Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justinberger

Layer Of Fat Missing Under our scars

Is there any sorta filler that will add the volume we lost in our scars to, that will plump it back up again there has to be something....permanent..it's 2007 we're so advanced in medicine yet we cant create a filler that doesnt dissolve to fill up our scars and not worry about them?

Is there any sorta filler that will add the volume we lost in our scars to, that will plump it back up again there has to be something....permanent..it's 2007 we're so advanced in medicine yet we cant create a filler that doesnt dissolve to fill up our scars and not worry about them?

yeah, seriously....frustrating as hell to think that we can clone huamns but can't fix a measly little scar. :doubt:

yeah, seriously....frustrating as hell to think that we can clone huamns but can't fix a measly little scar. :doubt:

sigh.. it's like MD's don't really care they create stuff that isnt even permanent or not a dramatic change it's bullshit everyone is out for money, they do that on purpose so you'll keep coming back for treatments, noone truly cares

sigh.. it's like MD's don't really care they create stuff that isnt even permanent or not a dramatic change it's bullshit everyone is out for money, they do that on purpose so you'll keep coming back for treatments, noone truly cares

It seems doctors in general put what they deem "cosmetic issues" on the back burner, basically because they don't feel they're as important as other issues. I can understand that acne/scarring isn't life-threatening, but in a way, it is. It ruins people's lives for years and even causes some people to take their own lives. I basically had a doctor laugh at me last week when I told her all the shit I'd been through with my skin and all the money I'd spent.

I don't understand why they couldn't develop a product similar to Botox, but for scars. A type of filler that you inject...

Think about the fact that 20 years ago there was pretty much NOTHING you could do though until dermabrasion really. think of how many people have suffered far worse that we have with absolutely no hope. maybe letting go is easier than holding on but either way it isn't easy. The world and its hygiene has dramatically improved over the last 25 + years and less and less people, I think, are dealing with this nowadays, so while there are less people needing help there is higher demand. I think there seems to be more emphasis on prevention than treatment.

However, I want treatment I think there should be so... I don't know how to answer the question, but I realised recently that not just rolling scars cause a depression in your skin, or what give your skin a deflated look it is all scars which I guess could benifit from a small amount of filler. I would like to know whether something is going to work though before I let a dr. pump something in my skin. Especially if I am paying a lot of money for it and it sucks, despite the fact that it may not be a permanent one.

If they find some treatment that actually lived up to all the promises they will lose money so what they do is they superhype up these treatments and make false promises and they KNOW we will go for it every single time. URGH!

If they find some treatment that actually lived up to all the promises they will lose money so what they do is they superhype up these treatments and make false promises and they KNOW we will go for it every single time. URGH!

Yeah it's kinda sad that it's 2007 and nothing has come up for scars yet they can clone and create smaller cellphones by everymonth or so. I guess it's like how they haven't come up with anything to make people taller.

I went into the docs once for a tetnace show and i told him i was going into a dermo.. he ask why.. i told him.. he said "ha ha, maybe we should be spening money on your head not ur skin.. theres nothing wrong with ur skin"

pffft, -

ive had about 5 cosmoderm injections.. they work really good.. but sometimes they over full and your skin can look bumpy.. expecially if 1 scar is over filled and one isnt filled properly...

i find ice pic scars dont work that well with dermal fillers...rolling works very good...only lasts a few months though.

I went into the docs once for a tetnace show and i told him i was going into a dermo.. he ask why.. i told him.. he said "ha ha, maybe we should be spening money on your head not ur skin.. theres nothing wrong with ur skin"

pffft, -

ive had about 5 cosmoderm injections.. they work really good.. but sometimes they over full and your skin can look bumpy.. expecially if 1 scar is over filled and one isnt filled properly...

i find ice pic scars dont work that well with dermal fillers...rolling works very good...only lasts a few months though.