Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r1ch1e

started accutane week April 11th

okay so i am about to pop my first pill. i just got insurance for the sole purpose of going on accutane and wasn't sure if it would be covered but it did and it will be covered for 6 months of amnesteem at 15 bucks a month :) hopefully things continue to go well from here. so im running this thread in case there are some others who are starting around the same time so we could share our experiences and share thoughts or advice. wish me luck.

Hi r1tch1e!

I am on Day 5. You can follow my progress in my log. I will follow yours as well. Good luck!!! ;)

-Simon

Hi r1tch1e!

I am on Day 5. You can follow my progress in my log. I will follow yours as well. Good luck!!! ;)

-Simon

hey guys im at day 3...i havent felt anything yet..no breakouts...no dryness...some old spots have dried up and "fallen" off but i dont know if that is due to its natural course or because accutane is speeding up the process. i have started using a sulfer/salicylic acid soap (bought 3 bars from kavi.com for 12 dollars) to wash my face. i am hoping it will keep bacteria levels down to minimize the initial breakout. the soaps feel great though. i highly recommend them for the beginning stages while dryness isnt a factor yet. im thinking to use them once im done with accutane to maintain clearness.

Nice to see so many others starting around the same time. I am on day 7 and so far I'm getting the common side effects of the dryness but nothing severe. My acne is about the same I guess?... Too soon to tell. Anyway, good luck everyone! :)

Nice to see so many others starting around the same time. I am on day 7 and so far I'm getting the common side effects of the dryness but nothing severe. My acne is about the same I guess?... Too soon to tell. Anyway, good luck everyone! :)

this is the best time to start supposedly. the winter makes accutane that much harder to deal with. just throw some good spf on and youre set

this is the best time to start supposedly. the winter makes accutane that much harder to deal with. just throw some good spf on and youre set

Ya there are positives/negatives whether you have your treatment in the Winter or the Summer. Preference I guess. If you can't live without the sun, then probably better to do it during the winter. But if you can't live being EXTREMELY dry, than it's probably better to do it in the summer.

Remember, most of the side effects are all in your head. Most of the time you're expecting certain side effects which is why you may think the slightest dryness or headache is due to accutane. haha Just try not to think about it too much.

Day 8 here. Nothing really new to report.

okay so i am about to pop my first pill. i just got insurance for the sole purpose of going on accutane and wasn't sure if it would be covered but it did and it will be covered for 6 months of amnesteem at 15 bucks a month :) hopefully things continue to go well from here. so im running this thread in case there are some others who are starting around the same time so we could share our experiences and share thoughts or advice. wish me luck.

You're right simo. Most of the side effects are in my head. I've read so many side effects that I'm so worried about it that even the slight pain I feel I think of Accutane. Like today I went to work-out and I noticed I didn't have the same stamina as before, although it may be partly due to Accutane, the fact that I kept thinking about Accutane didn't make things any better.

I have a question here...Is it ok to drink protein shakes while on Accutane?

I'm on my fifth day of Accutane treatment. Starting with a low dose, and moving up from there. I'm actually on the generic Amnesteem, which I've been told is the most reliable of the generics available for poor dudes with lousy insurance like me.

Just started taking Aquaphor today, and I'm using a gentle cleanser. I've still been using Duac in the morning, taking the pill at night... Bad idea?