Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone. My name's Emily, I'm 16, and I've been coming to this site on and off for a few months, but just decided to register. Well, here's a short case history: I started to break out around fifth-sixth grade, and eighth to ninth grade, it was really bad. I hated walking down the hallways at school. Then in the summer before tenth grade, my friend suggested ProAcne, which worked wonders for me, and my school photo proves it.

Then unfortunately I found out that it was being discontinued, blah blah blah, and that AcneFree was taking its place. I was really skeptical, but I tried it anyways, and it definitely didn't work as well as ProAcne. But since I don't have a job (I'm in the process of getting one), and my parents aren't understanding when it comes to acne, I don't have the ability to buy ProActive, which I've heard from this site and from others that it's shit anyway.

I also can't afford to go to a dermatologist, which means no accutane. I would say I have mild acne, mostly scarring on my cheeks, my forehead isn't too bad. I'm still using AcneFree because so far it's the best thing I've got, and nothing else I've tried, besides ProAcne, works to at least keep my acne SOMEWHAT in check.

So, the point I'm getting at is I want to try some of the things people on here have suggested. I have found this website to be a blessing :) It's always so great to know other people are going through the same thing.

So I'm planning on fixing my diet, drinking more green tea, trying the honey-cinnamon mask, staying away from coffee, and buying some of the moisturizes that have been recommended on here. Just wanted to post this and hopefully get some feedback or advice or just general support. :)

I've also added some pictures...the first one is my school picture from tenth grade (the grade I'm currently in). That was when I was using ProAcne. The others were taken after I had gotten out of the shower, no makeup, after using AcneFree.

:( I hate how the camera makes it look so much worse, because when I look in the mirror, it honestly doesn't look that bad.

The thing I hate is the support I DON'T get from my mom. She always says it's just a phase and that I'll grow out of it, but she's never had acne, so she doesn't understand just how hard it is to deal with. But everyone on here DOES understand, which is why I love coming here.

Thanks for reading!

2-1.jpgac4.jpg

ac3.jpgac2.jpg

ac.jpg

Hi Emily! I couldnt pull your pics up so can you tell us what kind of acne you have? Is it small bumps? whiteheads? large and inflamed? What areas do you have it? Have you tried any over the counter treatments? Benxoyl Peroxide? AHA's? etc? This will better help everyone who wants to give you advice.

I am all for personalizing your own regimen but its alot of trial and error. Changing your diet and drinking green tea is a good start. I dont know anything about the honey-cinnamon mask so I wont knock it but I will tell you to be leary of home remedies. I know they work for some people but that seems to be a small percentage compared to the number of people that home remedies dont work for including myself.

The first week I started coming to this website, I read a couple posts about people using baking soda and vinegar on their skin so I decided to try it. Bad idea! My skin broke out not to mention how dry and red it was afterwards. Needless to say, that was the end of home remedies for me.

Thirty seven days ago I started Dans regimen and I am now happy to say that my skin has cleared up beautifully. I have a couple small pimples that are nearly gone but considering that my whole jawline was broke out horribly when I started, two pimples isnt anything. I followed the regimen exactly as Dan recommended and I contribute my almost clear skin to the regimen. I would and do recommend it to anyone. Even if you have tried BP before, you probably havent used it the way Dan says. I used BP for years to spot treat but it wasnt until the regimen that it actually worked for me.

Give the honey cinnamon mask a try and if it doesnt work out then come back and let everyone know and we will help you get started on the regimen if you would like to try it. Good luck! Lorrie

Spots or no spots, you are gorgeous... stay confident and positive and you can find a way to beat acne I believe.

Hi Emily! I couldnt pull your pics up so can you tell us what kind of acne you have? Is it small bumps? whiteheads? large and inflamed? What areas do you have it? Have you tried any over the counter treatments? Benxoyl Peroxide? AHA's? etc? This will better help everyone who wants to give you advice.

I am all for personalizing your own regimen but its alot of trial and error. Changing your diet and drinking green tea is a good start. I dont know anything about the honey-cinnamon mask so I wont knock it but I will tell you to be leary of home remedies. I know they work for some people but that seems to be a small percentage compared to the number of people that home remedies dont work for including myself.

The first week I started coming to this website, I read a couple posts about people using baking soda and vinegar on their skin so I decided to try it. Bad idea! My skin broke out not to mention how dry and red it was afterwards. Needless to say, that was the end of home remedies for me.

Thirty seven days ago I started Dans regimen and I am now happy to say that my skin has cleared up beautifully. I have a couple small pimples that are nearly gone but considering that my whole jawline was broke out horribly when I started, two pimples isnt anything. I followed the regimen exactly as Dan recommended and I contribute my almost clear skin to the regimen. I would and do recommend it to anyone. Even if you have tried BP before, you probably havent used it the way Dan says. I used BP for years to spot treat but it wasnt until the regimen that it actually worked for me.

Give the honey cinnamon mask a try and if it doesnt work out then come back and let everyone know and we will help you get started on the regimen if you would like to try it. Good luck! Lorrie

It's pretty much small bumps and whiteheads. Luckily I don't have cysts and nothing is inflamed. Mostly I have scarring on my left cheek, and I break out mostly on my forehead, but that's getting better. And my skin is really oily. All the things I read about Dan's regimen were really positive, and I'm seriously considering it, plus hearing your story helps further my decision. I think I've used BP before, because the treatment I'm using says it has time-released BP...? I'm not really sure. And I haven't really explored the over the counter treatments, everything is centered around money and I've never really looked into it.

My sister's manager says that he'll be setting me up for a job interview soon, so I don't have to worry about asking my mom for the money, haha. The Regimen really does sound like it's a great thing, so I think I will really give it a try.

Thanks so much!

Spots or no spots, you are gorgeous... stay confident and positive and you can find a way to beat acne I believe.

Thank you! That's so nice.