Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

The Amazing Accutane- My Journey

Day 26:

Almost done my first month. :dance: My skin's been doing bad, though. I don't think it's improved since the 2 week mark. If anything, it has gotten a bit worse. I know I'm going to get clear on this drug, but it's killing me to know when. I mean, if I'm clear in 30 days (at the end of my 2nd month) when school ends, then I'll be able to enjoy my summer without having to be hindered by acne. And I hope I'll be clear by the 4th month so I can go back to school with clear skin! :pray:

Side effects: same

Photo update in 4 days...

Day 28 (4 weeks):

Well I can't believe it's already 4 weeks; I'll have a photo update in 2 days.

The same thing has been going on- break out, clear a little, leave a couple redmarks, breakout, clear a little, leave a couple redmarks...etc

Also, I was looking at my nose up close yesterday and noticed that I have blackheads! Pre-Tane, I never got a blackhead...

Hey stranger!! I hope youre doing alright! Just think, only 4 or so months to go! Lucky you already have so much time invested, hopefully youll be clear by the time your summer starts, and I really have a feeling you will : )

Hey stranger!! I hope youre doing alright! Just think, only 4 or so months to go! Lucky you already have so much time invested, hopefully youll be clear by the time your summer starts, and I really have a feeling you will : )

Well tonight I gently exfoliated for the first time on Accutane using my homemade honey + sugar scrub.

And guess what else?! :D My agent called with an audition for a television show here in the states! :) I don't think I've ever posted this on acne.org, but I also am an aspiring model and actor. Obviously my acne has delayed the process and kept me from acquiring a wider range of agents, but after Accutane that won't be a problem. I'm just excited that I might get out of this small town and meet some new people!

Also, my little brother told me my skin has cleared up big time considering the short time I've been taking Accutane (he's not one to be nice just for the hell of it, either). :dance:

It seems like my life is finally going uphill...

Day 29:

I have my appointment today. Wish me luck. :)

Photo update tomorrow. :D

Side effects: same + dry eyes.

Okay, okay. I just wrote a poem in about a half an hour for that poem thread in the Emo forum. It's about Jesus' life. I'm a Catholic (though not psychotically) and found it an easy topic.

Here it is:

By flesh and blood, the son is born

To be hurt by the people

Of which he is now adorned

And a journey is set by The Words of Stone

Now this boy whose life might have shone

Won't know the age he could've known

As the man prays in the falling night

In his home he's lost the light

And here, in the darkness, his life is shown

Betrayal thrice before the cock crows

He isn't blind, but the light is gone

He hasn't sinned but his side is torn

All the pain, he feels the thorns

To protect, to save, to die, he has sworn

He carries the cross as the watchers watch

His life will fade while the talkers talk

And by our faults, this son was caught

To face a death he never fought

This pain will grow

Through his veins, it will flow

But, as the nails are driven

The sins have been forgiven.

The son = Jesus

The Words of Stone = God

Day 30 was yesterday.

Today would be Day 31, but there was a stupid problem getting the Accutane. I won't have it until Monday night. :(

The audition was fun, but they are looking for 10 guys out of thousands throughout the United States. It's very unlikely that I made it, but the experience is constructive.

Obviously, my log is on a little hiatus. I'll resume it Tuesday, because then I will be on Day 31.

Well at least you got some experience from the audition right? And who knows, maybe your phone will ring tomorrow : ) Hows the face going bud, I hope you have good news to tell me haha! Otherwise Ill start getting nervous! SO CLEAR UP OR ELSE! : )

Well at least you got some experience from the audition right? And who knows, maybe your phone will ring tomorrow : ) Hows the face going bud, I hope you have good news to tell me haha! Otherwise Ill start getting nervous! SO CLEAR UP OR ELSE! : )

Ahhh I know! I hate IPledge already and I havent even started! The 30 day waiting thing is crap I say! Well bud, at least you have a month down! Im actually really excited for you, and Im being truthful! I feel like were in this together : ) And by Thanksgiving we will both be our beautiful selves inside and out!

Ahhh I know! I hate IPledge already and I havent even started! The 30 day waiting thing is crap I say! Well bud, at least you have a month down! Im actually really excited for you, and Im being truthful! I feel like were in this together : ) And by Thanksgiving we will both be our beautiful selves inside and out!

Day 33:

Not much is happening. Tiny little breakouts and barely any clearing.

Although my skin is pretty discolored from all of the red marks, it's very smooth which is unusual because I have never had smooth skin (even before I had true acne- around 10-11- my skin had many closed comedones).

Hey bud!! I hope youre enjoying the nice long weekend! Also I hope your skin is starting to improve!

Hey bud!! I hope youre enjoying the nice long weekend! Also I hope your skin is starting to improve!

Hey bud! Well, at least its getting better right? I really hope youve made it past the worst stage..I know how tough this acne bussiness is..I just cant wait until Thanksgiving..We definately will be like the best looking people at the get togethers lol =) I dont even know much about you! You should enlighten me! I know youre still in high school, but thats about it lol..Mmm fill me in =) Hope youre doing good!

Hey bud! Well, at least its getting better right? I really hope youve made it past the worst stage..I know how tough this acne bussiness is..I just cant wait until Thanksgiving..We definately will be like the best looking people at the get togethers lol =) I dont even know much about you! You should enlighten me! I know youre still in high school, but thats about it lol..Mmm fill me in =) Hope youre doing good!

Day 39:

3 days until 6 weeks! I'll update with photos hopefully. My apologies for not updating a couple weeks back. I've been exhausted. And looking at photos of your bumpy, discolored face isn't easy.

I have about 3 active guys, which is pretty insane for me. Other than that, I've got a bitch load of red marks that are going to take their time to fade. And then I have indented scars, but I can't do anything about those (if I decide to) until 6 months post-tane anyway.

Side effects: Same, except my back pain is gone. I think I've really noticed that I'm sluggish the past couple weeks; I can't sprint. I can play a sport when I'm focused, but I can't really just sprint on command.

Hey stranger! Well I got your message thing, and Im too stupid to know how to reply to it =/ I have to go to work soon otherwise I would sit here and try to figure it out! But I will soon lol..Wow..almost 6 weeks already!! Thats amazing! And I think you said you are on a 5 month course? Congrats, youre like more than a fourth done!!

Hey stranger! Well I got your message thing, and Im too stupid to know how to reply to it =/ I have to go to work soon otherwise I would sit here and try to figure it out! But I will soon lol..Wow..almost 6 weeks already!! Thats amazing! And I think you said you are on a 5 month course? Congrats, youre like more than a fourth done!!