear, and I was no longer depressed. After all of the warnings I had heard about the drug it turned out for me that the biggest side effect was happiness, not depression.

This argument is so nonsensical I'm astounded it continues. People who have terrible acne are depressed because they have terrible acne. Period. But ya know what? If 1000 hopelessly depressed people were given a jelly bean once a day for 5 months and one person commits suicide, I assume there would still be these kinds of morons out there yelling about how jelly beans cause depression. People really need to stop putting the cart before the horse. Obviously some people really love to shift blame.

I LOVE JELLY BEANS!!!!!! lol

Sorry, don't mean to make this comical...but it's the truth. :)

the truth is though that the drug has the tendancy to increase pressure in the brain, along with damage other vital organs through the body. Its not like that pilll you digest is a jelly bean, it is more like a jelly bean stuffed with an overly significant amount of Vitamin A or whatever they use. It is scientific proof that it can cause psych problems...not everyone gets em, nor do they notice it right away. I never noticed it until later after my course. I do know that when I did over dose by accident that I did fall into a very deep depressive state and did ponder the notion of suicide. I know from first account, that it can cause a lot of harm. Some of you who are forunate who did not experience any adverse reaction to the drug are not aware of what it can do. So I understand why some of you disagree, and the others that totally flip out and take their time trying to make me feel so sad...well you are just pathetic. But anyway, accutane is dangerous and is proven to cause psych problems. Depression and psych issues can be caused by problematic points in life. yet this drug is proven to be a true cause of it. read about it.