Notifications
Clear all

Accutane messed me up

MemberMember
(@micropoint)

Posted : 04/12/2007 11:07 pm

yea basically accutane messed my whole body. there are so many side effects that bother me everyday. I Dont get acne now but it my whole acne process is weird and i feel the acne but it just doesnt come up or go away under my skin.

i have depression ( which i dont think was caused by accutane but by my situation) i have anxiety which i never had before, i have massive stress, i get panic attacks, i blush and flush all the time i fukcing hate it.

my joints hurt and my body is always tired. my body is dry and i have dry brown spots all over my back. my skin doesnt heal at all anymore, the smallest scratchs and injurys take months to heal and they always leave red marks and scars. my immune system suckkkkkkks. i can get sick from being in the wind for 2 min, and breeze of cold makes my throat hurt instantly. i have been off accutane for over 2 years. and i used to be perfectly health.

basically im not gonna tell anyone to take it or not it depends on the situation... but i feel like it ruined my life.

all i want to know is what exactly does accutane do to your body ( i read online but the scientific terminology is too confusing.) and is there any way to reverse effects?

MemberMember
(@the-who)

Posted : 04/12/2007 11:10 pm

well, a healthy diet with lots of veggies and fish oil can't hurt. I'd personally start there unless you already eat healthy.

MemberMember
(@micropoint)

Posted : 04/12/2007 11:31 pm

yea i eat really really healthy. im also on the trader joes diet lol. but anyway i heard of fish oil stuff and flax seed oil but i never paid attention.... tell me about it.

i also take good day multivitamins just for kicks

MemberMember
(@spottedhusky)

Posted : 04/13/2007 7:40 am

getting sick from being in the wind for 2 minutes?

MemberMember
(@kanmi)

Posted : 04/13/2007 7:43 am

You're not alone.

MemberMember
(@xiomara)

Posted : 04/13/2007 9:30 am

Don't take multi vitamins. It has Vitamin A in them. You can't take Vit. A while on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@pimpinpoodle)

Posted : 04/13/2007 12:14 pm

I would definitely start taking a fish oil supplement daily. The studies just keep coming out and coming out about how essential Omega 3 fatty acids are to overall brain heart and bodily health. Specifically in terms of anxiety and depression a diet rich in omega 3's from supplementation or lots of fatty fish (salmon sardine macrel etc) has been proven to cause more dark matter in the brain to grow in the areas directly linked to emotions. I attribute the end of my anxiety and depression to beggining taking a high dose of fish oil daily for almost 2 years now. It is also beneficial to ones immunse system and incredibly so for you joint aches and skin. :D Just type in fish oil and depression or anxiety etc if you don't believe me. Hope things turn around for ya.

MemberMember
(@calmcoolshot)

Posted : 04/13/2007 1:53 pm

MemberMember
(@robdude)

Posted : 04/13/2007 8:14 pm

yea basically accutane messed my whole body. there are so many side effects that bother me everyday. I Dont get acne now but it my whole acne process is weird and i feel the acne but it just doesnt come up or go away under my skin.

i have depression ( which i dont think was caused by accutane but by my situation) i have anxiety which i never had before, i have massive stress, i get panic attacks, i blush and flush all the time i fukcing hate it.

my joints hurt and my body is always tired. my body is dry and i have dry brown spots all over my back. my skin doesnt heal at all anymore, the smallest scratchs and injurys take months to heal and they always leave red marks and scars. my immune system suckkkkkkks. i can get sick from being in the wind for 2 min, and breeze of cold makes my throat hurt instantly. i have been off accutane for over 2 years. and i used to be perfectly health.

basically im not gonna tell anyone to take it or not it depends on the situation... but i feel like it ruined my life.

all i want to know is what exactly does accutane do to your body ( i read online but the scientific terminology is too confusing.) and is there any way to reverse effects?

MemberMember
(@jr86)

Posted : 04/13/2007 8:16 pm

That could be a big problem.

MemberMember
(@micropoint)

Posted : 04/14/2007 1:06 am

hey i am not on accutane.... i took it 2 years ago 1 full course. basically what i take is this and it has omega 3 fatty acids. [removed]

can someone tell me if there is enough fish oils in it?

when i take it i can notice within like 3 days that i feel better but....but somedays i will just wake up with all those emotional symptoms. it will lessen my stress, panic attacks, etc but still somedays it doesnt help at all.

also i have headaches all the time and pressure on my temple. i believe i got some sort of brain damage because i am now very sensitive to sound and migraine type of triggers...

MemberMember
(@kean-445)

Posted : 12/10/2018 9:49 pm

Hello Im having a very similar problem to you, I have started to break out even worst after acutane. It got so bad to where my face would get numb and I would start to get white heads, I just wanted to ask if your face is better and if so what did you do to make it better?