Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

lipstick, lipgloss, or lipbalm

My lips have a pretty nice natural color to them, so I just use lip balms. My favorite are the Ganache for Lips lip balms that have real cocoa in them, they smell so delicious (especially the chocolate orange and chocolate raspberry) and give my lips a subtle brownish sheen that actually looks good.

I also hate the fact that when I wake u in the morning, my lips seem like they shrunk in half. My bottom lip damn near disappeared. It's really weird, because I have full lips, so it's odd to see my lips half its size when I wake up.

Well atm whilst ive been on Roaccutane ive mainly been using Carmex, but wen im not on the medication i usually wear lip gloss, however 2day i decided to wear pink lipstick for a change hahaha :razz: ive only ever worn lipstick like 3 times in my whole entire life lol

I LOVE lipstick but haven't been able to wear any for the past 5 months because of accutane. I, too, have an ENTIRE collection. I love them.

lipstick can look so beautiful on other people, but it has never worked for me. it always makes me so self-conscious for some reason. it also makes me look like a little girl playing with my mother's makeup. even lip gloss looks weird on me, so i stick to lip balm for the most part.

I prefer Lipbalm, I love Garnier Lip Cocoon (:wub:), makes my lips sooo soft..but then again my lips are naturally pigmented and full, so when I do put on lipstick I look weird...:lol: just look in my gallery, I have a few pictures where I have red lipstick on, and since I am also naturally pale it looks odd...like a vampire haha...sometimes I wear lipgloss but it always seems to attract my hair to it :doubt:

edit: Haha :redface: Thanks Foomph, maybe I don't look that bad with red lipstick on...

I prefer Lipbalm, I love Garnier Lip Cocoon (:wub:), makes my lips sooo soft..but then again my lips are naturally pigmented and full, so when I do put on lipstick I look weird...:lol: just look in my gallery, I have a few pictures where I have red lipstick on, and since I am also naturally pale it looks odd...like a vampire haha...sometimes I wear lipgloss but it always seems to attract my hair to it:doubt:

I like lipstick best. I have an entire lipstick wardrobe- nudes, reds, pinks, corals, plums, etc. There's always something for my skin tone, outfit, hair, etc. for each particular day, and I like having that selection. Gloss attracts my hair and lip balm is more of a night-time thing for me.

Me too, I have an enourmous lipstick collection.

Red is my obsession though. It's been my life's mission to find the perfect red lipstick: shade, finish & wear. :D

I also have a problem with the hair in the lipgloss thing. But since my lips are thin I need some shine sometimes to make them look plumper.

I also hate the fact that when I wake u in the morning, my lips seem like they shrunk in half. My bottom lip damn near disappeared. It's really weird, because I have full lips, so it's odd to see my lips half its size when I wake up.

wow... this is the opposite of what happens w/me. my favorite lip moment of the day is always first thing in the morning, when they're super-plump from an overnight dose of Burt's Bees. but then later they go back to their normal proportions. :doubt:

Why would accutane make it for people not able to wear lipstick? I never used it so I have no idea.

i don't exactly prefer it but i have to use vaseline cos going through 2 rounds of accutane made my lips permanently dry. i can't use lipgloss or anything like that makes my lips even more drier then they are.

im too spastic for listick.. and im not sure what my color should be, so the few times ive tried, it looked bad. lip balm is my everyday staple. i look for "wetter" ones that still give a little bit of shine.

im totally in love with this:

c.o. bigelow mentha lip shine

but the hair getting stuck to my lips annoys me to the point where i only wear it on occasion.

ive been wearing lipstick lately. MAC lipstick. I have a few pale pink colors that i like on me. I cant pull off red or dark color...maybe i'd do something darker if i were to go to a club or out on the town but i like the pale pinky colors. i use:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...CT_ID=PROD11155

the Real Doll shade ^

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1439

^ Plink! and Bombshell.

i like the look of gloss but it always leaves a white line on my lips after a while. and it's usually sticky and that feels weird to me. Lipbalm gives me the same problem, im still searching for the perfect lip balm. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

i DO love this stuff http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/in...rentPage=family

I'd really recommend Aveeno's Lip Moisturizer. They have two kinds, one for severely chapped lips(blue) and a normal one, that is in a green packaging.

I use the one in the green packaging, it moisturizes VERY well, for hours if you aren't eating..., and it leaves a glossy effect on the lips. The feeling on the lips, isn't sticky or waxy like cheap chapstick after application. I absolutley love it, HG lip moisturizer.

I used to use Neutrogena's lip moisturizer, I would still purchase it if I can find it in stores, it leaves the same effect as the Aveeno, only it doesn't have a fragrance, or taste.

If I could choose between the two, I'd pick the Aveeno, because it has a subtle scent, it also has jojoba oil in it. It's grrrrrrrrreatttttttttt!

Have you guys tried the Neutrogena MoistureShine tinted lip balm? It really packs color and shine, and very natural looking. Too bad the color only lasts about half an hour but still. Pretty awesome stuff.

I prefer Lip Balm... specifically Neutrogena MoistureShine Tinted Lip Balm.

SPF 20 & has a decent range of colors - natural looking as well as semi-dramatic shades (like a pale sort of red or purple). I have a thin, pale face w/really full, bright lips & large round eyes, so I prefer to emphasize my eyes & leave my lips a more natural shade. Lipstick's too harsh on my features... I look like a clown.

I HATE lipstick.. it always smudges somehow, and then my face is stained! (maybe I just suck at applying it, but the stain's there & nonetheless a pain in the arse to wipe off, especially if i've just finished applying all my makeup!) Or my lips dry out, making my lipstick look crusty & disgusting. Glosses are gross on me, too. Sticks to my hair, & has too "wet" of a look for me.. No matter how lightly applied, I still feel like I've got a film of drool on my lips, & I get this uncontrollable urge to wipe it off. Plus every guy I've ever kissed while wearing gloss has said it either tastes bad or feels nasty (or "icky," as one guy put it... which was kinda cute).

its so weird.. i can do my entire face up perfect and if my red lips poke out i feel so ugly.. i always cover them up with a nude/ foundationy color... the redness just looks terrible against my skin color