Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You think there is a combination between being a nerd and having acne. Cause many acnesufferers are socially isolated? But on the other hand I wouldn't call Jessica Simpsson a nerd alltough she depends on her family a lot and is very spoilt but that's not even the same thing as being a nerd.

By the way I've been of accutane for 1 year and a half

haha great question but I don't think there is a correlation there. I think many acnesufferers are socially isolated BECAUSE of their acne. :P

Yes and it also depends on what type of acne you have. If you have the mild type that goes over withouth scarring then you can have it as an successtory: Ye, feel sad for me I had a lot of acne so I was depressed allthough I'm very pretty but now it's over.'' You could be seen as tough. Then if you are left with scarring and everyone knows you took the tane.

Have you seen the episode on Bold and the beautiful where Brooke's sister Katie Logan was isolated because of her severe acne and thought that no one would date her because of her acne. Then stupidly Brooke wanted to set her up with some sleezy guy named Rooco who wasn't even Katie's type and he then choose Brookes other sister Donna who's hot for a date. Guess what Katie was more hurt!

It depends what you mean by "nerd"; if you mean someone who is a social outcast, I agree with others that it has more to do with the individuals own reaction to their acne, not other people's.

If by "nerd" you mean someone who is very book smart & kind of offbeat, then no, I see no connection.

I mean both I think. I think that people who suffers from severe forms of acne are usually depressed at some stage and people might not care but they have eyes they see the acne so they don't know how to handle them. And the acnesufferrs probably don't want people to be extra nice because of the skin. So misinterpretentions can lead to isolation and nerdy behaviour. I don't know!

I dont think anyone is a nerd because they get pimples.....but I think the isolation has to do with getting zits and being paranoid etc......I used to find that when I had break outs I'd hide in my house...lol.

I dont think anyone is a nerd because they get pimples.....but I think the isolation has to do with getting zits and being paranoid etc......I used to find that when I had break outs I'd hide in my house...lol.

So you mean isolation leads to more zits or nerdy behaviour.

So you mean isolation leads to more zits or nerdy behaviour.

if i had perfect skin i would NOT be in my house all day long

well i prob would untill my work was finished but after that i would be enjoying life!!! although i don't look like one i'd say i was a geek though...i love to stay in a read as much as go out and party. i just do more of the first cos of my skin !!!!

simo 8 - is that you tiger woods...?? :think:

lol

Yeh or what do new people think? I would love to continue this dicussion. Is it the stress in todays society that has made acne more common?