Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ever since i started the regimen my face was flaky... i mentioned this thousands of times

but the worst thing is, when i laught or smile, it unleashes the flakes all over my face!

so does everyone doing the Regimen experience this?

or will it go away later on?

BP really can dry out your skin - and I've found that the skin around my lips is actually pretty sensitive (it's thin skin around that area!). Are you using moisturizer afterwards? If you are, you might try cutting down on the BP, or spreading less (or even none) right around your lips.

i hav the exact sme thing...so what i do is apply EXTRA of my moisturizer where its flaky...[its mostly aroun my mouth area] So basically i moisturize..then moisturize that area again...so far its helped minimize the flaking

I've been having the same problem too. I used the same Neutrogena moisturizer that you're using and didn't find it to be terribly helpful. Right now I'm using Lac Hydrin Five which has been much more helpful than Neutrogena was for my skin. I also found that exfoliating with a baby brush has helped too (I do it night and morning).

yes i definitely moisturize day and night...

traxie : im also using Lac-hydrin (just 2 days) it helped with my flakes a little better

its just a stress that i would hav to worry about my face crumbling when i laught

i cant go a day without laughting out loud :)

hmm i wonder what the experienced (like maybe 1 or 2 years) Regimen users know

I've been on the regime for around 5 years now and suffered quite severe flaking when I first started. Most people encounter the same problem at the onset and it doesn't seem to matter how much bp you use, but obviously the more you use the more you'll get and the longer it'll last. For me the flaking lasted for about 2 months, but that was using the neutrogena on the spot bp.

Saying this, I took a break from bp recently, and when I started again (using dans stuff) I experienced the same flakiness, albeit not as bad. Dans stuff goes in easier, without any grainy bits which I didn't like in the neutrogena stuff.

I seem to remember posting a thread on here entitled 'lizard face dan'. Every person that replyed had the same experiences.

The regime works though, so do continue! :)

so it seems that there's no resolution to this problem...

does it mean i cant laught out loud in public anymore?

I would try moisturizing twice a day, if you aren't already, and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, you might want to try adding a few drops of Jojoba Oil into your moisturizer. I remember a few people on here saying that was the only thing that stopped the severe flaking caused by BP. I'm only on my 2nd week of DKR but have had minimal flaking, but not being able to smile, especially when your skin clears up, that sounds like it sucks!

that actually continued to happen to me until i cut down to using BP once a day. Now i rarely get a flake, unless i really do something to irritate my face.

rite now im tryin to lower my BP in the morning and use full BP at nite

and yes i do moisturizer 2x a day

I am a 5 year regimen user, with clear skin (having been diagnosed with cystic acne in 2002). As far as addressing flakiness, it still happens to me from time to time when the weather gets a little dry, no matter WHAT I use. However, adding a few drops of jojoba oil to my moisturizer has saved my skin from flaking in the last few months. And if I find my skin intolerably dry and flaky at times, I scale back on the bp until it's back to normal.

Semi-Recent Pic

brushing flakes near mouth away with toothbrush + jojoba oil before BP (extra by corners of mouth) + Complex 15 + my other moisturizer depending on time of day = no more flakes by sides of mouth when smiling

Use extra moisturizer in the area, use jojoba oil, cut down on BP on that area, gently slough away the dead skin with something very soft, switch up moisturizers, hmmm.... I can't think of any more. Flaking skin is just something you have solve, don't give up on smiling EVER!

:D:D:D

The most popular tried-and-true method (it's worked for me miraculously) is to wash your face, then allow it a second to dry a bit. When it's still dampish, put the Jojoba oil on your fingers and massage it into your skin one area at a time. Allow it to completely absorb (5ish minutes) and then apply BP. Jojoba oil absorbs best when your face is damp. I used to have insane flaking when I started the reg. too, so just know that it's something you have to figure out and beat.

I add 2 drops of Jojoba oil to my moisturizer every morning. If my skin is noticeably flaky, I'll add more Jojoba oil to those areas (around the mouth, near the eyebrows, etc).

When I was on the regimen (quit because of wrinkles) I would make faces while I was spreading my moisturizer... I would make a BIG smile, put more moisturizer on.... make a frown spread it around some more and make other BIG facial expressions.... hahhaah and it worked!! The flakes stopped when I smiled :) try it....

When I was on the regimen (quit because of wrinkles) I would make faces while I was spreading my moisturizer... I would make a BIG smile, put more moisturizer on.... make a frown spread it around some more and make other BIG facial expressions.... hahhaah and it worked!! The flakes stopped when I smiled :) try it....