Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philMensa

$$$$ How do u PAY for your TREATMENTS???

Wow! I am BROKE after paying for my needling, Smoothbeam and other treatments. I just signed up for a 5 session Smoothbean full face session and am broke!!

How do all of us do it?

Pls put is as treatments/ Cost/ way to pay for it

I'll start:

Phil -- Minneapolis, MN

Doing Smoothbeam 5 treatments & 1 Microderm with Jessner Peel ($1000)

*Ouch to $$$*

Paid for it through Checking Acct savings (otherwords, I broke and need to recycle gifts for [email protected][email protected]!)

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

2 smoothbeams this year so far at $250 each. Plan on doing 2-3 more next year. Pay it as I go in full for each.

The thing that you watch out for is the 'small' stuff like papaya peel..$20...Retina micro...$50...vitamins...$30...all adds up.

so far

2 needling seassions = $180

1 Smoothbeam = $270

Iam not rich or anything but i would dish out alot of money to eliminate or reduce my scarring, its very important to me. I have just started and things looking good hopefully in a year it will be over with

Well, scar revision can be very expensive!!

3-5 years ago, I paid around £700 (US$1,000) and had 12 microdermabrasions and 8 glycolic peels at a beauty clinic - what a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't afford to do much for a year or so, but eventually found boards like this and spent a whole load of money on supplements. I guess I must be spending around £100 (US$160?) a month on getting the right supplements in me..

As for topical scar/skin treatments - the puredeming IG is the most expensive I use, and I've decided that I'm going to only use that for a few days a month. Lactic peels last for ages and are well worth it.. emu and jojoba oil are staples but last a long time too.. other stuff like mandelic and retin-a-micro I use only now and again.. so I think my topical regime is cheapish..

As for the more serious scar treatments, well, I think I've been lucky (also created my own luck):

I volunteered to be the guinea pig for skin needling at an aestheticians clinic - so got 2 lots of needling (worth £250 a time) for free ..

Then I contacted Dr Chu directly (it was pure luck that he picked up his secretarys phone) and he agreed to see me for free ( I think I'm on his clinical trial list) - and with him I have had 4 NLites, 2 lots of excision and some subcision. I can't afford to pay, I am broke most of the time.

Maya: Wow! You are really a troopper. How do you talk your way into free treatments with Chu and the Needling Sessions? I want free NLITE too.

SilentTX: $180 for 2 treatments for needling is CHEAP! How much improvement have you seen and what kind of scars? I wonder how many treatments I should have of needling. Is 2 enough?

OK here goes...I think I may have been nuts but....

Phil, Age MidTwenties, Minneapolis, MN

Spent $1000 on 12 microderms (helped a little)

Spent $390 on 1 pulsed dye test spot (scar swelled and then SUNK and got DEEPER)

Here are my future treatments...

I just signed up for 10 SMOOTHBEAM TREATMENTS FOR 2004!!!

And 2 Needling...wish me luck

IS THIS CRAZY OR WHAT??

And I just use my Check Card to pay for it...which means I am so broke I have to pack lunches almost everyday. After spending the Smoothbeam package, I looked at my checking and saw $56 in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will need some $$$ from my parents, especially since I will be going to Asia in February 2004 for some cosmetic surgery (little nip and tuck).

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

The best price haggling I've ever done was using our collective research from here in bringing down the SB price from $400 to $250 (I think I saved some money for Smilingeyes too since we go to the same derm biggrin.gif). I hinted my derm for a free hydroquinone due to my hyperpigmentation, he didn't do it. Just gave me a prescription for it.

Maya: Wow! You are really a troopper. How do you talk your way into free treatments with Chu and the Needling Sessions? I want free NLITE too.

This stuff is expensive! I just paid $750 for 16 excisions. If this works out good, then I will have it done again and then have some resurfacing done. I am a nurse so I pick up a few extra shifts and put the money back for my treatments.