Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is basically my (acne) life story, and is really long but I decided to post just for the hell of it to express everything thats on my mind.

It all started my sophmore year of highschool. I got my first pimple, which was incredibly embarressing (now I laugh at that). It was mild having about 5 or so pimples at a time. It was like this varying between mild and moderate (I was using bp which worked well but bleached all by shirt collars and pillows, so I decided it probably wasnt good to put on my face, and also makes redmarks last logner), so I stopped and just used some olay cleanser, toner, and moisturizer my mom gave me, it was for people with normal skin.

Then I went on a 3 week holiday at the end of summer between my junior and sernior year. My skin become flawless, as perfect as anyone could want or dream about, like a babys skin. I guess this was a mixture between the sea water and sun. I loved it, right before going back to school we ended the trip with a cruise, which to my surprise all the girls there (who at met at like the teen hang out sport on the ship) fancied me. This was a whole new thing to have girls openly say I am hot and etc. (I think part of this is because their inhibitions were lowered knowing if i rejected them who cares they would never see me again).

Then 2 days after no sun ar beach i started breaking out a little. It got up to maybe moderate throughout my senior year. The doc (not a dermatoligist) but me on some topical atnibacterial or antibiotic. Which did nothing. Then later on I was put on differin, which worled quite well(although was peeling and kinda burned), but did not cure my acne. I was even fancied by a very beautifal girl, but the very night i found this out, something happened that crushed me emotionally. It was before spring break and my step mom who is a eastitcian said that she could work on my face but told me to stop using differin before she did this. So she did while i was on holiday visiting her and my dad.

And when I get back my skin goes balistic, I attribute it to her pressing on my face a alot( as all easticians do, stopping differin, and the emotional stress I was under (which I could not tell to anyone, not even my family)). I had severe acne not cystic but just everywhere, I lost all confidence in myslef, stopped going out and partying, and began hanging out with my childhood friends (who were kind of nerdy according to everyone, but I thought they were still pretty cool). And this basically ruins my senior year, even though I still got a date to prom and such but no real girl/relationship is gonna happen. It gets a little better before i head off to college, but not much. At college there are parties everywhere, I went to a few in the beginning but couldn't really have fun becasue I was so self concious. I would have friends always ask me to go party but I refused not wanting anyone to see me, I felt better staying home and putting a acne mask on or doing something to try to clear my face. It continued liek this throught my freshman year at college. Over the summer my acne improved slightly, with me going back on differin. I vividly remeber bein at costo and this hot girl who worked there looking at me, I quickly adverted my eyes and turned around seeing whe was moving in my direction, I instantly thought she was looking at me and thinking eww look at that huys gross acne face. So my went to check out where the girl was standing next to the girl at the cashier, later I found out by my mom the cute girl thought I was hot. She found this out b/c the cashier told my mom, then the cute girl got embaressed and ran off(this pisses me off to this day, but I'll get to that later). I stopped taking differin a few months into my sophmore year (now), because it was too irritating. Still not going out because I am too self conscious. I switched to just using an Olay cleanser not ment for acne, which was mediocre at best. I then switched to the enormously hyped up DIP method, which was ok, felt really good after dipping my head in hot water at least. Then tryed Dermalogica Anti-Bac face wash which my friend recommended to me. I only used this because my friends skin is great now, just has scars from poping his pimples. This worked really well for a week, although slightly irritating. then I went camping for spring break and my skin got worse and more irritated due to this new cleanser. So I have now switched to using dove sensitive skin bar, which work great, and I do the egg white mask, and moisturise with aloe mixed with a little jojoba oil. Currently I have like 4 tiny pimples, but my skin looks horrible because every pimple I get leaves a mark, not red per se its more pink. So my sking looks blothchy and bad. Heopefully what I'm doing will work and those damn marks will fade. So here I am writing this with an egg white mask on, after declining an invititation from one of my buddies to go to a party. Fucking acne is ruining what should be the best years of my life. Who knows how many potential girlfriends not only acne but what its done to me psychologically has cost me, ie what happened at costco. I also think it might be in my head because sometimes my friends talk to me like I dont have acne, for example my friend said he is getting acne (which i could see 1 miniscule zit) from his little brother who he said had acne/oily skin and made fun of him for it, and I doubt he would say this to me if my acne was bad. It pisses me off that my skin is smooth but looks horrible because of these marks, i just want to sandpaper my face so new fresh skin grows back. And I know if i dont completely stop getting pimples then these marks with just keep coming and staying forever. All I can think of now that if I get clear sking one day will I be more confident and back to myself, or will this acne ruined my personality forever. All I can hope is that I ahve clear skin soon. If I dont by my 21st birthday, I'm gonna drop out of school and become a lifeguard at the beach, where hopefully iget back my good skin.

Well, i just basically said everything that was on my mind. I will be amazed if anyone actually reads this incredibly lond post. But if so, fell free to give me any tips to help me out.

I feel your pain. People underestimate the psychological effects of acne so much. My sister says, "I see lots of people with acne, don't worry about it and stop touching your face". Every time I hear that I feel like punching a brick wall. When ever i'm out and about I hardly ever see people with acne. It frustrates the hell out of me that although i'm quite a confident guy, I know that if acne wasn't here to hold me back, I would be 100x more confident. I know how you feel about acne destroying your love life. It has done the same to me. Why does acne have to occur during your teenage years when looks are the be all and the end all. I should be out partying and having a good time, but instead i'd be researching to find the "new cure" for acne, typing in search queries in Google constantly. I can't really give you any advice as such as i'm in much need of some advice myself. I'm going on accutane. Hopefully when I'm 21, the acne won't reappear and I can start to enjoy my life. Good luck dude and remember, we're all in this together.

Good luck going on accutane man. I wish I could. I remember seeing people with worse acne than me and they went on it, now they have perfect skin, I'm so jealous :| . Even though mine is mild I wanna take like 20 mg a day just to desrtoy acne forever. But my insurance doesnt cover presriptions even if I do get one, I dont know if I can afford it. Anyone know if there is way to fax my prescription to canada and get it that way, since it would be way cheaper than getting it here without coverage.

-Thanks for the support mike

Hey weightlifter....I read your post. Thanks for sharing. Ive been in the same place you have been. I think its the standard life of an acne sufferer. Im on accutane right now. My insurance from my last job ran out so I was uninsured but I went on ehealthinsurance.com and boght some short term insurance for cheap and it covers prescriptions.....its like 10 bucks for a prescription so its nice. however the derm visit and blood test is still like 40 bucks each but, hey what are you gonna do. I dont know much about ordering from canada so sorry cant help you there.....anyways if I can just say one thing, I mean personally I hate when people try and cheer my up when I was breqaking out and feeling down and all that but I can honestly say that after reading your post and what you said about your current condition and what your friend said, it doesnt sound to me like your acne is probably all that bad at all. I mean I cant tell without seeing pictures, but it doesnt sound that bad......I think a unique thing about acne is that someone with even a clear face, that doesnt get acne breaks out with just one zit and they feel self conscious. To them it is a big deal, or could be....when pretty much no body would even notice at all, or care. I think it works the same way like for you you say you have a few tiny zits right now and some red marks....really does anybody care besides you? If you went to that party tonight would any chicks honestly have turned you down that normally wouldnt have if you were 100% completely clear?....I doubt it.. When I see girls that got some zits on their face, I mean I notice it, but its not like I care. I dont factor it in at all and I dont think most girls do if a guys breaking out a little. Plus with your redmarks, a lot of girls got those they just wear makeup. So I think they understand a little because guys dont have that option......Anyways try not to worry so much about it just go out and have fun. You ever see pics of brad pitt when he first came up in movies?? dudes got a bunch of acne scars....a bunch. He wears makeup in his movies and you can still see the potmarks but ive seen pics of him before without makeup before a movie and he had a few big red marks on his face from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.....he had really bad acne when he was younger.........my only point about all that is, do you think any chick in the entire world would care about that at all??? hell no.....anyways im jsut rambling on now but take it easy man

This is basically my (acne) life story, and is really long but I decided to post just for the hell of it to express everything thats on my mind.

It all started my sophmore year of highschool. I got my first pimple, which was incredibly embarressing (now I laugh at that). It was mild having about 5 or so pimples at a time. It was like this varying between mild and moderate (I was using bp which worked well but bleached all by shirt collars and pillows, so I decided it probably wasnt good to put on my face, and also makes redmarks last logner), so I stopped and just used some olay cleanser, toner, and moisturizer my mom gave me, it was for people with normal skin.

Then I went on a 3 week holiday at the end of summer between my junior and sernior year. My skin become flawless, as perfect as anyone could want or dream about, like a babys skin. I guess this was a mixture between the sea water and sun. I loved it, right before going back to school we ended the trip with a cruise, which to my surprise all the girls there (who at met at like the teen hang out sport on the ship) fancied me. This was a whole new thing to have girls openly say I am hot and etc. (I think part of this is because their inhibitions were lowered knowing if i rejected them who cares they would never see me again).

Then 2 days after no sun ar beach i started breaking out a little. It got up to maybe moderate throughout my senior year. The doc (not a dermatoligist) but me on some topical atnibacterial or antibiotic. Which did nothing. Then later on I was put on differin, which worled quite well(although was peeling and kinda burned), but did not cure my acne. I was even fancied by a very beautifal girl, but the very night i found this out, something happened that crushed me emotionally. It was before spring break and my step mom who is a eastitcian said that she could work on my face but told me to stop using differin before she did this. So she did while i was on holiday visiting her and my dad.

And when I get back my skin goes balistic, I attribute it to her pressing on my face a alot( as all easticians do, stopping differin, and the emotional stress I was under (which I could not tell to anyone, not even my family)). I had severe acne not cystic but just everywhere, I lost all confidence in myslef, stopped going out and partying, and began hanging out with my childhood friends (who were kind of nerdy according to everyone, but I thought they were still pretty cool). And this basically ruins my senior year, even though I still got a date to prom and such but no real girl/relationship is gonna happen. It gets a little better before i head off to college, but not much. At college there are parties everywhere, I went to a few in the beginning but couldn't really have fun becasue I was so self concious. I would have friends always ask me to go party but I refused not wanting anyone to see me, I felt better staying home and putting a acne mask on or doing something to try to clear my face. It continued liek this throught my freshman year at college. Over the summer my acne improved slightly, with me going back on differin. I vividly remeber bein at costo and this hot girl who worked there looking at me, I quickly adverted my eyes and turned around seeing whe was moving in my direction, I instantly thought she was looking at me and thinking eww look at that huys gross acne face. So my went to check out where the girl was standing next to the girl at the cashier, later I found out by my mom the cute girl thought I was hot. She found this out b/c the cashier told my mom, then the cute girl got embaressed and ran off(this pisses me off to this day, but I'll get to that later). I stopped taking differin a few months into my sophmore year (now), because it was too irritating. Still not going out because I am too self conscious. I switched to just using an Olay cleanser not ment for acne, which was mediocre at best. I then switched to the enormously hyped up DIP method, which was ok, felt really good after dipping my head in hot water at least. Then tryed Dermalogica Anti-Bac face wash which my friend recommended to me. I only used this because my friends skin is great now, just has scars from poping his pimples. This worked really well for a week, although slightly irritating. then I went camping for spring break and my skin got worse and more irritated due to this new cleanser. So I have now switched to using dove sensitive skin bar, which work great, and I do the egg white mask, and moisturise with aloe mixed with a little jojoba oil. Currently I have like 4 tiny pimples, but my skin looks horrible because every pimple I get leaves a mark, not red per se its more pink. So my sking looks blothchy and bad. Heopefully what I'm doing will work and those damn marks will fade. So here I am writing this with an egg white mask on, after declining an invititation from one of my buddies to go to a party. Fucking acne is ruining what should be the best years of my life. Who knows how many potential girlfriends not only acne but what its done to me psychologically has cost me, ie what happened at costco. I also think it might be in my head because sometimes my friends talk to me like I dont have acne, for example my friend said he is getting acne (which i could see 1 miniscule zit) from his little brother who he said had acne/oily skin and made fun of him for it, and I doubt he would say this to me if my acne was bad. It pisses me off that my skin is smooth but looks horrible because of these marks, i just want to sandpaper my face so new fresh skin grows back. And I know if i dont completely stop getting pimples then these marks with just keep coming and staying forever. All I can think of now that if I get clear sking one day will I be more confident and back to myself, or will this acne ruined my personality forever. All I can hope is that I ahve clear skin soon. If I dont by my 21st birthday, I'm gonna drop out of school and become a lifeguard at the beach, where hopefully iget back my good skin.

Well, i just basically said everything that was on my mind. I will be amazed if anyone actually reads this incredibly lond post. But if so, fell free to give me any tips to help me out.

I know exactly how you feel mate. I haven't been on the .org in months due to other stuff taking over my life (uni, work etc.) and i came on here to rant and start a new thread but your story really hit home with me and is exactly how i feel. I can't put into words what acne has done to me mentally. I wish it would disappear. I wish the scars would. I wish my negativity towards most things due to acne would dissipate. That's about as likely as my acne disappearing tomorrow. I fucking hate this disease. But all we can do is live through it and know that we are loved etc. Good luck in the fight xx