Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeffSimon

Jeff's Antibiotic Log

Hey guys.... im totally new to this, ive just registered hoping this internet thing will be usefull for me to see how I gradually get better. As of yesterday, I have been perscribed minocycline, clindoxyl gel as well as Retin-A cream. Im 17 yrs old and i have had acne for the better part of two years and hoping that it will come to a stop (hopefully) some time soon.

My regimen:

Morning: In the morning my local doctor advised me to put on clindoxyl gel as well as take a pill of miunoclycline. Im supposed to take two pills a day for the first 10 days then use only one pilla day.

NightTime: I was advised to clean off the clindoxyl gel... wash my face with a mild soap ad wait 20mins for face to dry. Then im supposed to apply Retin-A cream before going to bed and take an other pill of minocycline. Again... only for the first 10 days i take 2 pills then on after only 1 pill a day.

I've just started today and so far... nothing special obviously is hapenning. Not getting any drowsiness side effects from minocycline. Though right after takng i felt quite sleepy but thats probably just my mind playing tricks on me again...

HI

Hope u do good. For me minociclyne cleared 100% my fronthead... and for the rest of the face it improved .. although sometimes (like yesterday) I get a random whitehead

I recommend u to put ALOE VERA for the redness/ post shave

BYE

Hey guys... thank you so much for the support, raises my spirit.

Im on my 3rd day now on my new regimen and so far... all im getitng is peeling skin. For some reason... i cant feel new breakouts though i can somewhat see them if i look real close in the mirror. Ive got 3 huge pimples on the left cheek right now which is pretty bothersome but i'll live. Ive been taking minocycline twice a day and i have to say this morning i woke up to go to work and I was feeling pretty sick and dizzy but it went away maybe an hour after i started working so its not too bad.

-Man, i just hope this works out for me... I just wish i could be myself. I know acne shouldnt bring me down but it does... If this doesnt work out... my doctor said she'll let m take accutane which i really dont wanna take... all the possible side effec tsd scare me to death.... already im pretty shaky about taking minocycline.... maybe its just me. :wacko:

Hi there,

I'm also 17 and I was using minocycline for 6 weeks. Two months before I also used it for 6 weeks but it didn't work, my acne was heavier than when I started. Saturday I swallowed my last minocycline tablet (50mg) and wednesday I go to my derm.. I still wonder what he'll say. My skin is still beter, but not 100% perfect ;)

Good luck.

Day 5:

Already skin is starting to improve... acne on my back seems to have gotten dramatically better overnight. Maybe 1 or 2 new little new zits on my face but nothing im not used too. Though I have seen some significant improving results... today the minocycline pills defitnetly hit me hardest today getting very dizzy as the day went by. Got a major headache right now but my spirit is up since I can see improvement. Got about 4 - 5 hours of sleep last night which probably contributed to my migraine. None the less nothingt too serious and so far Im pleased. ;)

nolita - only 6 weeks? im on double dose mino and if i get 50% improvement in 3 months this is GOOD cos antibiotics take a looooong time to work. if they work sooner - hey fantastic! but you gotta stick with them up to 6 months and maybe more to be totally clear. you don't get results overnight with these pills i'm afraid. i've been taking them 10 weeks and im still getting them albeit much less and smaller ones. also stopping and starting again suddenly will only hinder your acne - don't do this plz ne1!

good luck jeff i'm happy you are pleased and hope you continue to see improvements!

:D

Day 6:

Face is still improving slowly, no new zits thus far and the ones I already had or if i get a little new one, they seem to go away much quicker. I dont know if this is because of the minocycline pills or the clindoxyl and retin- A creams. Pills dont really affect me anymore as far as dizziness and headaches, if i sleep enough hours, everything seems to be fine. I have had a problem with peeling, dry skin lately since im using clindoxyl gel during the day but nothing I cant deal with... little moisturizer and its better. Though I hate that it makes my face feel tight, its better than oily and shiny skin.

- I know its only been 6 days but already I'm seeing results which might be because of the minocycline pills or maybe its just the creams working well for me. Nonetheless Im happy and corss my fingers that it keeps going uphill for me... I heard some ppl having an IB on minocycline pills but hasnt seem to have affected me yet anyways.

nolita - only 6 weeks? im on double dose mino and if i get 50% improvement in 3 months this is GOOD cos antibiotics take a looooong time to work. if they work sooner - hey fantastic! but you gotta stick with them up to 6 months and maybe more to be totally clear. you don't get results overnight with these pills i'm afraid. i've been taking them 10 weeks and im still getting them albeit much less and smaller ones. also stopping and starting again suddenly will only hinder your acne - don't do this plz ne1!

good luck jeff i'm happy you are pleased and hope you continue to see improvements!

:D

Good luck Jeff!! I was on Mino for like 2 years and it was amazing..Then I think I built up a tolerance to it..But while it was working, it was amazing!

Day 11:

Not much has changed face is still breaking out, especially on the lower part of my left cheek which is a disappointment. Ive only been on it for 11 days and already somewhat getting discouraged but I will keep an open mind nonetheless. I guess the reason for my disppointment is that I saw promising results right away whe i first started but now it seems like new breakouts are appearing leaving even more blemishes. :wall: acne's frustrating, damn!

If any mroe ppl reply to my posts that are former mino users... how long did it take for the antibiotic to work and did u guys get an initial breakout on this?

hey! i'm 17 also and i'm starting mino today. like you, i am very scared about it... this is the first form of oral acne med i've ever taken... and esp of all the side effects. it was really helpful to read your comments like it goes away after about an hour, and sleeping more helps. >_< guess this will improve my bedtime too lol...

but yeah starting it tonight. i'm on 100mg 2x a day and differin and benzaclin. hopefully this helps both of us! cheers :)

Day 14:

Not much more improvement since its initial improvement of the first days ive been on my regimen. Now it seems that the process of healing has slowed down but feel like improvement is just around the corner. My breakouts are a little less frequent, I only get a 1 or 2 new ones a week now which is i guess better and they dont last long at all which is a relief. Ive also been using Retin-A which is a weird cream to say the least. Its supposed to make you breakout the first few weeks whivch ive been seeing a bunch of very little but annoying zits butim sure it'll go away. Right now its only been my blemishes that have been bothering me the most but all in all im somewhat pleased. Im shouldnt expect an overnight cure which sometimes i feel like im going to get so aybe thats why I find myself very disappointed sometimes.

- I'm only taking mino once a day now, my body seems to have gotten used to it I dont feel any different. No stomach aches, no headaches or dizziness which is nice. :clap:

Day 17:

Like I've been saying lately, the process of healing has slowed down but I have seen results. If I get new breakouts the zits seem to be a lot smaller and disappear quickly. Though what aggravates me the most is the fact that lately I've been having more "poppers" than usual. Seems like I wake up in the morning and everything is fine but as the day goes on the white goop seems to be wanting to burst out of its shell and of course, one of my friends has to point it out... damn it! I guess it might be because of the Retin-A cream Ive been using which is a topical form of what Accutane is, might be cuz its pushing all the pimples out but Im pretty reassured that in a few more weeks Ill be pretty clear. If this is the worst of it, I can defitnetly take it. :cool:

Hi I'm new here and I thought maybe I reply. I used to be on doxycycline and Retin-A for 5years and it kept me clear and good. However recently I guess doxycycline died on me and i had my worse breakout in years. It was all over my face. My derm put me on Minocycline and higher strength Retin-A. I had great results with minocycline, I'm not boasting but it cleared me within a week. You can say my body works great with antibiotics, first doxycycline then minocycline. However, the only downside I have with minocycline although it cleared my acne is that I get terrible migraines. It was horrible having headaches the whole time and I am force to give it up by the second week because I couldn't stand the headaches and my acne comes back again. :snooty:

I am now on a birth control called dianette and it seems to be working probably because I was using clindamycin and Retin-A together with it. I don't have migraines anymore but I hope my acne can finally not appear anymore. There are still 5 big pimples on my face and I hope they subside soon. No more pimples appeared and I am praying none will in future. :whistle:

My derm told me that minocycline is the best acne antibiotic in the market which supposedly has the least resistance to the acne as compared to the other drugs, its a pity that I can't take it because it definetely works better that a birth control. However most people had sucess with it and I think you will too. I will pray for myself and you as well that we will both have great skin in a couple of weeks. Good luck! Stay positive! :dance:

Day 21:

Alright, so I've been on this regimen now for 21 days which is exactly 3 weeks, almost a month. Ive read multiple articles on minocycline and from what I gathered, after a month you're supposed to be about 50% clear. Its been 3 weeks now and I have to say, I see significant results. As of today, I think I only maybe have1 or 2 active zits which are very tiny on the right side of my jawline... I dont even know if u can consider this active since its there but its fading but i guess Ill call it active. Other than that... I only have blemishes from before this regimen which is great, and everyday it seems they slowly disappear. Im keeping my fingers crossed that it'll only go uphill from here though I obviously expect to have a few more zits popping up soon but all in all, Im extremely pleased with ther results so far.

Wish me Luck and thanks for all the support! :dance:

Day 21:

Alright, so I've been on this regimen now for 21 days which is exactly 3 weeks, almost a month. Ive read multiple articles on minocycline and from what I gathered, after a month you're supposed to be about 50% clear. Its been 3 weeks now and I have to say, I see significant results. As of today, I think I only maybe have1 or 2 active zits which are very tiny on the right side of my jawline... I dont even know if u can consider this active since its there but its fading but i guess Ill call it active. Other than that... I only have blemishes from before this regimen which is great, and everyday it seems they slowly disappear. Im keeping my fingers crossed that it'll only go uphill from here though I obviously expect to have a few more zits popping up soon but all in all, Im extremely pleased with ther results so far.

Wish me Luck and thanks for all the support! :dance:

Day 23:

Still slowly improving. Last night I put some Retin-A cream and everything seemed fine but when i woke up i have 3 new zits... ne was pussy and on my right jawline, i had one on my upper lip ( those are always he worse) and one that wasnt so bad on my chin. I popped two of the sucker since my chin one wasnt that bad and as soon as I did so... KABOOM my upper lip one inflamed like a balloon, i got the white goopiness out but damn it was so red and I had to go to work... ha, funn now that I think about it. Anyways, half an hour later it healed and was almost gone though the one that currently resides at 123 rightsmackinthemiddleofmychin got bigger since i kept knocking at its door! ( yep, getting my sense of humor back)... maybe its cuz im gaining self-confidence... meh... overall my skin's looking alright, put some more rRetin-A... this stuff makes my skin bad at first like in the morning but after that it seems to make it so much better, I guess its true what they say... it gets rid of the "impurities"...

Anyways... see ya 'til a couple of days

A month Mark:

Alrighty guys, Its been a complete month and I really hope i dont kinx it but my skin is looking quite good. Breakouts are now less frequent, a breakout used to be 5 -6 new zits ranging from big to small now its maybe 1 little onw that doesnt even turn red which is nice. The scars or blemishes from my previous acne are leaving which is such a relief and I'm slowly starting to feel like myself again. Though I hope it keeps getting better I'm still expecting zits to come of course and I've been thinking about it lately and I think during this summer ill ask for accutane, hopefully my doctor will let me since ill explain to her that I know my zits are gonna come back if i stop minocycline and that my acne is extremely persistent and hopefully she'll let me take it for... ill probably only need for 4 months or something and I wont be having to go to school which is a plus!

After a month: Its been a month and they say minocycline clears you 50% at this point and then slowly keeps clearing up the skin... for me, this statement is accurate, ive had results with minocycline so far but im optimistic that they'll come back if I stop so i'm not getting swolen headed about it all right now.

Day 40:

Day 40 already!... doesnt seem like ive been on it for that long I guess time goes by faster than though. Anyways... today's a bad day for me, after a week and a half of great skin yesterday I got a big cyst looking thing on the side of my lips! YES... ON THE FUCKING SIDE OF MY LIPS- right where the top and bottom one join... its fucking embarrassing lol. All this to say, Ive decided not to go to my first block in the morning... screw it, all my clear skined friends'll be looking at it and pointing it out so fuck it. Man, cant wait for the summer to start and for me to hopefully get on accutane, Im tired of all this up and down mood, feeling on top of the world one day and at the very bottom the next, I just hope that in about 45 mins, the one thats between my lips will at least calm down and look less red cuz ive been picking at it all morning. Anyways.... see ya in a couple of days!

I remember last year when my friends made fun of me since I had a large pimple on my nose, laughing and they told me it was huge.

I just took my first pill of accutane yesterday in the afternoon, sucks since summer is gonna start and can't go outside because of accutane. Good luck man.

I remember last year when my friends made fun of me since I had a large pimple on my nose, laughing and they told me it was huge.

I just took my first pill of accutane yesterday in the afternoon, sucks since summer is gonna start and can't go outside because of accutane. Good luck man.

Day: Whichever I dont even care anymore.

So the other day I went to my GP and she said she saw improvement but I quickly asked her if I could try getting accutane... she said though i barely have any acitve zits anymore that because my acne spreads to my back, shoulders and chest tht I could still be a strong candidate for accutane. So sure enough, I left the place feeling anxious to start yet a bit scared. Yesterday, when I came back from school my mom told me that I had a derm appointment Wednesday at 2 pm which surprised me because from what I read in other foums... it usually takes a couple of weeks but nonetheless I was happy. I had to re-schedule my appointment though because of school so instead of wednesday at 2 ill be going friday at 10 which is somewhat more convenient I guess. Funny how most ppl that take antibiotics usually just end up taking accutane... but w.e.. Im happy im finally (probably) getting the Mighty Tane! muahahahaha.

Cheers

Day: Almost 2 months - lost track

Alrighty peeps, theres good news and bad news. The good news is... I barely have any zits left, maybe 1 active one whic is small and going way down, my blemishes are disappearing and my skin is actually looking great... on my face anyways. Unfortunately, Im going to my derm tomorrow for a look up and I was planning to ask for accutane and because my skin is looking a lot better than it did, Im afraid he wont let me take accutane. ( yeah i know, thats the bad news, mihgtg be good news to most ppl). Im very grateful my skin is looking the best it has in maybe 6 months but still... I know antibiotics is a temporary solution to a persistent problem, in my case anyways.

Anyways, ill check up again tomorrow, let yu all know how my derm appt. went and hopefully il be able to go on accutane over the summer.

Peace Out! ;)