Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xec

Zinc users help me!!

Im thinking about purchasing tablets of 50mg zinc each

Did zinc help you clear up? Do you take copper with it to aid absorption, if so, how much? My Multivitamin has 13% RDA of copper, is that enough? I cant find a copper only supplement, but zinc only there is alot of!

Any other suggestions or issues are greatly appreciated!

I take 60mg of Zinc a day. My pill has copper in it already. YES!! Zinc does work especially if you have a Zinc deficiency. It cleared up my nose and forehead. I still have trouble with my chin and cheeks. Try taking the Zinc on an empty stomach, if you have pain eat something quick right after.

Good luck to you ;)

thanks

How fast did u notice results? Are you SURE zinc was the source of your clear up?

Yes I'm sure, My diet is also very good so i'm not eating anything that breaks me out right now. If I took Zinc then went to McDonalds to order a large fries with a milk shake I doubt the Zinc will work. I have noticed when I go a long time without Zinc cysts start to form on my forehead and nose. I notice this and emediatly go back to Zinc. Ive been on Zinc about a couple years now and its done its job.

Thanks alot, you take one a day right? That's a good company too and a cheap price! And it has copper in it too! perfect! i think im gonna order it soon...250 caps for 11-12 bucks

There is quite a bit of research supporting zinc's effects on clearing acne. It is antiinflamatory, and helps your skin heal.

im going to start Zinc again later...

you should take it with a meal, because taking zinc on empty stomach can cause upset stomach

The copper in your multi-vitamin should be sufficient. You only need 2 mg and thats what most multi-vitamins contain. The recommended dosage of Zinc when treating acne is 100mg. And yes Zinc will upset most peoples stomach when taken on an empty stomach. Take it with a meal just to be safe. Lorrie

The copper in your multi-vitamin should be sufficient. You only need 2 mg and thats what most multi-vitamins contain. The recommended dosage of Zinc when treating acne is 100mg. And yes Zinc will upset most peoples stomach when taken on an empty stomach. Take it with a meal just to be safe. Lorrie

can you reference that claim Lorrie? that sounds very high.

the dv/rdi for zinc is only about 15mg, and i understand that in doses higher than 50mg per day, it then begins to have negative effects on other things like the absorption of minerals such as iron (hence the 2mg copper requirement to assist with iron absorption). i have been supplementing with 25mg per day for a while now and have found it to be more than adequate in addressing my zinc deficiency and consequently keeping me mostly acne free.

i think people need to be aware that there is a danger in having more than is necessary, as its not water soluble so it will accumulate in body tissue and can bring about the same health problems over time that the right amount can assist with, ie impaired immune function and skin problems. too much zinc is just as harmful as not enough..

thanks for such a detailed answer Lorrie, and dont apologise for the extra info.. better too much than too little imo. its nice to hear it from someone who knows what they're talking about

Males need more Zinc than females. Females need more Iron. True?

These are the Zinc pills i have at the moment, does anyone believe these will be very good for helping with acne? I have just started taking B5 so i stopped taking the Zinc as i was scared it would effect the B5.

Im taking zinc and b5 at the mo do they affect each other cos i was thinking of stopping the zinc too??

also is it better to take on an empty stomach??

These are the Zinc pills i have at the moment, does anyone believe these will be very good for helping with acne? I have just started taking B5 so i stopped taking the Zinc as i was scared it would effect the B5.

I don't think it will effect the B5. Hows your b5 going?

How much biotin is there in your b complex??

150ug, is that enough of it to be able to cause breakouts?

ive heard dairy breaks some people out and some say high GI is bad.... dunno personally if these break me out though, might try cuttin down... but i luv chocolate *sigh*

any body find changing diet has helped???