Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what kind of high fat meals can help with tan? I think that is where I went wrong .. I do not eat a high fat diet... do you have to get cheeseburgers and pasta every night ?

"Isotretinoin, when administered orally, is best absorbed when taken after a high fat meal, as it has a high level of lipophilicity.In a crossover study, it was found that the peak plasma concentration more than doubled when taken after a high fat meal versus a fasted condition"

Hi...

I dont know about everyone... but i just eat what i eat everyday like rice with meat, vegies... i wont try and stuff my face with all these unhealthy fatty food. occasionally i do have McDonalds and KFC... but not everyday. yeh, seem to absorbed at the normal rate.

I say... u shouldnt worry about what to eat... just keep a healthy diet will do... u dont want to have a cholestrol problem as well.

Take it after you eat a food high in polyunsaturated/monounsaturated fat. For example, avocados or nuts.

Saturated fat = BAD

Mono/polyunsaturated fat = Healthy fat

My derm told me to take it with a meal. The average meal should contain enough fat to allow for thorough absorption of Accutane - it doesn't need to be cheeseburgers. However, if you were taking it just with salad that may be a problem. If you are worried you could try taking it with a tablespoon of flax seed oil or something. Thats a healthy fat ...

^ I always took them after, and it worked. i think it doesn't matter. just take the pill with a meal, it should be fine.

I'm two weeks in, and I've been taking a shot of olive oil with each pill every morning. It takes some getting used to, but it's not too bad in the end.

This is my first post, by the way!

what kind of high fat meals can help with tan? I think that is where I went wrong .. I do not eat a high fat diet... do you have to get cheeseburgers and pasta every night ?

"Isotretinoin, when administered orally, is best absorbed when taken after a high fat meal, as it has a high level of lipophilicity.In a crossover study, it was found that the peak plasma concentration more than doubled when taken after a high fat meal versus a fasted condition"

Guys in the morning I eat three packs of brown sugar oatmeal, and half a glass of milk. Do you think that's good enough?

Guys in the morning I eat three packs of brown sugar oatmeal, and half a glass of milk. Do you think that's good enough?

Yes.

BTW, throw in fish oil. It helps the acne (sometimes, probably not much for us folk), it helps the side effects (sometimes), and it will help keep your triglycerides down (often!). And a bunch of other good things. Plus it's a fat, so voila you have increased absorption.