Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WhitePony

Has anyone here tried Laura Mercier?

Hey ya'll!

I am still in search of that perfect foundation *siiigh*

I have recently become obsessed with Paula Begoun (Paula's Choice) and she seems to really like Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation.

Has anyone here tried it? Opinions? Please dont comment about the price, to me, foundatin is worth paying more money for.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey ya'll!

I am still in search of that perfect foundation *siiigh*

I have recently become obsessed with Paula Begoun (Paula's Choice) and she seems to really like Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation.

Has anyone here tried it? Opinions? Please dont comment about the price, to me, foundatin is worth paying more money for.Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone! :)

i've tried their oil free foundation and their secret camouflage (a concealer).

the foundation didn't really do squat for me. but then, no liquid foundation really has, since my redness is so extreme... just MAC cream foundations, which i refuse to ever go back to (breakouts), and i guess MMU foundations.

their Secret Camouflage, on the other hand, i love. natural finish. really covers. (and i'm super pick about both those things, since not only do i have a lot to cover, but i hate an artificial makeup look.) the shade selection is a little weird, but i'd just go in person and see what works for you. definitely bring a mirror and put a few shades on your face... so you can test it in natural light outside before you buy. (i've gotten into this habit, since the salespeople nearly always match me wrong.) =]

I absolutely ADORE LM's oil free foundation. In my opinion, it's definatly the BEST foundation. I'd say it has medium to heavy coverage. I have a lot of red marks and it covers them all up without the need for a concealer. Whenever, I want that "polished" look, I'll whip out this foundation. For everyday wear, then I'll mix it with my moisturiser.

I never had a problem, with this foundation breaking me out. There are a couple of members around (trouble & tenshi) that use this foundation. All in all, I dont have a bad thing to say about this foundation.. other than the price.. it could be a little cheaper lol.

interesting, Treasure. i was never able to achieve a very nice effect or good coverage with it. i think i tried applying with fingers once. i also tried a wet sponge, as recommended on the site, i think (and definitely by MUA-ers). but i never really got the hang of the sponge thing... i've always been more comfortable with brushes. and wet sponges are kinda messy/slow/inconvenient. :shrug: would you mind telling me how you apply? :)

interesting, Treasure. i was never able to achieve a very nice effect or good coverage with it. i think i tried applying with fingers once. i also tried a wet sponge, as recommended on the site, i think (and definitely by MUA-ers). but i never really got the hang of the sponge thing... i've always been more comfortable with brushes. and wet sponges are kinda messy/slow/inconvenient. :shrug:would you mind telling me how you apply? :)

It does take time to get to grips with LM, I remember having to faff around with it for a while, just so I can work out how best to apply it. But once I learnt, I was all like "woo hoo" and got LOADS of compliments on how clear and perfect my skin was. Little did they know... :whistle:

I'm assuming, the reason why they insist on the diluting thing, is because it probably is concentrated and designed to give a much heavier coverage, which most people dont actually need. That's my theory anyway, lol. I just like the foundation, cos it gives me that option interms of coverage. I'm sure, like me, you have good skin days and bad skin days, which this foundation in my opinion, helps take into account. :D

i tried the oil free tinted moisturizer and secret camo concealer. THe tinted moisturizer feels really light, like you have nothing on. It doesnt break me out when I was using it.