Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Il be honest

I think i judge people too much on the way they look.Am i alone? of course not. i just feel real guilty for example i was at the ice skating rink i was at and there was a major hottie in a brown top and all the guys were drooling over her.But when i got home i felt like a bastard as i know in that room there dozens of girls with fabulous personalities that i didnt even glance at.I know you shouldnt judge a book by its cover but when the cover is all pretty and beautiful you get attracted obviously.

Im no hottie myself.I look forward to the day i can stop tryna land the 'big fish' and get meself a decent gal who is a caring girl etc.I know im not the only one.Too many of my friends who arent Brad Pitts always act like retards at places when it comes to the hot girl.I tell them at times to stop dreaming and look elsewhere.they wouldnt stand a chance in hell with these babes.

What im tryna say is i hope i can get over this obsession with looks and give that average girl the conversation she deserves and not drool over Kristen Kreuk too much over there.

Dont u think looks count too much.... its the 1st thing we can judge a person by which is too sad :ninja:

i actually have the same problem when i'm with my friends. they would talk shit about how ugly some girls are and then drool over the excessively hot ones who they can't get with. it kinda pisses me off, but i don't want to be a jerk to them (my friends) so i just nod and stuff. oh well

Definitely not being a bastard. It's looks that a lot of the time draw you towards a person and it's the personality that keeps you around.

It's too bad, really.

I'm not really too obsessed with looks, though. I'm such a sucker for someone who can make me laugh. So much so that their appearances don't matter.

Even with myself, I'm not really that critical. There's nothing I particularly fancy about the way I look, but it doesn't affect my mood or the way I function. I can have a good day even if my face isn't.

It depends on the person, I think. Not everyone is so judgemental with visages.

Don't worry, it's human nature. But do try to look past appearance when you can-- after all, no matter how beautiful a girl (or guy) may be, it'll fade eventually. And all that will be left is their personality.

I've been guilty of the same of course.. But I've also been openly attracted to people that others found unattractive, even "ugly". Ah well..

The thing is, when you fall in love that person regardless of what "others" may thing will become hotter than any movie star in your eyes. Just remember that! you WILL land the "big fish" because when you find her she will be YOUR big fish and not everyone's frivial eye candy. Trust me on this one.

Always remember, no matter how incredibly gorgeous she is, no matter how spectacularly, eye-searingly, agonizingly beautiful she may be...

There is some guy somewhere who is sick of her shit.

Always remember, no matter how incredibly gorgeous she is, no matter how spectacularly, eye-searingly, agonizingly beautiful she may be...

:lol: That's hilarious!

I think it's fine to look at hot people, ain't nothing wrong with that! I am female and I check out hot girls all the time, and I am NOT sizing them up, or a lesbian.

Wow, though blunt, that was actually a VERY deep post! :clap: :clap:

Im no hottie myself.I look forward to the day i can stop tryna land the 'big fish' and get meself a decent gal who is a caring girl etc.I know im not the only one.Too many of my friends who arent Brad Pitts always act like retards at places when it comes to the hot girl.I tell them at times to stop dreaming and look elsewhere.they wouldnt stand a chance in hell with these babes.

Way to put you and others down ;o

I agree that its just human nature - nature in general really, look at the way birds etc attract each other - beautiful feathers etc. The important thing is that you don't think less of people who arent so physically attractive. When I met my (now estranged) husband, I was attracted the second I saw him because of this looks, but it wasn't until our first date that I totally fell for him, because he was such a nice, down to earth guy. If he had of acted all arrogant or in some other negative way, I don't think I would have seen him again, regardless of how good-looking he was. Also, sometimes I think its not necessarily about whats attractive, but what is attractive to you. One of my best friends often comments about how some guy is really good looking, but when I see them, I think that I personally wouldn't look twice at them.

It really does depend on the circumstances, I mean if your out to pull someone in a nightclub or bar then pretty much all that will ever matter is appearence because it's not like your going to actually get to know the person in that type of enviroment. It's all relative, the girl I'm seeing now I guess some people wouldnt describe as attractive but to me she looks amazing ... not everyone finds the same things attractive, which is good or a shitload of us would be doomed to remain single forever.

It really does depend on the circumstances, I mean if your out to pull someone in a nightclub or bar then pretty much all that will ever matter is appearence because it's not like your going to actually get to know the person in that type of enviroment. It's all relative anyway, the girl I'm seeing now I guess some people wouldnt describe as attractive in the coventional sense but to me she looks amazing ... not everyone finds the same things attractive, which is good or a shitload of us would be doomed to remain single forever. But you do have to be physically attracted to someone I think for it to work, thats not shallow imo because like I said we all find different things attractive ... so there really is somebody for everyone.

was that a dig at my response? should i be offended? because i was trying to be really supportive in case you didn't read it. If it was meant as a support to the original poster ignore this comment.

I wouldn't feel guilty about it. I don't think there is anything wrong with noticing all the more attractive girls first as it is just part of human nature really. Any red-blooded male will seek out the best lloking girls first, whether they are shallow or not.

However, it is also apparent that you realise just because some people aren't as physically attractive as others doesn't mean they are less attractive in other aspects also. Personality accounts for a lot in a relationship. I mean you could put an exceedingly hot male and female in a room together and they wouldn't necessarily hit it off because they may have vastly different interests, etc. Finding a great partner comes down to much more than just looks. It sounds cheesy but more often than not that has been the case.

was that a dig at my response? should i be offended? because i was trying to be really supportive in case you didn't read it. If it was meant as a support to the original poster ignore this comment.

Nope, not a dig. Just a general observation. But it was also aimed at the original poster. ;)

Nope, not a dig. Just a general observation. But it was also aimed at the original poster. ;)

haha okay. ya its a good observation actually. I think that when i see a lot of very arrogant people who don't seem to have time for anyone else but others who "meet their high standards of beauty" one of these days people are going to get sick of their shit.

Nothing wrong with observing, it's when people let their hormones dictate how they treat others that unfairness arises. This may be somewhat of a generalization, but from my experiences of interacting with them, I find that the 'blond bombshell' types' personalities tend to come off in a very ugly/lazy manner. Mosy likely because guys are often telling them how WONDERFUL they are despite not having lift a finger to deserve the compliment. Goes straight to their head, from what I've seen.

I'm not trying to say it's morally wrong to treat people a certain way based on their looks, I'm just saying that if we stopped, chances are that plenty of people would get a reality check.

BUT with alot of ppl it SIMPLY comes down to appearance.

put it this way.. you see that AMAZING girl and you actually score her.its happend to many.WHILE u are scoring her u Feel like the worlds GREATEST!

Now u meet that decent girl and u start kissing her.Are the hormones raging? NO :(

its just a fact we cannot change.its sad but true.

BUT with alot of ppl it SIMPLY comes down to appearance.

put it this way.. you see that AMAZING girl and you actually score her.its happend to many.WHILE u are scoring her u Feel like the worlds GREATEST!

what is this scoring with hot chicks you speak of

Now u meet that decent girl and u start kissing her.Are the hormones raging? YOU BET

fixed :dance:

Nice but that's just a copy paste job. You see that everywhere regarding posts of girls on the internet.

Nothing wrong with observing, it's when people let their hormones dictate how they treat others that unfairness arises. This may be somewhat of a generalization, but from my experiences of interacting with them, I find that the 'blond bombshell' types' personalities tend to come off in a very ugly/lazy manner. Mosy likely because guys are often telling them how WONDERFUL they are despite not having lift a finger to deserve the compliment. Goes straight to their head, from what I've seen.

I'm not trying to say it's morally wrong to treat people a certain way based on their looks, I'm just saying that if we stopped, chances are that plenty of people would get a reality check.

I always have this whole fantasy about all people becoming blind and experiencing the wolrd without being able to really see people. The results would most likley be chaotic yet interesting at the same time.

You are quite right about a lot of good looking people as well. Now i am not generalizing here but a lot of people that i have met who have girls/guys flocking over them at all times have personalities comparable to a cow's butt. I know beautiful women who are very intelligent but have never had to lift a finger in their lives because they have men who do it for them...all because they are beautiful. But after a while this gets old for thoes doing all the finger lifting and they get fed up.

I myself had the ugly duckling experience...in Jr. high and high school and part of university i was so unfortunate in the way of my looks it is amazing i ever had a boyfriend. My hair was bad, my face was bad, i had gained a lot of weight at one point. I was also made fun of constantly by everyone at school and now i seriously have a complex over it. Every time someone is nice to me or appear to be hitting on me i assume that they are doing it as a joke or because they feel bad for me.

at the age of 24 i have developed into somewhat of a "beautiful person". I dress well, and having bad acne problems has made me more aware of how to take care of myself. People do often tell me that i am beautiful and are amazed that i don't have men falling at my feet. Sadly when i look in the mirror i still see the ugly duckling with a big nose, bad acne, etc. But my past experiences have also shaped the person that i am today and a lot of people are suprised when they talk to me and get to know me to find out that i am a sensative, understanding, nice, good person. All of the guys who were so mean to me in school now regret it.

But i have to admit all of these experiences and i am still a bit superficial. I have to admit that my initial physical response to someone is usually based on their physical attractivness and i most likley wouldn't approach someone to "pick them up" if i didn't find some part of them attratctive. But that isn't to say that i haven't been attracted to people that are the opposite of my type. Due to circumstances i have gotten to know many people who were not what i would consider attractive but for some reason i found myself insanley attracted to them, even more then i have to people who i would normally find attractive on a physical level.

Yeh hot girls are cool...but but fat ones rule! lol

I can honestly say every hot girl ive bin with were air heads to the point you dont even care thyre hot. Yet every girl who thinks there not perfect Ive got on so well with! The bigger their imperfections the more they seem to make up in personality which can be attractive!

Yeh hot girls are cool...but but fat ones rule! lol

I can honestly say every hot girl ive bin with were air heads to the point you dont even care thyre hot. Yet every girl who thinks there not perfect Ive got on so well with! The bigger their imperfections the more they seem to make up in personality which can be attractive!

Geez, why can't all guys be like you? I've gotten to know so many guys who i get along great with but was so afraid that they wouldn't go for me because i have slight imperfections that i've cut off contact with them before they could find out how imperfect i am.