Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Visit to plastic surgeon

Ok i went to visit a plastic surgeon recently about this scar i have which has always annoyed me (chicken pox scar on forehead). This guy has been doing stuff for my family for a while, eg removed a cancerous mole from my sisters eyebrow line which healed great. Gave my mother that eyelift for older women, forgot the name of surgery. Anyway u get the idea that he would be honest with me.

So i go in there and he tells me the options, i could get it excised but he doesn't recommend it due to my "peaches and cream" compexion, inject it with restalyne (i already had that done, it didn't work at all) or inject it with fat. I asked him to give it to me straight what he thought my chances were and honestly he said "not alot of research has gone into treating depressed scarring so any results u do see will be very minimal".

So basically i get the impression after seeing this guy and a dermatologist who gave me a similar impression without saying it is that once u get scarring your fucked. This really pisses me off so much, i am not trying to sound up myself but compared to the general populace i am quite good looking but these ugly men and women with big noses and no chins and all other ailments can get their problem fixed but some scarring seems to be completely beyond them!!!

Sorry if this gets anyone feeling down and also that its so long but i have to get this off my chest. Why is scarring like some sort of major difficulty for these doctors, more ppl in the world must have scarring than those with horrible noses or lack of defined cheekbones. It seems unbelieveable that in 2007 there is still no real answer.

At least he's honest w/ you. Would you rather he sell you an expensive treatment that wouldn't work out? As far as your complaint, everyone here sympathizes with you, believe me. But instead of complaining, why not do something about it? Experiment with your scars, go to med school, do some research, etc etc. Take some action and save the pity party.

If it's just one on the forehead count yourself lucky. It is sad that we can't get them all fixed though. Maybe try botox on the forehead, heard that helps scars there.

Guest Grow To Overthrow
This really pisses me off so much, i am not trying to sound up myself but compared to the general populace i am quite good looking but these ugly men and women with big noses and no chins and all other ailments can get their problem fixed but some scarring seems to be completely beyond them!!!

i also have a chicken pox scar on my forehead which is the least of my worries but it is probably simlar to yours. I do think you could probably make it better however not perfect. I was thinking that if I ever get to a level of improvement on my other scars that I would try fixing that one. I also think fillers are kind of hit or miss from what I've read, in that the injector must be experienced to be able to get the best results.

I dont mean to sound like a whiny bitch, i was having one of those days yesterday where everything was going wrong and well im sure most of u have been there before, sweeping im glad he was honest with me but the truth hurts thanks for your advice i will keep looking, i know ppl here have more serious problems but i guess they can deal with it better. To grow in looking back on the post you are right, i had a very specific person in mind when i was talking about ugly ppl with big noses and weak chins who get surgery specifically this girl from hs who was a cruel bitch to me and anyone else she felt she could harass who got that surgery.

Normally i wouldn't criticise like that but it just kind of built up, tricia and unhappenstance thanks for the advice also. All u guys seem to handle scars really well, i dont know how u do it but it is admirable.

I rather doubt Grow To Overthrow is truly "disappointed" at your lack of humility and in reality should work to display some of their own. You've been kind to apologize for feeling disheartened about your scar, however minor it may be to others.

In reading and reading and reading about scar treatment, I have come to believe the problem lies with the nature of skin. Skin is simply not easily repaired if the healing properties of a scab are somehow interferred with. A blemish or wrinkle in skin is just not something that can be ironed away or sandpapered smooth. It's too bad, but it's just the nature of skin and therefore you have to make the best of it, come to terms with it, learn to live with it... because there are certain things that can't be changed and that's just another fact of life.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments and please know WE FEEL THE SAME WAY! :(

Good luck,

Ruthie

My scar is what compels me to go into dermatology and pharmacy. It feels like no one else cares, so I have to do the research on my own. Anyway, you don't have to be a derm. to find a treatment, start reading tons of books on dermatology and maybe you'll figure it out on your own. Just remember to share ;)

one very big reason I don't respond to these scar posts is that ///am I talking to a guy or girl?

The remedy depends on that.

The reason there haven't been any major advances in the the treatment of depressed scars is that they are not just scars (or marks), they are mini amputations. There are advances being made in limb regeneration and that is where the hope lies. Yes, you can puff a depressed scar up with a filler, or you can sand/laser down the skin around it to level it out, but what is really needed is the re-opening of the bio-electric pathways that allow the body to get the cells it is creating to their rightful and perfect place in every location in your body, including your skin. If you are interested in the real research that is being done, don't focus on plastic surgery or dermatology, focus on limb regeneration.

Collagen growth is just the beginning. It's like saying you have a brick house with a hole in it and saying you need clay...well yes that's true. However ,you need the clay baked into bricks and then you need mortor to set the bricks and you need the underlying structure and foundation to have the bricks sit on. Plus there are many different types of collagen. If you have missing tissue you need every missing type of cell replaced and put in the correct order.

its a piece of skin; i think there's a lot more hope there than in regrowing an appendage, which then yeah, your train of thought makes perfect sense, but i do think on the smaller scale the body DOES have the ability to repair itself with help from some of the current treatments.

The current technology does not really work if it can't even eliminate one single chicken pox scar. There are treatments that will improve the appearance of scars and fill in tissue deficits, but by no means are they reliable and they are not regeneration. I truly believe though that within the next few years scar treatments with REAL results will be available.

I've seen pictures of people who were improved by treatments but I haven't seen reliable and completely satisfactory treatment. If you have, I'd love to see the pictures.

The current technology does not really work if it can't even eliminate one single chicken pox scar. There are treatments that will improve the appearance of scars and fill in tissue deficits, but by no means are they reliable and they are not regeneration. I truly believe though that within the next few years scar treatments with REAL results will be available.

ok course not, that's why one practices medicine... there isn't one cure all treatment; just because you may or may not have found something that works for you does not mean it doesn't exist. if i start pointing out examples then i tie myself to those example. instead, from what ive seen, read and experienced, one can attain results that are satisfactory, and with my final post, i wish you all the best of luck and Blessings.

ok course not, that's why one practices medicine... there isn't one cure all treatment; just because you may or may not have found something that works for you does not mean it doesn't exist. if i start pointing out examples then i tie myself to those example. instead, from what ive seen, read and experienced, one can attain results that are satisfactory, and with my final post, i wish you all the best of luck and Blessings.

HEY!!! THIS COULD BE VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU SO PLEASE READ!! IF YOU HAVE CHICKEN POX SCARS OR DEPESSED INDENTED SCARS THEN PLEASE READ!!!

I have(had) about 10 chicek pox scars on my face, so I was really depressed. I wisited a plastic surgent about 2 years ago, he said the same thing, and he could do nothing to help, then about 1 month ago I visited another plastic surjent, and he gave me GREAT NEW!!!!!

I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY!!!

Here is the perfect treatment fot chicken pox scars!!! My doctor recomended cutting them out, since they had hyperpigmented scar tissue on the pottom of the pit, and sewing them back up to make a flat small scar the diameter of the previous scar. So it will be flat, and much less noticable.

I got this done yesterday!!! I also got two old scars from an old surgery removed by the same meathod. Tomorrow I get the stiches out and some derma glue put on, it looks nice right not. So I will post results up soon!!!

Now you may ask me how to remove the other scars, the new ones from this surgery. Since I wanted flawless skin, my doctor recomended getting eather a series of microdermabrasions, a series of chemical peels or a laser skin resurfasing done in about 6 months, so on christmas break they will remove every single scar completly, or almost so.

I recomend you ask other doctors, make sure they are sertified, and wait till you find the one that recomends this treatment, cause for chicken pox scars this is the one to do,, its called SCAR EXISION. Why should you wait for a doctor to recomend it to you? Because that would mean that he can do it, and that he is confident about this treatment.

Now i live in Shreveport, Louisiana and I got my surgery done by Dr. John P. Valiulis, a certified plastic surgent, he is really good, and nice, so look for a doctor that is certified and one that you feel comfortable with.

If you have any questions email me at [email protected]

I hope I helped!!

well my man there is still hope www.epione.com look at the acne and scars revision. this is were celebrities go. its about 7,000 for two treatments . and only little down time and in two weeks you see results. its in beverly hills , califronia . give it a chance these guys invented the laser and that is the last result. if it dose not work then we are all fucked in this world. ask for a free cd when you call but first visit website.