Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just another question Jeff. Was your skin cooled before they zapped you? I think my derm may not indeed have the latest vbeam with the DCD. Not sure if im going to have a really bad treatment without the cooling tip.

Just another question Jeff. Was your skin cooled before they zapped you? I think my derm may not indeed have the latest vbeam with the DCD. Not sure if im going to have a really bad treatment without the cooling tip.

the article in new york times magazine said fraxel is what you want to use for scarring.. theres one place in denver i know who does fraxel.. and its $800.. i looked at pictures online of before and after for fraxel and i wasn't really impressed with the results.. so i went with vbeam.. i'm gonna need another laser treatment because i have new red marks from new breakouts.. i have to see my derm soon so i'll ask her about fraxel and see what she says..

yeah my skin was cooled with dcd right before getting zapped.. the purpose of the dcd is to cool the skin before getting zapped to decrease pain.. so i don't think it will effect the results.. if anything it will effect your pain tolerance..

Yeah, V-Beam rocks!

Got 30-40% red mark improvement just after 10 days!! I think it is worthwhile than taking medication and wait a year. You might have spent this sum of money for V-beam and healed much quicker. (I mean in Bangkok)

the article in new york times magazine said fraxel is what you want to use for scarring.. theres one place in denver i know who does fraxel.. and its $800.. i looked at pictures online of before and after for fraxel and i wasn't really impressed with the results.. so i went with vbeam.. i'm gonna need another laser treatment because i have new red marks from new breakouts.. i have to see my derm soon so i'll ask her about fraxel and see what she says..

yeah my skin was cooled with dcd right before getting zapped.. the purpose of the dcd is to cool the skin before getting zapped to decrease pain.. so i don't think it will effect the results.. if anything it will effect your pain tolerance..

supposedly fraxel can stop acne breakouts, but it tends to get worse before it gets better. what pics did you look at that were not impressive?? the pics on www.fraxel.com and other sites show amazing improvement!

supposedly fraxel can stop acne breakouts, but it tends to get worse before it gets better. what pics did you look at that were not impressive?? the pics on www.fraxel.com and other sites show amazing improvement!

Today was one of the shittiest days of my life. Its been awhile since Ive used some weed but I was in a group and somebody lit one up so I inhaled quite a bit. About half an hour later I was pretty high and whenever i look at a mirror or something reflective like a window when Im crossing the street my red marks show up so much and my eyes just cant stop but focus on those little indents and that one large carter scar on my cheeks... I feel so discouraged, like this vbeam thing wont really help me, yeah sure it can take out the redness but I would still feel like a freak with the shadow casted on the 5-6 scars that I have......

With my face always covered up in sunscreen in fear that I may worsen my marks and make them even more permanent or even lead to scarring, I feel like so incompatiable of ever being happy. Sitting at my friends place while I was high I start to overanalyze things, I can see that my friends try not to look at me for very long or look my way when I stare into them, I feel so hideous, like they probably mentions how I have these marks on my cheeks that none of them are lucky to have.

I think I'll need to start pushing myself soon. Spend the next 6 months doing treatments and until that I will focus on nothing else with my time. Hopefully Ill come out of the treatments with great results rather than disappointment and the possiblity of even worser skin.

for those who have gotten Vbeam did your praents have to sign anything if you were underage before they would do it? thanks

for those who have gotten Vbeam did your praents have to sign anything if you were underage before they would do it? thanks

if you're underage i think you need parental consent.. there was a liability consent form i had to initial off in case the procedure went wrong so i wouldn't be able to sue them.. if you're underage and in america you need parental approval for everything

Today was one of the shittiest days of my life. Its been awhile since Ive used some weed but I was in a group and somebody lit one up so I inhaled quite a bit. About half an hour later I was pretty high and whenever i look at a mirror or something reflective like a window when Im crossing the street my red marks show up so much and my eyes just cant stop but focus on those little indents and that one large carter scar on my cheeks... I feel so discouraged, like this vbeam thing wont really help me, yeah sure it can take out the redness but I would still feel like a freak with the shadow casted on the 5-6 scars that I have......

With my face always covered up in sunscreen in fear that I may worsen my marks and make them even more permanent or even lead to scarring, I feel like so incompatiable of ever being happy. Sitting at my friends place while I was high I start to overanalyze things, I can see that my friends try not to look at me for very long or look my way when I stare into them, I feel so hideous, like they probably mentions how I have these marks on my cheeks that none of them are lucky to have.

I think I'll need to start pushing myself soon. Spend the next 6 months doing treatments and until that I will focus on nothing else with my time. Hopefully Ill come out of the treatments with great results rather than disappointment and the possiblity of even worser skin.

i hate getting so high that i see how ugly i am..

thats good that you're looking at it as a motivator for improvement..

don't let it get you down.. there's always room for improvement.. you just have to be willing to notice and accept the improvements.. i think you should do vbeam.. and i'm telling you that levulan peel made a big difference.. i mean i could've just had the vbeam alone and stopped there.. but i took it a step further and had a levulan peel on top of the vbeam..

don't just go through the motions in life.. make every moment in life the best you can.. otherwise whats the point of life..

i hate getting so high that i see how ugly i am..

thats good that you're looking at it as a motivator for improvement..

don't let it get you down.. there's always room for improvement.. you just have to be willing to notice and accept the improvements.. i think you should do vbeam.. and i'm telling you that levulan peel made a big difference.. i mean i could've just had the vbeam alone and stopped there.. but i took it a step further and had a levulan peel on top of the vbeam..

don't just go through the motions in life.. make every moment in life the best you can.. otherwise whats the point of life..

thanks for the encouragement. Right now im in between school and a job so i cant fully dedicate myself to fixing this problem but i have good help from my folks so hopefully within this year i can resolve this problem. just cant wait to try vbeam next month when im free. hopefully ill recover quickly from the bruising that the tech will give me.

can you use glycolic acid inbetween the lasers? like lotion and stuff liek that or no?

I'm somewhat confused. I've had vbeam before, and i've never peeled from it, actually its not suppose to cause peeling. Its non-ablative laser. Are you sure you had vbeam?

thanks for the encouragement. Right now im in between school and a job so i cant fully dedicate myself to fixing this problem but i have good help from my folks so hopefully within this year i can resolve this problem. just cant wait to try vbeam next month when im free. hopefully ill recover quickly from the bruising that the tech will give me.

yeah i hope you have good results.. take before and after pictures.. so you can see the improvement.. i forget how much improvement i've had..

can you use glycolic acid inbetween the lasers? like lotion and stuff liek that or no?

what do you mean by inbetween the lasers?

i went back on my glycolic scrub two weeks after my treatment

lesson learned. DONT SMOKE WEED! it'll make you think way too much and make you depressed. The last time i smoked was nov 2005 and my red marks were horrible then...i remember thinking about how ugly i look and how depressed i got, that was the last time i ever smoked weed...dont do it!!!

Haha no man it was just a really intense trip that i had. Usually when im a little bit buzzed im fine, in fact it makes me much more happier because i can ignore all of my flaws temporarily. But yeah, last week when I took that deep puff, the only puff I had in 3 months, I didnt feel so good afterwards.... I felt like total shit, couldnt even stop staring at the mirror, my scars/redmakrs stuck out so much, it was unbelievable.

well im sure i will need more than 1 treatment of vbeam to get the results i want, so dont they space the lasers out a couple weeks? could i use glycolic acid inbetween the sessions?

So jeff, how are the results so far compared to your pretreatment? Any negative side effects? Hopefully the reduction in redness is permanent. When are you planning to go at it again?

well im sure i will need more than 1 treatment of vbeam to get the results i want, so dont they space the lasers out a couple weeks? could i use glycolic acid inbetween the sessions?

my derm is spacing my treatments out a couple months.. mainly because i had a deep levulan peel.. and it removed my epidermal skin layer.. but if you're just getting vbeam alone i think you can use the glycolic.. check with your derm first though.. they may recommend something else..

So jeff, how are the results so far compared to your pretreatment? Any negative side effects? Hopefully the reduction in redness is permanent. When are you planning to go at it again?

no negative side-effects.. and i just took new pictures today! and you know what i was really impressed! my skin didn't look as bad as i thought! anyway i'll post the new pictures today or tomorrow.. i've been moving into a new aprartment all week and work is just piling up.. so i'll do a new before and after set :chuck:

no negative side-effects.. and i just took new pictures today! and you know what i was really impressed! my skin didn't look as bad as i thought! anyway i'll post the new pictures today or tomorrow.. i've been moving into a new aprartment all week and work is just piling up.. so i'll do a new before and after set :chuck:

Thanks for all the help. Good to hear that your results are sticking after a month since treatment. Im keeping my fingers crossed for a successful treatment a month from now.

here are the updated pictures as of 5/21/07.. sorry it took so long :chuck:

left side

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/JJe...eforeafter2.jpg

right side

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/JJe...eforeafter2.jpg

Hey on your left side picture, is that redmarks or brownmarks? I noticed just a couple of pimples there but is that area where it looks red/brownish hyperpigmentation? I am askign this because I look similar to you on my left sides of the face. I'm confused if thats red or brown marks.