Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been battling to figure out my colors after starting Retin A (I'm sooo pale and red). I went through philosophy, mineral make-ups (4 brands), Chanel, Boobi Brown, Neutrogena, Laua Mercier... the list goes on. Finally, after reading much on this board and seeing how many colors there were, I went to a MAC store yesterday. The Sales Associate was VERY patient (through a million different combinations, etc)... what surprised me is that we finally settled on two concelears since my dry, Retin-A skin seemed to flake with everything. Yay :)

I had never tried... I honestly just needed someone to spend so long working with my skin... it has a mind of its own ;)

It all depends what works for you. What may be irritating to you may be perfect for her. I found MAC doesn't make me itchy or anything like others i have tried. On Paula's website it actually has very good reviews about mac..

I always seem to go back to MAC actually. I have had problems with my skin being very oily and i get blackheads very easily so i am very very picky about what i used as makeup. I've tried a couple of different brands both drugstore and makeup counter and i find that MAC seems to have the best colors that work for my skin (i am very very fair and have no yellow tones in my skin...only red tones).

In regards to it not being for acne prone skin, it may depend on what type of foundation you are using. They have 11 different kinds and what works on one may not work on another. I use their select tint foundation with spf 15. It gives very night coverage but still looks great and i haven ever really had problems with it. I also started to use their liquid mineral makeup which seems to ver well although it settles into my pores after a while. :(

I went into MAC today and got 2 shadows and a lip gloss.

Gloss- Revealing?

Shadows- Shroom & Expensive? Pink.

I'm too afraid to try their "11" lines of foundation. I tried one, and it ruined me. BAD for my skin! :doh:

that's awesome klvoe!! i had a great experience at mac recently too, so much so that i went on the dillard's site and wrote a customer comment.

i haven't used mac foundations in a long time, but when i was in, i asked the associate about mac causing breakouts. she emphasized the importance of making sure all of your make-up is removed at the end of the day, and that leftover particles can settle into pores and cause problems. (duh, right?) anyway, when i had my make-over, she gave me a small sample of their cleanse-off oil which i liked so much, i ended up buying later. it really is awesome! so gentle yet it takes off everything. just make sure you're removing your foundation properly and you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm glad you had a great experience and found some products that work for you!!

Expensive Pink is gorgeous!! You should try it with MAC Naked Lunch and Soba eye shadows.

And another MAC Cleanse Off Oil convert. I cannot recommend that stuff enough. Seriously!!