Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lakeviews

How much do you guys pay for your blood tests?

I'm on accutane and have blood tests done every month to check triglyceride levels. I end up paying about 80 dollars per tests, for some reason my insurance only covers a little part of it. I pay about 100 a month for my health insurance (regence blueshield). I'm wondering if you guys end up paying that much. thanks.

i paid nothing, if you have insurance you shouldn't be paying anything, but it depends where you go. i got it done free at labcorp but wasn't covered at all at quest. call the insurance and ask.

My insurance won't cover "cosmetic" issues whatsoever. So I am paying out of pocket, and the cheapest I can get the tests is at my student health center...the first set of tests were $80, but they should be around $40 for the rest of the course because the doc's not testing for anything but liver/lipids from here on out.

Nothing in Sweden as santacruz wrote, derm visits dosent cost anything either. Something

with the taxes I think, duno ;p

What's up with the insurance in the US? Not good if you ask me. :/

I will be paying nothing because i'll be getting my bloodwork done at my local free health clinic.. check if you have one and make an appointment to see if you can do that.. talk to your derm about it too.

Nothing in Sweden as santacruz wrote, derm visits dosent cost anything either. Something

Does it still take 3 months to make an appointment at Kaiser Permanente? I was a member there a long time ago and its just too crowded and impossible to make appointments. They didnt consider acne as an urgent issue so they always gave me crappy time ...like 3 months later when i didnt even care about the acne anymore. Damn you!!! >_<

And one doctor prescribed me differin in the morning and benzo at nite? wth Isnt it the other way around? :clap:

Yeah. US health insurance SUCKS. They wouldn't even cover my birth control and I HAVE to be on it to be on Accutane. They said it's not an emergency. But I bet if I got pregnant, they wouldn't want to cover my child's health care needs (you know, all the birth defects and all). Don't get me started.

I'm on accutane and have blood tests done every month to check triglyceride levels. I end up paying about 80 dollars per tests, for some reason my insurance only covers a little part of it. I pay about 100 a month for my health insurance (regence blueshield). I'm wondering if you guys end up paying that much. thanks.

Hey there, lakeviews ~

I used to pay about $250 each time for bloodtests (I don't have insurance). Thank goodness someone referred me to Labcorp (www.directlabs.com). I now pay about $65 for all the bloodtests that I need. For females, the pregnancy test is a separate cost. I'd recommend not getting a blood test for the pregnancy test (it's pretty pricey), but rather opt for the simple urine test.