Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hi. I have a strange red mark on my face. I don't think it is acne related because it is a distinct shape and size and quite a bit larger than anything acne could create. I have had it for quite a few years now. I went to a dermotologist about it, and he didn't know what it was. All he could say was that laser surgery could be used to change the color, which seemed pretty drastic to me. Its strange because it doesn't itch, doesn't hurt, doesn't change.. and i don't really know what it is. So i guess my first question is if anyone here has had this type of mark before. The doctor suggested it could be a "late onset birth mark", but i don't know if he even knew what he was talking about with that

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

bump, anyone?

well at least, can anyone reccommend me what type of laser is good at fixing skin discoloration? it isnt that bad, so im not looking for a dangerous procedure.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably consult with a couple more Dermatologists before making any decisions about what to do. There are many things you could try, but I'd start with less invasive procedures before having laser surgery done. But since I have no clue what the mark is from, I am not comfortable giving you advice on what to do about it.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes