Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xec

Does Vitamin C supplementation help with acne?

Anything between 1,000mg-2,000mg in capsule or tablet form taken daily, any thoughts?

whoa... thats a lot of Vitamin C...

im taking 500mg supplement and it's about 800% of the daily value...

meaning has 8x more value than your body needs daily

the rest of the unnecessary Vitamin C will be flushed out...

so i dont see a point in 1000-2000mg

Your body will naturally tell you how much Vitamin C you need. Take 1000mg every hour until diarrhea occurs, then reduce dosage to just below that for individual daily dose. Divide dosage to 3-4 times a day so your body is maintaining levels throughout the day.

Constipated? Just up your dosage a little until problem solved then go back to your usual dosage? Vitamin C works a hell of alot better than Milk Of Magnesia or those other store bought remedies. No nausea or cramping!

well 1,000mg is about 1666% RDA...the RDA is for 40 year old average joe couch potatoes, there has been many important studies that suggest we need much higher vit C content than the gov tells us! many holistic doctors also advise on some 'plans' to megadose vit C to levels that i havent even mentioned here!! i know vit c is good for regmark healing, gives skin radiant glow and many good stuff for the skin, im askin if anyone else has used it long term and actually can solely tell me that vit C was the factor in the healing process of their acne condition!

I was taking 1,000 mg of Vitamin C each day. I didn't see an improvement, but after I went to a naturopath and had myself tested for Food Sensitivities, they showed me how my body hadn't been absorbing very many nutrients to begin with because my body was always trying to fight the foods I was eating.

I had sensitivities to things I would have never guessed - wool, angora, milk whey, wheat...

After I try to control all ofmy food sensitivities, I may try to return to vitamin poping ---using good brands, of course :)

Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid when applied to the skin topically can be used to heal red marks, as stated in a previous thread. However, Vitamin C taken orally does not really have an effect on the skin.

I have experimented with taking vitamin C over longer periods of time.

My results: Yes it does help, I had been taking 1000mg daily of the Ester-C for a month or so.

HOWEVER, you can't take that on a regular basis. At one point, I started having a pain after taking a vitamin C supplement, and as soon as I stopped taking them, it went away.

Thus, take vitamin C only when you feel like you're getting a cold, and only for a few days.

I have experimented with taking vitamin C over longer periods of time.

My results: Yes it does help, I had been taking 1000mg daily of the Ester-C for a month or so.

HOWEVER, you can't take that on a regular basis. At one point, I started having a pain after taking a vitamin C supplement, and as soon as I stopped taking them, it went away.

Thus, take vitamin C only when you feel like you're getting a cold, and only for a few days.

Your body will naturally tell you how much Vitamin C you need. Take 1000mg every hour until diarrhea occurs