Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I don't really know how to explain this. My face is clear, but I don't know... it's just like.. my skin is all uneven. I suppose, you know, since my skin is "thinner," this could be why, but I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this? I'm just hoping it's not like this forever, because I'd probably have to go through some serious scar treatment bullcrap. It's not really like "ice pick scars," or anything... it's just like my entire face is like... wavy. I'm telling you, I have no idea how to describe this, I'm just hoping some of you have experienced this, and know what I'm talking about.

ALSO! In the event that you DO know what I'm talking about, I'm at the very beginning of my 3rd month on Accutane. Will this go away... ever? Does it usually go away WHILE I'm on Accutane? Or will it go away when I'm off? How long after I'm off? Lol... I don't know. Just let me know!

Okay, I don't really know how to explain this. My face is clear, but I don't know... it's just like.. my skin is all uneven. I suppose, you know, since my skin is "thinner," this could be why, but I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this? I'm just hoping it's not like this forever, because I'd probably have to go through some serious scar treatment bullcrap. It's not really like "ice pick scars," or anything... it's just like my entire face is like... wavy. I'm telling you, I have no idea how to describe this, I'm just hoping some of you have experienced this, and know what I'm talking about.

ALSO! In the event that you DO know what I'm talking about, I'm at the very beginning of my 3rd month on Accutane. Will this go away... ever? Does it usually go away WHILE I'm on Accutane? Or will it go away when I'm off? How long after I'm off? Lol... I don't know. Just let me know!

Wavy, as in weird dents? I have that. :doubt: I don't know how long it'll take for that leave.

Yesss, weird dents... but not really "ice pick," you know?

princesita I am in the same exact situation as you! I'm in my 3rd month as well... I too have this uneven skin right now. It's from the initial breakout. They're all healing and have gone away but the "red marks" are more textured right now, if that makes sense. It hasn't been long enough for the skin to completely heal. But I am also afraid that my skin will stay like this, I really hope not!

I also use jojoba oil as my moisturizer, I like it because it's not greasy, even though it kind of feels like it when you first put it on, but it doesn't clog pores at all and it's actually very good for your skin. I've also read that vitamic C and E are very good for your skin so I've been drinking this stuff called Emergen-C, it's loaded with vitamic C and other vitamins.

Anyhoo, if anyone else experienced this and has some answers as to how their skin turned out that would be great.

princesita I am in the same exact situation as you! I'm in my 3rd month as well... I too have this uneven skin right now. It's from the initial breakout. They're all healing and have gone away but the "red marks" are more textured right now, if that makes sense. It hasn't been long enough for the skin to completely heal. But I am also afraid that my skin will stay like this, I really hope not!

I also use jojoba oil as my moisturizer, I like it because it's not greasy, even though it kind of feels like it when you first put it on, but it doesn't clog pores at all and it's actually very good for your skin. I've also read that vitamic C and E are very good for your skin so I've been drinking this stuff called Emergen-C, it's loaded with vitamic C and other vitamins.

Anyhoo, if anyone else experienced this and has some answers as to how their skin turned out that would be great.

Actually I woke up this morning and noticed my forehead had some uneven pigmentation. I'm on my third month now and it scared da hell outta me. I was gonna go to the doctors to check it out but it kinda faded away during the day...

Anyways, thanx for making a post because I was gonna do it today if you hadnt done so! =D But it seems like not many people know why this occurs. I'll just pray 2nite, hoping it'll go away forever. =/

Actually I woke up this morning and noticed my forehead had some uneven pigmentation. I'm on my third month now and it scared da hell outta me. I was gonna go to the doctors to check it out but it kinda faded away during the day...

Anyways, thanx for making a post because I was gonna do it today if you hadnt done so! =D But it seems like not many people know why this occurs. I'll just pray 2nite, hoping it'll go away forever. =/

What about Retinol creams...anyone using that for uneven skin and marks?

I'm using one from Nuetrogena during the day, & jojoba oil at night.

I've actually been using Retin-A (topical retinoid) and it's acutally really helping fade my red marks.

I know I shouldnt be using it because im on accutane, but i tried it out for a few weeks and my skin is only getting better....

If your thinking bout trying it out i suggest the following;

-Apply really really thin layer! i actually found it more effective then applying to much because my skin just became satured with the gel if its too thick

-Right after applying the thin layer i used a thin coat of moisturizer...(aloe vera! i think the combination aloevera&Retin-A is the most effective for fading red markz)

-Avoid putting the gel on active pimplez (it doest help them)