Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fireinthehole

This red mark is driving me crazy!!

Posted

This red mark has been on my face for like 3 months and it doesn't seem like it will ever go away. I have stopped putting BP on it and I use Neutrogena Healthy Face Skin Lotion but that doesn't seem to help even though it's supposed to help with red marks.

What other options is there?? I would be very satisfied with my face if this huge red mark can go away! Heres a pic....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/daz316/redmark1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/daz316/redmark2.jpg

Posted

the fastest solution would be to get vbeam or a chemical peel.. it won't remove the red mark.. but it will help fade it dramatically.. vbeam can get pricey.. chemical peels range up to $100 depending on the number of applications.. i've had the jessner, salicylic, and glycolic chemical peels.. salicylic is great if you're still having break outs.. other options would be tanning and makeup.. tanning would help blend your skin.. and makeup you can conceal..

Posted

hey jeff, do you think peels are better or the vbeam/lasers are better?

are red marks totally removal or will i only be able to improve on them but never be able to take them away?

Posted

My red marks have cleared up tonnes the last couple weeks and the products ive been using are simply salt water & Applying sudocreme to the area at night and wipe it off in the morning [but make sure you wrap a towel around your pillow so it doesnt get all over it ] it has improved a area of my face which was quite red/bad.

Good luck

Posted
My red marks have cleared up tonnes the last couple weeks and the products ive been using are simply salt water & Applying sudocreme to the area at night and wipe it off in the morning [but make sure you wrap a towel around your pillow so it doesnt get all over it ] it has improved a area of my face which was quite red/bad.

Good luck

Posted

A few months ago I had tons of red marks and I was using bp. I stopped bp and started steaming and using aloe vera gel and acv after and now a few months later my redmarks are 95 % gone. They can only be seen up really close but they're small anyway. It took time but things definatly got better when I stopped bp.

Posted

Good luck

how long did you do this?

Posted

but without bp new acne will form and leave new red marks

Posted

where can I get sudocreme?, I'm in the united states.

By the way, when you say salt water, you mean water mixed with salt correct?

Posted

do not stop bp! i know from experience. i stopped bp and my face broke out bad and i have a bunch of new red marks. from years of experience bp does not cause red marks and im not sure if they prolong them either, but it prevents acne in the first place.

Posted
where can I get sudocreme?, I'm in the united states.

By the way, when you say salt water, you mean water mixed with salt correct?

Posted

well, if i was to make a thread like this it would be more like "These red marks are driving me crazy!!" lol

Posted

To the orginal poster, Have you looked in taking B5?

Posted

ACV?

Posted

I took B5, and it broke me out bad. Besides, I didnt like how I had to take 10 pills a day.

Posted

Lol yeah some days when Im "on routine" i would need to take about 15 pills each day. 6-8 pills of vitamin C for a total of 4grams, a zinc, some fishoil, luten, and a multivitamin. Its like im eating them like candy but i cant take them all at once otherwise my stomach will feel like crap and my body will just zone out on me.