Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
super

accutane/cholestrol

I started taking amnesteem 20mg only march 14 2007. i had high cholesterol to begin with because i do not get much exercise . i dont eat ANYTHING with cholesterol in it. after taking amnesteem for a month i got my blood drawn and my cholesterol had gone up. my derm told me to stop taking amnesteem for 2 weeks so i can get my cholesterol lower and when i go back to her shes gonna put me on 10mg 0r 20mg. since im off the medicine for 2 weeks is it going to cause me to breakout again? i was only on the medicine for a month and it had cleared up my skin a lot and i was upset when i had to stop taking it. has this happened to anyone? what are some things i can do to lower my cholesterol i have to get my blood drawn again the 20th and i have my appointment the 26th. thanks

I would reccomend you look into red yeast rice, google it, research as much as you can and start taking it as soon as you can, this will keep your cholesterol at a good figure. Obviously avoid any saturated fats as best as you can, maybe try and take up some form of exercise. For me though i have hypercholestemia so only 20% of my cholesterol is effected by diet/exercise. The rest has to be controled via statins...

I would reccomend you look into red yeast rice, google it, research as much as you can and start taking it as soon as you can, this will keep your cholesterol at a good figure. Obviously avoid any saturated fats as best as you can, maybe try and take up some form of exercise. For me though i have hypercholestemia so only 20% of my cholesterol is effected by diet/exercise. The rest has to be controled via statins...

thanks

can you buy it at like a grocery store?

My cholesterol was a little high last month but I got it back down (almost 30 pts down). Some tips:

Supplements don't work unless you eat right

Exercise more (cardio!)

Eat a lot of dark green veggies (esp broccoli and asparagus)

Skip the red meat and fried foods, eat more fish

Eat cheerios (it works) or oatmeal, and more whole grain in general

Stop worrying about it (stress does bad things to your body)

Granted, this should work for anyone with slight elevated cholesterol, but if you have a condition I'd talk to your doctor.

My cholesterol was a little high last month but I got it back down (almost 30 pts down). Some tips:

Supplements don't work unless you eat right

Exercise more (cardio!)

Eat a lot of dark green veggies (esp broccoli and asparagus)

Skip the red meat and fried foods, eat more fish

Eat cheerios (it works) or oatmeal, and more whole grain in general

Stop worrying about it (stress does bad things to your body)

Granted, this should work for anyone with slight elevated cholesterol, but if you have a condition I'd talk to your doctor.

I'm not sure if you are reffering to red yeast rice as a supplement, but it works regardless of your diet as it acts as a natural statin...Obviously a change in diet and exercise will just amplify it's effects for people with non condition related cholesterol.