Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl smooth

Anyone Else Use Mass Amounts of BP?

So I've found recently that the only solution seems to be to put mass amounts of BP on my skin. My current regimen is to dot my face all over with BP (a lot of bp) and rub it in. After that dries, at night I rub in an additional layer of 10% BP.

I've found that this is the only way to keep me from breaking out, and I haven't broken out in a long time now.

However, I am using MASS amounts of bp. For example, I'm almost a week and a half into my tube and its almost done... might not even make it to 2 weeks.

Is this bad for my skin?

My skin does get more flaky than usual... however I am just using more moisturizer to deal with it.

When I use layers of 10%, I don't rub it in all the way, and usually fall asleep while it absorbs into my skin.

Are you using a low-strength BP for all over your face? Which one? Are you using a generous amount like Dan shows for his regimen?

Spot-treating with 10% doesn't really concern me, since you are just dabbing it on individual pimples. You might consider trying an AHA spot treatment like Dan recommends, the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion if the amount of BP is concerning you.