Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
6years+

Why not 10% bp??

Well i recently bought some 10% bp and have been uping the usage of the bp and now my face is like immune to the side effects of bp or something. It dosn't peel or go red even when i put on 2 fingers lengths full of bp and i was just wondering why Dan says "the Regimen does not work with 10% bp" is this simply because it's too iritating or another reason?

I know that I can't use nearly that much 10% BP, and I've been putting lots of 2.5% BP on my face for like 16 months now. I think it's far too irritating for the vast majority of people, and while you might see results faster with 10% BP, your eventual results will be the same as with 2.5% BP, so why put your face through the suffering and redness?

Also, to be fair, you can pretty much use all the BP you want on your face of any strength to start (not that you should!), and for the first three or four days you might not have any side effects unless you are allergic. Lots and lots and lots of regimen users report that they aren't feeling anything when they put on the BP and don't have any side effects in the first couple of days, and so they think it isn't working and start using more, and then after a few days they regret that. The side effects kick in around a week in, generally, and get worse over the first few weeks as you continue upping the BP before they get better after you've adjusted. If you haven't been using this large amount of BP for a good period of time, I don't know if you can call yourself homefree from the side effects of BP.

Dan states that 10% bp doesnt work with this regimen because in most cases, it doesnt.

10% bp for most users is very irritating, and causes more problems than it solves. plus, clinical studies show that 2.5% bp is just as effective than higher concentrations, mainly because at 2.5% the skin is shedded by the benzoic acid produced when BP breaks down to form benzoic acid and oxygen. and bacteria is inhibited because of the oxygenated environment, therefore bacteria cant sustain and reproduce efectively.

at higher concentrations, more benzoic acid is produced which causes more shedding and redness, in some cases it is effective (back and chest acne) but for face it will just irritate.

in most cases, i would have to say it really doesnt help with the regimen. when i tried 10%, my face flaked HORRIBLY, and it was very irritating. i just dont think its as effective as a case that might be lower in percent, but higher in calmness and the way it works with your skin.

Mmm thanks for all the feedback guys, but i've been using 10% for around about 2 months now and it dosn't irritate at all there's a bit of flaking. But when i first started using it i couldn't sleep properly because of the irritation (i was using 2.5% back then). Then after i while i found i could handle it and decided to use 10%, which i have been ever since 2 months ago. It hasn't irritated my face at all and seems to be working fine, i should say super fine from like 40 or so pimples down to 7 =D, still got a face full of red marks and the occasianal whitehead but all in all really happy with the results.

I used 10% BP for awhile (I wasn't on the DKR though). My esthetician routinely uses 10% or 5% BP for her clients. She has a method of gradually getting your skin used to the BP - I had minimal irritation and no redness. After my skin cleared, she stepped me down to 5%. Now I only use 5% on just my chin because the rest of my skin doesn't really need it anymore. I think 10% can be tolerated by some people in some regimens (I only used it once a day).

Dan just suggest what in his experience actually works for himself, and many others.

Take a look at Dan's treatment history. He isn't some dude that just popped up with knowledge he has, the guy had many years of trial and error under his belt before getting his skin cleared up. He made this site so others don't have to make the same mistakes he did.

i've been on a regimen of dans bp, followed by mass amounts of 10%. It does not absorb well and leaves my face white and dry, but I only use 10% at night when I'm about to go to bed.

I've had great results so far.

Guest WhiteWater

It is amazing what the human body can adapt to.

I am an ex heavy drinker, at the height of my problem I could drink over a litre of vodka a night, which would kill a non drinker.

With BP you can slowly progress from 2.5% to 10%.

The study refered to where 2.5% is as effective as 10% but with less irritation was for newbies who did not ramp up or progress to 10% and was a short period of 8-12 weeks, not long term. It resulted in an average clearing of around 60%. What would the result of a long term study be? Would there be more allergic contact dermatitis from 10%. Better results from 10%?

most scientists who have studied 2.5% and 10% say 2.5% is just as effective, but that doesnt mean every case is going to work out the same. if 10% is going great for you, i wouldnt recommend you change it down just because thats what is the recommended amount, just use whatever is going well.

most scientists who have studied 2.5% and 10% say 2.5% is just as effective, but that doesnt mean every case is going to work out the same. if 10% is going great for you, i wouldnt recommend you change it down just because thats what is the recommended amount, just use whatever is going well.

i didnt really say there are many studies out there....

i said from most of the research that is taken, most of it does in fact say 2.5% is just as effective.

i wasnt talking about how many there were, the quality, or the age of them.