Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

The Amazing Accutane- My Journey

Day 104:

Things are going okay. Nothing much to report, but that my skin on my cheeks seems a bit rougher. Could be because I have to shave some micro-hairs though lol.

I took photos with a different camera this time and my skin looked flawless, which, though it was flattering, is far from the truth...very far. Anyway, I'm going to go grab the camera I usually use and take some pictures with that.

Damnit, I can't find the camera. My dad must know where it is but he isn't home yet so I'll have to take them a little later on. And, yes, I live with my parents because I'm still in highschool.

Haha "Yes I live with my parents because Im still in high school" I love you routhman! Get those pics up asap mister! Take care =)

Haha "Yes I live with my parents because Im still in high school" I love you routhman! Get those pics up asap mister! Take care =)

Day 115! 77% done!

35 Days left!

The course has flown by. But, if this breaking out doesn't subside, I may have to have my derm raise my dose.

Ahh! I hope after this my acne never comes back. I don't mind one pimple that won't leave a mark once a month or something, but I'm done with the whole moderate acne shit. If it ever comes back even as mild (what it's at now, excluding the crazy amount of red marks and small scars), I'm dialing the derm immediately. No one should have to go through this. I mean I'm in highschool! These are supposed to be the best years of my life, but instead I threw away my entire freshmen year.

But, when I'm clear, I know I won't be getting back my ex or making it to hollywood in a flash. I know I won't be the most gorgeous man to walk this world, but, damn, at least I know I won't be afraid to look someone in the eye, make plans, and live my life.

Has anyone even considered the stupidity of the disease either? I mean, really, stupid red bumps that gross people out and avoids every possible cure...all because of moronic skin that can't function as well as its normal skin buddies. I mean, cmon, what kind of a sicko could dream up such an illness? "It won't kill you, but it'll sure as hell come close!" Jeez.

Okay, my rant's over..I just had a lot of thoughts floating through my head.

Day 120 (there was a small delay in getting the tane- stupid derm's office never calls ipledge):

Ehh..I've continued breaking out and it only seems to spread..

This is awful. I mean it's only closed comedones, but I thought by now I'd be fully cleared. But, leave it to the sport that I love to ruin that (I think it's because I've been playing more often recently). I told my derm that I've been breaking out more often than I was and he just shrugged it off and prescribed the same dose..it'd help if he said something. I mean the guy has been great; he's been helpful along the way and done, in my opinion, what he thinks is best for the patient (me). But he's a really quiet, self contained guy. Oh, well...

Day 126:

Damn this redness is killing me! And these red marks won't buuuuudge!!! And the bumps are not going away!! Jeez lol..

Side effects: facial redness, delayed healing of wounds, minor joint pain, occasional dry eyes, occasional minor rashes on my forearms (when it's too humid)..can't think of any more..

So finding this USB cable was harder than I'd expected..it's like a murder mystery..except there was no murder. Dum dum dum...

Day 147:

Just 3 days left...

I want to update with those pictures so badly, but i can't find that cord.

So I'm a little worried..yesterday I woke up with an inflamed pimple and I only have 3 days left! And I still have a bunch of closed comedones..I'm worried to never truly be clear (no redmarks, maybe a spot once in a while) and then end up breaking out again. It's Tane; what happened to being 100% clear of acne at this point?

I've also got a pretty ugly rash on my cheek..my derm said it was caused by dry skin.

Does anyone think it's weird that he didn't put me on anything for maintenance? He told me to come back right away if I ever start breaking out again, but I thought derms automatically put you on a topical once you finished..

I finished yesterday!

The rash is still healing up and my skin doesn't have any inflamed acne, but it does have plenty of closed comedones, scars, and red marks. I thought by now I'd surely be clear, but we'll see what happens...