Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skin needling by a tattooist

good luck man you seem to know what you're getting into well researched

btw, do you have any before pics of the scars?

Wow, the scars are actually still improving, some, significantly :o There's one 'island-shaped' scar which was quite big and deep, now it has filled up around 70% I'm quite suprised. However, the distinct colour of scar makes it still visible. From what I cant see, collagen has filled up underneath, but does the external epidermis change? Hmm... I'm sure it'll fade slightly as time goes by...

Wow, the scars are actually still improving, some, significantly :o There's one 'island-shaped' scar which was quite big and deep, now it has filled up around 70% I'm quite suprised. However, the distinct colour of scar makes it still visible. From what I cant see, collagen has filled up underneath, but does the external epidermis change? Hmm... I'm sure it'll fade slightly as time goes by...

Hey 1337, it has been 3 &1/2 wks since your needling appt. Do you still have improvement?

Do you notice any hyperpigmentation? I am excited at your progress and admire your bravery.

I hope you have positive results.

Okay, it seems to be improving again since I stopped bio oil and switched to some other cream. I wonder if the bio oil affected the healing process in a bad way.

BTW, would self needling be better, or one of those rollers from ebay? If self needling, what gauge do I need?

Ok - I'm a part time tattoo artist - so I'll try to explain some. One side of your face at a time is better because your body focuses all it's extra energy to the site of an injury - if you make that two sites - the energy is halved, and the potential for proper healing is halved. Cod liver oil for the a & d is not a bad choice at all. We always use a big tub of A&D Ointment (diaper rash cream) most people do very well with this. When you wash your face, make sure you use a mild soap, cool water, and let your face dry for 10 mn before applying your ointment. Apply the ointment while the skin is still retaining water can cause scabs to slough off before they are ready. The bumpiness is completely normal, and will diminish with time. Take a couple Ibuprofen every few hours to reduce swelling and pain. The colorless liquid was exudate - there may or may not be more. Don't soak. You may want to increase your Vitamin C intake...that's all I can think of, feel free to ask if you have any questions! And kudos to you for having the balls to do it! :D

Ok - I'm a part time tattoo artist - so I'll try to explain some. One side of your face at a time is better because your body focuses all it's extra energy to the site of an injury - if you make that two sites - the energy is halved, and the potential for proper healing is halved. Cod liver oil for the a & d is not a bad choice at all. We always use a big tub of A&D Ointment (diaper rash cream) most people do very well with this. When you wash your face, make sure you use a mild soap, cool water, and let your face dry for 10 mn before applying your ointment. Apply the ointment while the skin is still retaining water can cause scabs to slough off before they are ready. The bumpiness is completely normal, and will diminish with time. Take a couple Ibuprofen every few hours to reduce swelling and pain. The colorless liquid was exudate - there may or may not be more. Don't soak. You may want to increase your Vitamin C intake...that's all I can think of, feel free to ask if you have any questions! And kudos to you for having the balls to do it! :D

Hi ayla:

Are there any tattoo machines that you'd particularly recommend for at-home use that don't cost more than $200? I wouldn't trust my face to any of the tattoo parlors around here. I might check into having a permanent makeup artist do it, though. If it costs a lot, no way, I'd rather do it myself.

Hi ayla:

Are there any tattoo machines that you'd particularly recommend for at-home use that don't cost more than $200? I wouldn't trust my face to any of the tattoo parlors around here. I might check into having a permanent makeup artist do it, though. If it costs a lot, no way, I'd rather do it myself.

How's it going? I hope you're continuing to see improvement. Let us know! :)

How's it going? I hope you're continuing to see improvement. Let us know! :)

Yup, it's going okay. Continually massaging the scarred areas for a helps a bit; it kind of inflates it :S I'd have to say around 35% improvement atm. Skin certainly feels thicker/tough.