Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catrat242

Have any of you had a GOOD experience with Bare Escentuals?

A lot of you are saying you like the mineral veil, but be careful, loose powders that contain cornstartch (which it does) it can aggrevate acne prone skin.

when i first got bare minerals i really liked it, it covered so well.. but then my face broke out worse than it ever has before. all hurty pimples. i never thought that i could be from bare essentials!!! i ran out this winter and used some cover girl stuff for a while, but got more bare minerals when i got money again.. and since then my face has been worse than it ever has before in my entire life. i never even thought of it until now.... that it could be b.e.'s fault. wow. reading this has really opened up my eyes.

but now my question is... what foundations work the best for people with acne?? cause i cant just not wear foundation. too much reddness and embarassment. maybe neutrogena or almay???

Aww, I'm obviously in the minority here, but BE has been the best makeup I've ever used. I can't use liquid foundations because they clog my pores tremendously. BE has never caused irritation or breakouts.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely believe the marketers exaggerate when they say it's "so sheer you can sleep in it." I personally would never dare to sleep in anything that contains cornstarch, such as their Mineral Veil. Also, the Bismuth Oxychloride has never done anything to irritate my skin, but I bloody well wouldn't sleep in the stuff.

I've always had non-inflamed clogged comedones and blackheads on my forehead, but with the right skin regimen, those are lessening day by day. BE has NEVER aggravated them, nor has it ever caused them to spring up. My mum uses BE religiously as well, and she has incredibly oily skin. BE makes her skin look matte and sheer.

I wish the same could be said for everyone on here! :( Apparently it really doesn't work well at all with most people.

Was the devil for me.. BUT my mom and 2 of my best friends swear by it. We all started using it around the same time, so it's been, god.. probably 4 years that they've all been using it with no problems.. bitches. :mad:

A lot of you are saying you like the mineral veil, but be careful, loose powders that contain cornstartch (which it does) it can aggrevate acne prone skin.

I used BE for several months mostly because my fiance (now husband) said I looked so great. I was okay for a while and then I started getting tiny little bumps all over my forhead - I hadnt had bumps there for about 4 years! So, I turned the mineral viel over and saw "corn starch". That stuff feeds yeast and bacteria. So sad, because it really keep me nice and matte all day... Stopped the mineral viel, just put in a major order to EM. I think it is way superior.

My mom never had any skin issues until she tried Bare Minerals (her skin was never too dry, never too oily, never had acne). She loved the stuff for a couple weeks, but then her skin got all dry and itchy and red, yet at the same time, the Bare Minerals began to make her skin look progressively more and more shiny. It took months for her skin to heal and get back to normal.

I inherited my dad's oily, acne-prone skin...

Yep, i wore it for a year and it did not break me out. Then i read posts on here and stopped, swapped foundation to EM and broke out badly. Never went back tho coz i'm scared of all mineral make up now

haha i ask because I see all the reviews like "BE broke out my skin!" or "worst makeup ever!" (i am one of these people btw)

BUT,have any of you had a GOOD experience with Bare Escentuals? Or at least a decant one?

i just wanna take a quick poll :think:

I've been using it a little over a year, and I think it might have helped my skin a little. Before it was really reddish, and once I started using BE it cleared up a little, but I would still break out occasionaly. I figured it was because I'm 15, and that's normal...I took antibiotics for about 3 months and that definatley helped a lot. Sometimes I still break out, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's because of the BE I've been using! The only thing that really bothers me is that when I sweat it kinda just falls off and if I touch it it comes off. Besides that it's been pretty ok.

Wow, I'm shocked to see so many bad experiences from BE. I actually love the stuff and wished I had found it sooner. I've been using it for over four years now. I cannot imagine ever putting on those gunky liquid foundations again. BE is so light and natural and I swear my skin has improved since using it. At first I felt the powder was too sheer but I think its just because I was use to wearing heavier foundation. With time and not much time at all, I adapted to the lighter coverage. Don't care for the eyeshadows and lipsticks much but all the face powders - love it!!! :wub: